Author Topic: Football thread v.2  (Read 279422 times)

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Football thread v.2
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2014, 04:40:09 pm »
Retarded picture. Leagues have different abilities when it comes to attacking and defending players. Neuer has an unreal defense in front of him and has to face 2 good teams twice a year. de Gea has to face 5 good teams with a shit defense in-front of him. And even the shit PL teams seem to always have good strikers. (QPR with Austin, Hull with Jelavic and Valencia, Swansea with Bony ect).

Offline Draken193

• Captain
  • I like turtles
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Draken
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »
Retarded picture. Leagues have different abilities when it comes to attacking and defending players. Neuer has an unreal defense in front of him and has to face 2 good teams twice a year. de Gea has to face 5 good teams with a shit defense in-front of him. And even the shit PL teams seem to always have good strikers. (QPR with Austin, Hull with Jelavic and Valencia, Swansea with Bony ect).
Don't blame me, I didnt make it :(

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2014, 05:15:17 pm »

Just because you don't know about the other leagues doesn't mean they are worse. Just to set the tone, there are more German sides competing in the Champions League finals despite them only being alotted 3 spots in comparison to the PLs 4. The top sides in the bundesliga are equals to top sides in the PL. Although Chelsea and Man City are as good as Bayern, they are definetly better than sides such as Schalke, Bayer 04 and Wolfsburg... I can definetly say that those German teams are equals to sides such as Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2014, 08:14:30 pm »

Just because you don't know about the other leagues doesn't mean they are worse. Just to set the tone, there are more German sides competing in the Champions League finals despite them only being alotted 3 spots in comparison to the PLs 4. The top sides in the bundesliga are equals to top sides in the PL. Although Chelsea and Man City are as good as Bayern, they are definetly better than sides such as Schalke, Bayer 04 and Wolfsburg... I can definetly say that those German teams are equals to sides such as Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal.

I said attacking players. I never said the leagues were worse. But compare teams like West Ham and Augsburg (Both 5th/6th respectively). And compare the players.

Sahko, Vaz Te, Andy Carrol, Enner Valencia and Zarate. £37million in strikers that De Gea has to face when playing a team that's not European standard. Compared to;
Tim Matavz, Raul Bobadilla, Shawn Parker, Sascha Molders, Nikola Djurdjic. £7.5million in strikers Neuer has to face when playing a team that's up there, but not European.

Now I realize price doesn't determine skill but if these players were that good then bigger clubs would have out-bid Augsburg for them surely?

As far as your Champions League theory goes,

As much as I hate United they'll be very hard to beat in Europe next time around, and there isn't a stronger team than Chelsea on the planet this year.

Offline MangoMeerkat

• Second Lieutenant
  • 47th will always be in my heart
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 47th_Grd_MerKat
« Reply #259 on: December 27, 2014, 08:16:24 pm »

Wolfsburg currently sit 2nd in the Bundesliga while Everton sit 12th. In the europa league Everton destroyed Wolfsuburg 4-1 at home and then 2-0 away.. only one example but still I don't really think the top German teams can match top english teams as the bundesliga is a one horse race especially now that Dortmund has decided it would be more fun in the 2nd league.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 27, 2014, 08:55:02 pm »

I said attacking players. I never said the leagues were worse. But compare teams like West Ham and Augsburg (Both 5th/6th respectively). And compare the players.

Sahko, Vaz Te, Andy Carrol, Enner Valencia and Zarate. £37million in strikers that De Gea has to face when playing a team that's not European standard. Compared to;
Tim Matavz, Raul Bobadilla, Shawn Parker, Sascha Molders, Nikola Djurdjic. £7.5million in strikers Neuer has to face when playing a team that's up there, but not European.

Now I realize price doesn't determine skill but if these players were that good then bigger clubs would have out-bid Augsburg for them surely?

As far as your Champions League theory goes,
Spoiler
[close]

As much as I hate United they'll be very hard to beat in Europe next time around, and there isn't a stronger team than Chelsea on the planet this year.

I'm guessing the image you posted is for the winners of the champions league? if so it really isn't relevant to the argument i was posing. There are more German teams in the last 16 this season then there are English teams, despite the alottment difference. Of course there are more English champions overall, thats because of them being a much larger force throughout the history of the competition.

Also, whilst i agree that West Hams attack line up is better than Augsburgs, rating them according to price is pretty retarded since its a fact that BPL sides always pay incredibly inflated prices for their players. Andy Carroll and Valencia aren't worth the millions they paid in terms of what they offer. If you wanted to really see whos done better this season there are stat websites like whoscored.com that you can pop over and look.

Wolfsburg currently sit 2nd in the Bundesliga while Everton sit 12th. In the europa league Everton destroyed Wolfsuburg 4-1 at home and then 2-0 away.. only one example but still I don't really think the top German teams can match top english teams as the bundesliga is a one horse race especially now that Dortmund has decided it would be more fun in the 2nd league.

Well i guess thats a bit of the randomness in football, because you'd think teams like everton and wolfs would be better matched but seems not.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 27, 2014, 09:01:15 pm »
Stats have the same problem as the original picture though. It's easy for a good player to get good stats in a shit league. You must have missed like 90% of my post because you've said things I already said and ignored points I made on Champs League and price.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 27, 2014, 09:03:34 pm »
Stats have the same problem as the original picture though. It's easy for a good player to get good stats in a shit league. You must have missed like 90% of my post because you've said things I already said and ignored points I made on Champs League and price.

Skim reading works 90% of the time innit.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Reaper

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1st[SA]Fws_Reaper
« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2014, 03:36:11 am »
PL Teams usually don't find as much success in European tournaments such as Europa and Champions league because they have much tougher games to play every week. The intensity of PL football in comparison to the Spanish league, Bundesliga, and all the other European leagues is much higher. The games are much faster paced and there is rarely a game where they can sit back and relax. This is every week.

Whereas you have the other European leagues, where there are some good teams, but they don't face a tough, hard hitting team every week. Their success rides on the fact that they can almost always play their best, fully fit starting XI.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2014, 03:39:51 am »
Tbh the BPL is the only league worth watching. Every other european league has like 3 good teams and the rest are complete trash. It's the same teams winning every season, so what's the point in watching?
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2014, 06:37:56 am »
Tbh the BPL is the only league worth watching. Every other european league has like 3 good teams and the rest are complete trash. It's the same teams winning every season, so what's the point in watching?
MLS is a fun league to watch tbh. Cause there isnt a "good" team. So its fun going to games etc

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2014, 12:50:05 pm »

When was the last time a team from outside the big  4 in England won the league?

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2014, 02:09:00 pm »
Blackburn wasn't it? Unless you no longer consider Arsenal a top four team, in which case a little over a decade ago.

Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2014, 02:59:13 pm »
Nah arsenal are still top four, they finish there pretty much every season hue

So i think the argument that 'its the same winners evry year!!!' argument is pretty irrelevant.

You watch football for the beauty of it, for enjoyment, not just for who gets the three points and wins the title.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2014, 03:34:54 pm »
It's not just about the league though. The smaller teams are still competitive and can beat the big teams home and away. Whereas Bayern win/draw 95% of their games.