Author Topic: We want Iron Europe Events!!  (Read 6298 times)

Offline TheBritishLoyalist

• Sergeant
  • A traitor is someone who does not agree with me
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: We want Iron Europe Events!!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 05:16:20 pm »
I agree with Olaf.
I want those British tommy lads to use against the krauts ;)
im sure though if they take there time the patch will be even better :)

Offline Saga

• Major General
  • Patiently waiting for BCOF since 2012.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 01:59:05 am »
I've been going on in the past few days with some guys from the 3rd (aka [Gordon] in IE) and we managed to get to 16+ people in a server, I think its just difficult to join the server at the right time as anyone else that is willing. But when I see 10 in a server I get excited  ;D

The only problem I find is that the maps a really big for our small player base and the game does get tedious. It would be nice to have a scheduled time and maybe an announcement from an admin in the form of a quick formed public "event"

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 10:20:05 am »
I would like events on Wednesday, when the 9th is free.

Offline Saga

• Major General
  • Patiently waiting for BCOF since 2012.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 05:43:49 pm »
Saturday would be the best for the official event I think, just so NA and EU can easily show up. Profits off of a larger combined player base.

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 05:15:00 am »
9th has a 1v1 on Saturday

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 05:58:20 pm »
But when I see 10 in a server I get excited  ;D

Ten people? Wh@?????? Ten whole fuckin--... *runs out of sarcasm*

Meh, with so few players playing at any given time, people who join the server quickly get bored and leave, starting a domino effect which eventually leads to empty servers and sad developers.

Another one of my Pr0 T1pzZ \/
Spoiler
In the next patch, do NOT release the dedicated server software, so that only ONE server is open (probably either on Conqest or Battle Mode). O-N-E. Hopefully, the community will be forced to play there. Host your best map on it (the most popular one I guess), and cross your fingers.
[close]
<3

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 06:05:21 pm »

Meh, with so few players playing at any given time, people who join the server quickly get bored and leave, starting a domino effect which eventually leads to empty servers and sad developers.

Spoiler
In the next patch, do NOT release the dedicated server software, so that only ONE server is open (probably either on Conqest or Battle Mode). O-N-E. Hopefully, the community will be forced to play there. Host your best map on it (the most popular one I guess), and cross your fingers.
[close]

On Mondays we get 100-15 people playing on the server with large events. No lag as that and all the the other start issues were fixed long ago.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 06:20:42 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

On Mondays we get 100-15 people playing on the server with large events. No lag as that and all the the other start issues were fixed long ago.

I presume you meant 100-115 people.
That's kewl.
But any higher and the server will crash :(
<3

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 06:29:02 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

I presume you meant 100-115 people.
That's kewl.
But any higher and the server will crash :(

The server has been handling pretty well. We are ironing out the crashes and hopefully with more testing we should have it fixed in the future.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 04:25:29 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Reason why we released it, was because in the end the files were hacked and so... Anyone had access so we just gave it away. Plus some players wanted it for private servers.

So thanks, but we already knew that wouldn't work, ask danyele.
The first modder for NW.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2014, 04:30:29 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Reason why we released it, was because in the end the files were hacked and so... Anyone had access so we just gave it away. Plus some players wanted it for private servers.

So thanks, but we already knew that wouldn't work, ask danyele.

Well then it's your fault haha.
<3

Offline DanyEle

• Board Moderator
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 04:50:42 pm »
What the hell? Files weren't hacked! You can host a server just by upload the mod's files to any server... Server files = Mod without Music, Sounds, Textures folders.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 05:05:54 pm »
What the hell? Files weren't hacked! You can host a server just by upload the mod's files to any server... Server files = Mod without Music, Sounds, Textures folders.
Lol. I thought there was like a dedicated server side program that did that, not some dude just deleting half of the mod that he got from ModDB. The upcoming Persistent Empires mod was gonna do a similiar thing, so, yeah, I wonder how they'll manage to restrict new servers from being hosted.
<3

Offline DanyEle

• Board Moderator
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 05:09:56 pm »
There are some more "exotic" ways for preventing people from hosting a server. But even a normal mod, without those folders deleted, could work. If we're going to limit the servers to just the official ones has yet to be decided, though it's already been discussed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:22:06 pm by DanyEle »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 07:32:27 pm »
There are some more "exotic" ways for preventing people from hosting a server. But even a normal mod, without those folders deleted, could work. If we're going to limit the servers to just the official ones has yet to be decided, though it's already been discussed.
Ok, that, I feel, would be great as a way to concentrate what's there (in terms of players)
<3