Author Topic: Battlefield Series  (Read 3062 times)

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
  • Side: Neutral
Battlefield Series
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:06:04 pm »
Topic to discuss any game of the Battlefield Frenchise ;)

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Battlefield Series
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 09:52:42 am »
What about linking to your profile so we can check out our stats? :)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Hugh_MacKay/stats/241876571/
Score/min would probably be a lot higher if I didn't only play Conquest Large :)
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Gragnok

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Col_Gragnok
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:09:06 am »
I have played BF at my friend's once but was never any good at it xD all i did was fly around and jump out over the sea or some were  ;D And when i was on a city map all i did was run round jumping over thing's yellig "madled!"  :D

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:35:23 pm »
And when i was on a city map all i did was run round jumping over thing's yellig "madled!"  :D

Madled?   :o  Medic?  ???
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 09:26:26 pm »
And when i was on a city map all i did was run round jumping over thing's yellig "madled!"  :D

Madled?   :o  Medic?  ???
Mentled* just running up to thing's and jumping over them in the really cool way that BF lets you do.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 05:23:40 pm »
I was A BIT disappointed in BF3. It didn't really give me the feel that BF BC2 gave me when I first played it. I don't know what it is, but BF3 was never good enough in my eyes  :-\

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 10:02:10 pm »
Do you guys play hardcore or normal?

Personally I enjoy hardcore much more than normal. Normal just seems way too easy. You need to think carefully when crossing for example a road on Hardcore, where I just feel I take 10 bullets in normal before I die. Same with the 3d-spotting, kill-cam, auto-repair and HUD. Simply makes the game way too easy.
I've heard a few complain that hackers have it way too easy on Hardcore because nobody can see what they are doing etc. But TBH, I rarely have had problems with hackers, and if I've seen any they have mostly been banned by an admin or Punkbuster. Never think I've seen so few hackers in any FPS-game.

@GoldenEagle: Yeah know the feeling. BFBC2 just had a way different gamestyle. More slow and teambased I think. BF3 is quite fast-paced on almost every map(every firefight, even on distance, is often decided on a few seconds) so quite different to BFBC2 in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:05:43 pm by Hugh MacKay »

Offline Youp

• Captain
  • Skill is not an unlock, it's something you gain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Youp
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 06:05:21 pm »
Hardcore and normal are both fun. The game is good and BF3 is one of the best :)
Gazeilles Youp
Ex- Regimental Sergeant Major of the 4e Grenadiers, Served the regiment for 2,5 years

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 08:19:59 am »
For me, the best in the Battlefield series was Battlefield 2142. All the cool tech and well thought out unlock system made it tons of fun for me. And Titan mode, there's just no good way of saying how awesome that is. Who can say no to boarding a giant flying warship, fighting through the corridors, and blowing up the core?

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 10:42:13 am »
Indeed the Titan Mode was awesome! Revolutionary for the series as Rush were for the late games. Miss something new. BF3 doesn't really offer anything new to me. Don't play anything else than conquest and rush.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 12:00:24 pm »
I hope you guys don't play on PC xD I played on Xbox and my accuracy is comparable.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Death%20by%20EMP/stats/234653688/xbox/

Also, it seems we are all rage quitters xD It seems Gragnok leaves nearly half his games.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:03:34 pm by Death by EMP »

Offline Gragnok

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Col_Gragnok
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 03:41:53 pm »
yeah i quit about 40% of the games i join. But that is to avoid raging lol. If i join a server that is horribly unbalanced and my team is crap i just leave. Battlefield is a team based game and if your teams support players don't know they should drop ammo then there isnt much hope of any teamwork so i just leave :)

@Hans: Hardcore is scary :(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:46:02 pm by Gragnok »
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 04:04:26 am »
Indeed the Titan Mode was awesome! Revolutionary for the series as Rush were for the late games. Miss something new. BF3 doesn't really offer anything new to me. Don't play anything else than conquest and rush.

Battlefield does do a great job introducing incredible new game modes. If I recall correctly, conquest was their creation as well. Too bad Battlefield 2143 isn't happening anytime soon. I'd really love to see bigger titans and more than two Titans on a map. Imagine having five Titans on each team duking it out. I hear that Battlefield 4 will stay in the modern setting. I certainly hope that's not true, it's really getting old.

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 11:39:37 am »
The only thing Battlefield has introduced has been Titan-mode. Both conquest and rush was seen before, but certainly perfected in Battlefield.

And yeah well I fear BF4 will be modern too. All BF with a number (2 and 3) has been modern, while everything else has had different names.
But have we heard anything else than it being confirmed?