Author Topic: How To: Make a Regiment  (Read 191582 times)

Offline ash.j

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: How To: Make a Regiment
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 04:27:42 am »
Updated with how to run a regiment.

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 12:33:05 pm »
Indeed this should be stickied.

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 12:41:16 pm »
Very nice :)

Offline Punishment

• Private
  • 77y's Inquisitor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 01:09:22 pm »
One thing that i see happening to alot of new regiments that they are starting off with 20 diffrent ranks right off the bat.
You dont need 8 different NCO ranks when you start off nor do you need 15 ranks for normal soldiers.

Another thing that angers me is the balance between CO/NCO and normal soldiers. When your regiment has 10 people , it is unneeded that 7 of them are NCO's. (but this might be due to members joining new regiments want to hold a place of power).

Just my opinion on things.

Offline Eazy-E

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: E
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 01:17:57 pm »
One thing that i see happening to alot of new regiments that they are starting off with 20 diffrent ranks right off the bat.
You dont need 8 different NCO ranks when you start off nor do you need 15 ranks for normal soldiers.

Another thing that angers me is the balance between CO/NCO and normal soldiers. When your regiment has 10 people , it is unneeded that 7 of them are NCO's. (but this might be due to members joining new regiments want to hold a place of power).

This is very true, I often see Regiments of 10 attendance with a Colonel, a Lt Colonel, Captain, couple of Lieutenants, a ton of NCOs and 2 privates. Makes me sick :c

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 01:20:16 pm »

+1

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 01:25:09 pm »
So regiments who play the game differently should play like you?

Offline Punishment

• Private
  • 77y's Inquisitor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 01:41:59 pm »
So regiments who play the game differently should play like you?

Read before making such remarks please. I was in no way forcing people in any way. Just pointing out my personal opinion here.

Offline Punishment

• Private
  • 77y's Inquisitor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 01:42:32 pm »
-

EDIT: uch wrong buttom.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 01:47:39 pm »
That doesn't sound like opinion, it sounds like an inferiority complex toward those who strive toward high organization.

Offline Eazy-E

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: E
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 01:55:46 pm »
I think that having 8 COs/NCOs for 3 rankers is anything but organised, it completely messes up the chain of command

Offline Punishment

• Private
  • 77y's Inquisitor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 02:21:55 pm »
That doesn't sound like opinion, it sounds like an inferiority complex toward those who strive toward high organization.

In the 77y i took on the volunteerly job of Regimental Secretary  which involves me having to maintain the ranks , roster and generally speaking anything administrative in the regiment (which is one of the biggest in this community) .

From my expierence having too much ranks leads to anything but high organization , it just least to the exact opposite.
It is a a complete pain having to keep track and having to edit everyone's different rank (for me but also for the CO's).Having a serious amount of ranks only this this worse.

Thats why in my opinion having a small but well thought out rank system is way more organized than having a overflowing amount of ranks.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 02:24:45 pm by Punishment »

Offline Pumti

• Second Lieutenant
  • Stand Brave Men!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pummo
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 02:22:40 pm »
Really nice thread, and very helpfully! indeed this thread should be stickied.  ;)

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 03:09:49 pm »
Nice this will probs help my IRL friend thanks mate :)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 03:36:58 pm »