Author Topic: North American Community List-NaCl Reborn [Update 2.0: The NaCl Floweth]  (Read 144765 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Community List-NaCl Reborn [Update 2.0: The NaCl Floweth]
« Reply #1440 on: June 15, 2018, 02:23:26 pm »
put 58e on all time

its the only good regiment ive ever been in

Honestly I am hesitant to do so. I will explain why, because I think this is somewhat relevant to the LG discussion.

I want to introduce a 'homegrown' standard to the game.

What is Homegrown? Think of it like European Club Soccer. In alot of competitions in Europe, there is a required number of players on a team that has to have trained at the Club for a certain number of years before the age of 21. This means that clubs have to really make an effort to develop their players, and players developed at their club are that much more valuable to them. It keeps, for example, English teams English (to some extent), as it puts a limit on just how much imported talent you can really have.

I personally want to hold regiments on the HoF to this standard. I want regiments on the HoF to have a degree of talent that can truly be considered their 'own'. I am not asking for an entire roster of a regiment be trained from 0, or even most of it, just some of it. I personally think that is what separates a HoF regiment from a melee stack. Dominance is a requirement for HoF, sure, but any rando with enough stackage behind him for long enough can dominate for a year or so. However, it takes a truly special group of people to take nothing and make it something. To truly add something to the community, and I think nothing more valuable can be added to a competitive community than competitive players themselves. See, hall of fame regiments are special in that they don't need to be on the list for them to be remembered. The people they trained, the officers from them that went on to make other, great regiments, the lasting legacy they have had on the game - that's what I want from regiments on the HoF. All the regiments on this list can be said to have essentially founded competitive NW, with most of the players on the all-time and current lists being able to trace themselves back to them in one way or another. Even the regiment on the list with probably the smallest number of homegrown players, 9y, trained up enough players to competitive standard to embarrass most 'stacked' regiments from 2015 on-wards. I think that is the secret ingredient, the special sauce, of a HoF regiment. A sacred, lost art that has gradually been lost from NW along with its declining player base. Which is truly a shame - I have talked with many competitive players, and often the fondest memories of the game were learning how to play it alongside one's regiment. 

Alot of people talk about the leaders of each of the regiments on the HoF, but while a good leader is necessary for a good regiment, and recruiting a few key good players does help, I think the real reason they got that far was their ability to produce competitive-quality players. The 12th is probably the best example of this - while they did recruit a few already great players that did help their success alongside truly superb leaders, the strength of the 12th was that practically their whole line was full of competitive-quality players, who all would probably have been 80+ on a 'current melee list' of the time, with most of them being trained up to that point by the regiment itself, and I think that's what makes the 12th truly legendary and something that will never be repeated.

Honestly, if the game weren't so dead nowadays, I think it would have been amazing to have a league with 'homegrown' rules. IE They would have to limit roster sizes/LB sizes to make regiments play those players and for the degree to which they were trained to actually have an impact. So like, maybe 10 vs. 10 only, with roster sizes capped at 20 (10 subs each), and a rule akin to like 'each team must have 3 players trained at their regiment for either 100 hours before they have reached 750 hours on Warband, with at least one of those players having to be played each round'. 

Where am I going with this tho?

Simple; I don't think 58e meet that requirement. I won't put a number on how many homegrown players a regiment would need to qualify for HoF, cause I think putting numbers required for entry to HoF in general would probably be a mistake, but when I think of the 58e, I think 'not enough'. Alot of their success came from the corpse of an incredibly strong 3eVolt (See Grimsight for more information on 2014 3eVolt) and a few other already strong and competitive players from various places in the community.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1441 on: June 15, 2018, 03:56:04 pm »
Who cares? Jesus Christ guys. I hope you guys care about your future kids as much as you do about your online Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars regiments.
boi you're the one who made a current melee list and is still updating it
HYPOCRITE ALERT

put 58e on all time

its the only good regiment ive ever been in
Ap0c tldr; 58e were too much of a bandwagon to be considered for it

Also nice analysis godfried!

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1442 on: June 15, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »
Training people in 2018? Lul
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

MATT123456789

« Reply #1443 on: June 15, 2018, 04:09:50 pm »
Who cares? Jesus Christ guys. I hope you guys care about your future kids as much as you do about your online Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars regiments.

There's nothing wrong with caring about your hobby, also there is a stigma surrounding video games caused by Hollywood/media  purporting gamers to be fat,lazy,dependent    ,slobs with no aspirations in the real world who want to shoot up schools to get back at society. The television makes you believe that if you play video games you are a total "loser" but if you spend everyhour of your life updating your social media and trying to prove your life is better than someone else's through heavily filtered selfies and a 4 digit follower count then you are "popular".

Take a look at the people around you. 90 percent of them will CHERISH their phone. They can't go more than five minutes without it, it's sad, and it's way more destructive to your life goals then video games are.  Social media is awful, it breeds insecurity, when you go on social media and see all these pictures of people seemingly having fantastic lives you start to think low about yourself and feel the need to prove something so you then start posting pictures of how great your life is(or make it APPEAR that your life is great) and when you start getting a couple likes and followers it drags you in with dopamine and now everyday you try to get more and more likes and followers to cure your insecurity and feel "wanted" but that will never happen because you will always want more and more and there will always be someone out there with more followers/likes.

And with how every decent looking bitchs life is centered around their social media, they will judge THE FUCK outta you if you don't have any or aren't popular on it. So now every guys gotta have a strong social media presence if they want to slay a chick that isn't 30+ percent bodyfat. Don't worry though, you don't have to spend thousands of hours and years on your phone  to get more followers/likes, you can buy over 10,000 followers in less than five minutes!! Isn't that great, they can put in all that hard work, and you can get ahead of them in under 5 minutes by dropping 50 bucks.

Now go to Japan or south Korea, gamers are shown in a good light over there because of the media and it's perfectly acceptable to play video games as a hobby or professionally. Everyone and their mother plays LoL or StarCraft . People would probably look at you, fartknocker, weirdly, if you asked them to play football on a Saturday instead of playing StarCraft.

Now there's also a downfall with video games as a hobby. some douche can go buy hacks and automatically be better than you or the devs can put out a patch and change the game and ruin all the hours you put in on it. Like what the fse devs just did to NW, they were suppose to fix the sideblock glitch and instead added like 5 more glitches and made the game even more buggy and trolled us saying they'll revert the patch. It's been like 2 months since, yeah they ain't reverting shit.

I still like nw though because you don't need expensive gaming setups to be good at it and you can't hack the game to your advantage, it's too obvious when someone hacks, and a hack such as autoblocker won't do you any good when a good player will just kill you with stuns and holds.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1444 on: June 15, 2018, 04:12:05 pm »
Matt knows a lot about autoblock ::)
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Oatmeal

« Reply #1445 on: June 15, 2018, 04:13:28 pm »
homegrown talent in nw... interesting

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #1447 on: June 15, 2018, 04:53:53 pm »
Playing videogames does nothing good for your life and can harm it as well, and the sooner you realize that the more at peace with it you'll be

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #1448 on: June 15, 2018, 05:31:42 pm »
Don't get me wrong by the way, I'm not salty and angry about this, I understand the reasons we aren't being put on the HoF. I'm mostly still debating this because there's nothing to do on Twentynine Palms.

It's not my HoF list and it's ran differently from how I'd run it. I'd probably have the 5th/75th and 58e on it if if was mine.

In my opinion the homegrown thing doesn't matter, and in today's NW there will probably never be anything like that again. There will probably never be another regiment added to the HoF because of that. That's what I disagree with.

I really have nothing else to debate at this point because I can't argue against the homegrown thing.

My last point will be this, more just a response to Godfreid. I don't think the 30th, 6te or USMC are shit regiments they had pretty good line ups and good leaders. And the mention of looking at a regiments entire life I don't understand because the 63e is ass now and has been a lot of their career, the 3eVolt also had times when they were mainly a pub reg where they were pretty shit. I still think they both deserve the spot though.

Playing videogames does nothing good for your life and can harm it as well, and the sooner you realize that the more at peace with it you'll be

I feel like I'm doing pretty well in life
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:34:44 pm by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #1449 on: June 15, 2018, 05:40:18 pm »
boi you're the one who made a current melee list and is still updating it
Lol a list I made that I casually check in on and update maybe once a day isn't being on the same level as these dudes arguing for like 40 pages about a regiment that doesn't exist anymore. But yeah I see your point.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Havoc

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 15, 2018, 06:06:03 pm »
LG definitely deserve a spot on HoF for impact, longevity, and general success. LG is the closest reg to the 2ndQF/12th I've ever been in and based on that I think they belong there.

Also give Russian an 89/90 rating on the leaders list.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 06:09:15 pm by Havoc »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #1451 on: June 15, 2018, 06:18:22 pm »
If we put NW in basketball terms we have Michael Jordan (the 12th) and Lebron James (I'll use the LG in this example but you could also use the reformed 3e). Both are great players of their respective eras but Lebron James is a great athlete in a more competitive area where skill is concentrated in top teams as opposed to being spread out. The rules have changed a lot though so Lebron (the LG) gets a much more well ref'd era where rules are enforced much more and the bias is effectively eliminated but this also means there's a lot more then just charging and using melee to win like older linebattles. Tactics and shooting are far more important and leading has changed a lot from the 12th era, especially on hill camping.

It shouldn't really be an argument though as both Lebron and Jordan should be in the Hall of Fame and remembered as greats for their contributions in different eras of the game. It doesn't make much sense to disallow the LG as they were great before the merge and better after the merge. There's also the fact that 45e members like Suns joined the 3e so it wasn't like everyone joined the LG and they weren't obligated to. What was the 45e supposed to do? All of them uninstall to make the game fair for the 3e?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #1452 on: June 15, 2018, 06:30:07 pm »
RegLatino for the hall of fame or ur list is invalid

checkmate idiots

MATT123456789

« Reply #1453 on: June 15, 2018, 06:38:58 pm »

Like all hobbies, video games do nothing "good" for your life but social media is different and is definitely a lot worse for you.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #1454 on: June 15, 2018, 07:02:51 pm »
RegLatino for the hall of fame or ur list is invalid

checkmate idiots
Fuck that, 13th FL

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer