Author Topic: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod  (Read 102857 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2015, 06:03:28 pm »
Why not just rename the mod Pike and Shotte WG and texture/model everything based on the Minatures from warlord games?  :P
you could have expressed yourself in a more kind way, you do sound offensive, happens to me too from time to time.
anyways i do believe they do researches for their miniatures otherwise it wouldnt make sense but i agree on the point that their historical accuracy could be dubious
oh and about the highland swordsmen, i think you should add  them for some intresting variety, they are in century of war too you could look there for reference, good luck dont get too stressed
Why not just rename the mod Pike and Shotte WG and texture/model everything based on the Minatures from warlord games?  :P

So what if he is basing his soldiers off of the Warlord Games website? They have a reliable source for uniforms. No need to be a dick about it.
Why is everyone so offended? It was a jest, a light hearted one at that, seeing as they do have some nice colour schemes to base the textures off.  ::)

Forget it

So I thought about making piper and own drummer for Covenanters, but one unit can have only 5 ranks: Musketeer, Pikeman, Sergeant, Officer and Ensign. Maybe there is a way how to have 7 ranks, or I will put them to Musican section.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2015, 06:09:29 pm »
So I thought about making piper and own drummer for Covenanters, but one unit can have only 5 ranks: Musketeer, Pikeman, Sergeant, Officer and Ensign. Maybe there is a way how to have 7 ranks, or I will put them to Musican section.
Perhaps add a similar feature that N&S has for their infantry selection section but add it for the ranks?

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2015, 06:13:13 pm »
Perhaps add a similar feature that N&S has for their infantry selection section but add it for the ranks?

Yeah, but I have no idea how to do that :D . I saw in War of 1812 mod there were more ranks for unit, so it must be somehow possible, but with my skills it would not be

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2015, 07:35:47 pm »
Covenant Lancer Officer, maybe will be updated

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2015, 09:50:15 pm »
  Looking good, I think the unit roster is shaping up pretty well. It is a shame we can't add more regiments (I would  have loved to seen some of the Cornish foot there) but the game does have its limitations. How many colours will be available to be carried in the game by the ensigns? I know in regular Napoleonic the British faction was able to carry two colours (the King's and Regimental's, as they did historically). Of course in this era, each company usually had a colour meaning that there would be about ten carried, although as the war went on and men and colours were lost I believe it was more common for two or three to be carried (although there are reports that the King's Lifeguard of Foote carried their full compliment at Naseby, even though there were only a few hundred men left in the regiment by that point).
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2015, 10:03:01 pm »
  Looking good, I think the unit roster is shaping up pretty well. It is a shame we can't add more regiments (I would  have loved to seen some of the Cornish foot there) but the game does have its limitations. How many colours will be available to be carried in the game by the ensigns? I know in regular Napoleonic the British faction was able to carry two colours (the King's and Regimental's, as they did historically). Of course in this era, each company usually had a colour meaning that there would be about ten carried, although as the war went on and men and colours were lost I believe it was more common for two or three to be carried (although there are reports that the King's Lifeguard of Foote carried their full compliment at Naseby, even though there were only a few hundred men left in the regiment by that point).

Royalists have 5 different banners and Parliament 9.

Every ensign has got at least 2 banners
There is a script, that can add more pages, so there could be more regiments, unfortunately I don't know that script :(

Btw, I thought about adding "Mounted Warrior" rank for Lancers. It would be light cavalry troop with sword and pistol, maybe shield. What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:11:10 pm by ProDazzer_ »

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2015, 10:19:20 pm »
personally i think that lancer rankers should only use lances and a sword sidearm

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2015, 10:25:12 pm »
personally i think that lancer rankers should only use lances and a sword sidearm

I mean ranks could look like this:

Lancer- Scottish Mounted lancer
Warrior- Scottih cavalry with sword and pistol, without lance
Officer- Scottish officer
Bugler- Bugler

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2015, 11:05:08 pm »
King Charles I's horse lifeguards

Officer

I hope it's historically correct now

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2015, 11:16:36 pm »
Love that feather/plume in the last one.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 06, 2015, 11:19:30 pm »
Love that feather/plume in the last one.

Yeah, but I am not sure it's historically accurate

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2015, 11:40:46 pm »
Yup, those Lifeguards are looking lovely. Were they referred to as buglers at this point? Sorry if I am sounding like I am nitpicking but I think trumpeter was the term as the bugle as we know it hadn't been invented (and of course cavalry ensigns being known as cornets).
  As I assume the Covenanter cavalry will be only one slot it probably would make sense to combine them to have a lancer rank and a trooper rank (I would refer to them as troopers rather than warriors, troopers has a more 17th century feel to it). They could also represent the Moss Troopers then who were brigands I believe that roamed Scotland. As I have said before, it would be brilliant if there was a future version of the mod that added the Covenanter's as a separate faction.
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2015, 11:46:00 pm »
I thought bugler and trumpeteer is same  ;D . But ok. I will change that
I didn't add cornets yet. I can't find most banners of regiments
Yes, we plan to add Covenanters as a separate faction in the future, but most of regiments were looking same, so I don't think it would have sense
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:51:46 pm by ProDazzer_ »

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2015, 12:30:41 am »
  What regiments do you need for the cavalry colours? I know some wargame manufacturers do cavalry flags so I could look into that. I know the King's Lifeguard of Horse had a red flag with the crown in the centre and the cypher CR either side of it (the C and the R also had smaller crowns above them). Prince Rupert's lifeguard and his regular Horse regiment (there were two regiments of cavalry that were named in his honour) featured his coat of arms. This site use to do them for free but they now make you pay for the flags although you can still preview them: http://www.wargamesdesigns.com/ecw-royalist.html (go back for the other flags as well for the Parliamentarians and Royalists).
  As there is so little information, sometimes just making a calculated guess or using a flag from an unknown regiment will do just fine.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:36:48 am by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2015, 12:41:45 am »
  What regiments do you need for the cavalry colours? I know some wargame manufacturers do cavalry flags so I could look into that. I know the King's Lifeguard of Horse had a red flag with the crown in the centre and the cypher CR either side of it (the C and the R also had smaller crowns above them). Prince Rupert's lifeguard and his regular Horse regiment (there were two regiments of cavalry that were named in his honour) featured his coat of arms. This site use to do them for free but they now make you pay for the flags although you can still preview them: http://www.wargamesdesigns.com/ecw-royalist.html (go back for the other flags as well for the Parliamentarians and Royalists).
  As there is so little information, sometimes just making a calculated guess or using a flag from an unknown regiment will do just fine.

Again thanks  :)