Author Topic: Football thread v.2  (Read 279482 times)

Offline MangoMeerkat

• Second Lieutenant
  • 47th will always be in my heart
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 47th_Grd_MerKat
  • Side: Union
Re: Football thread v.2
« Reply #585 on: March 09, 2015, 04:22:46 pm »
No I didn't mean just technical skill, La Liga teams on average are better than Premier league teams, the only reason Barca and Real Madrid have scored so many is because they are on a whole other level compared to any other Premier league other than maybe Chelsea. Also in my opinion mid table teams in La Liga are better than their Premier League counterparts as you see Real and Barca respectively getting beat by teams like Real Sociedad, Malaga and Celta De Vigo whereas Chelsea has only lost to 1 mid table team this season 

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #586 on: March 09, 2015, 04:38:38 pm »
Barca/Real have both won 20 games. They've played 26. Chelsea and City have played 27/28 and have won 19/17. Also compare the players at Newcastle/WestHam/Everton to Celta/Rayo and Espanyol. There's a huge difference in stature. Admittedly that's because the Spanish teams have more Spanish players than the English ones do English players but you would expect most of the teams from England I named's players, to be picked over the ones in the Spanish teams bar maybe 6. Barca and Real are on another level I admit but without them the league would be almost nothing. Remove Chelski/City and you still have huge names like Liverpool/Everton/ManUnited (especially)/Tottenham/Arsenal. I think the biggest difference however is that the BBVA is made by the players in it rather than the teams. Without Messi/Ronaldo the BBVA falls behind easily, there isn't the same support behind the other rivalries. Everton/Liverpool is a big thing in some countries, same with Arsenal/Tottenham and Manshitty/Manure.

I do watch BBVA and I would say it does compete with PL very closely, which is more than can be said about some other European League (no hate pls Sven).

Offline MangoMeerkat

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 09, 2015, 04:55:23 pm »
Barca/Real have both won 20 games. They've played 26. Chelsea and City have played 27/28 and have won 19/17. Also compare the players at Newcastle/WestHam/Everton to Celta/Rayo and Espanyol. There's a huge difference in stature. Admittedly that's because the Spanish teams have more Spanish players than the English ones do English players but you would expect most of the teams from England I named's players, to be picked over the ones in the Spanish teams bar maybe 6. Barca and Real are on another level I admit but without them the league would be almost nothing. Remove Chelski/City and you still have huge names like Liverpool/Everton/ManUnited (especially)/Tottenham/Arsenal. I think the biggest difference however is that the BBVA is made by the players in it rather than the teams. Without Messi/Ronaldo the BBVA falls behind easily, there isn't the same support behind the other rivalries. Everton/Liverpool is a big thing in some countries, same with Arsenal/Tottenham and Manshitty/Manure.

I do watch BBVA and I would say it does compete with PL very closely, which is more than can be said about some other European League (no hate pls Sven).
I agree about English mid table teams having bigger names but Spanish mid table team suse a lot more homegrown talent that usually stay in La Liga so we don't really hear about them, but taking out Real Madrid and Barca the league still has huge teams like Atletico, Valencia, and Sevilla which are comparable or better than the likes of Liverpool/Everton and United. Spanish clubs are far ahead of everyone in terms of coeffiency points because even teams like Valencia and Sevilla dominate in Europe but you see teams like Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal bottling it quite often. 

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #588 on: March 09, 2015, 05:36:37 pm »
Everton aren't doing bad in Europe.

Offline MangoMeerkat

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 09, 2015, 05:51:10 pm »
Everton aren't doing bad in Europe.
I didn't say they were doing bad but most of the English teams have messed up in Europe this season. I can't Everton being in Europe much longer anyway as Martinez himself admitted they were in a relegation fight.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #590 on: March 09, 2015, 06:07:36 pm »

I really don't get the bbva hype. Its 2 teams that win 90% of their games with 3 decent exciting sides fighting for cl spots. Bundes is the same except at the very top its only 1 now.

but yeah evertons season

told that bih don't @ me

Offline MangoMeerkat

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 09, 2015, 06:11:49 pm »

I really don't get the bbva hype. Its 2 teams that win 90% of their games with 3 decent exciting sides fighting for cl spots. Bundes is the same except at the very top its only 1 now.

but yeah evertons season
Valencia and Sevilla are both fighting for cl spots as well. There's potentially 3 teams fighting for the tile, the Bundesliga is a clear one horse race.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 09, 2015, 06:32:59 pm »

but yeah evertons season
Valencia and Sevilla are both fighting for cl spots as well. There's potentially 3 teams fighting for the tile, the Bundesliga is a clear one horse race.

Atleti catching up at this point is so unlikely. They're 3 points behind and have been inconsistent these past few matches.

And by 3 decent exciting sides i meant Atleti, Sevilla and Valencia.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #593 on: March 09, 2015, 10:53:22 pm »
Man utd rekt.

Offline IchDien

• Sergeant
  • #1 corpse EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ich
« Reply #594 on: March 10, 2015, 12:09:09 am »
Man utd rekt.

they completely rekt themselves which is the worst part.

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
« Reply #595 on: March 10, 2015, 02:16:32 am »
Man utd rekt.

they completely rekt themselves which is the worst part.
Ya. I'd like to think we dominated. But Arsenal played much better. Whenever ManU sells young talent, they always come back and bite them

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 10, 2015, 09:32:10 am »
Di Maria probs got a booty call so he decided to sub himself off.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #597 on: March 10, 2015, 10:23:30 am »
It could have been 4-1 Arsenal, De gea played superbly, minus Welbeck's goal ofc, then again he's hardly to blame for that.   
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 10, 2015, 10:29:46 am »
It looked like Welbeck was happy atleast.

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
« Reply #599 on: March 10, 2015, 01:19:35 pm »
De Gea thought he was Neuer. Nope.

I was pissed when Welbeck celebrated :(