Author Topic: NWWC 2022 | Overview  (Read 35767 times)

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ???
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2022, 04:45:32 pm »
Let's do NWWC Duel format
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Flashkodr

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2022, 04:46:32 pm »
6v6 seems the most preferable, I guess.
But once there was a cool idea to allow making several teams of the same nation. GER1/GER2, FRA1/FRA2/FRA3 etc.
So more people will get involved=more variablity

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2022, 04:48:11 pm »
But once there was a cool idea to allow making several teams of the same nation. GER1/GER2, FRA1/FRA2/FRA3 etc.
I agree, they can also be divided into different leagues

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2022, 04:48:33 pm »
As I said then, it's not what NWWC is for. NWWC is designed to be elitist. It is where the best players from each nation come to play against one another. Not a place for everyone.

Also the one year we did that we saw nations like France have two weaker teams rather than one stronger one and make the worst final I've ever seen (no offence FRA 2 you did well to get there but the match was easy). Personal conflicts always come into play and ruin certain teams strength like this with the way the NW community is.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2022, 04:52:16 pm »
league or 1 day thing ?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2022, 04:52:39 pm »
From what I understand it'll be the usual groups/knockout format but this is still being discussed.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2022, 04:53:00 pm »
Multiple teams per nation was a fun thing to try and experiment with. Looking back I can say it indeed is cancer to manage and takes away a bit of the competitive aspect a tournament of this format should have.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Board Moderator
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2022, 04:54:36 pm »
Multiple teams per nation was a fun thing to try and experiment with. Looking back I can say it indeed is cancer to manage and takes away a bit of the competitive aspect a tournament of this format should have.
^

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2022, 05:00:56 pm »
Well. I think it's a great time to change nwwc. NWWC is a name that stands for the best of each nation competing against each other for weeks. That means no 1-day tournament and only 1 team per nation. But the rest should be arguable imo.

NW in general lacks professionalism. And although that may depend on personal preferences but NWWC is probably the most prestigious tournament for the absolute top players of this game. So why shouldn't we introduce a more exciting format that remains exciting till the very end. That provides fewer 15-5s but rather close matches throughout. And where is professional broadcasting, where is prize money? Especially with the generation change in big nations such as UK and Germany that is likely gonna happen (unless retired players come back for this) it seems like a brilliant timing. Nearly every sport has had a revolution in their respective world championship. No need to keep things that don't provide the best entertainment for players and spectators.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2022, 05:03:07 pm »
where is prize money?
Bodya will donate 7 euro's
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Chuckster

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2022, 05:03:56 pm »
Multiple teams advantage England and disadvantage France

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2022, 05:04:31 pm »
As I said then, it's not what NWWC is for. NWWC is designed to be elitist. It is where the best players from each nation come to play against one another. Not a place for everyone.

Also the one year we did that we saw nations like France have two weaker teams rather than one stronger one and make the worst final I've ever seen (no offence FRA 2 you did well to get there but the match was easy). Personal conflicts always come into play and ruin certain teams strength like this with the way the NW community is.

I quite enjoy the idea of having multiple teams per nation, though that for sure comes at the cost of high-level competition, though that could be countered by a similar EGS format by having the 'main' teams be in Division A and the other teams being in Division B, pretty much what Desant put below:

I agree, they can also be divided into different leagues

Most people would most likely rather play in Division A than Division B, meaning the teams in Division A should in theory be just as strong as usual, except now the bench 'decent' players could be fielded in a second Division B team. It's all fun and games watching the 'best of the best' battle it out, but people also would like to play considering it's going to be the only GF tournament for a long time.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 05:06:09 pm by Fietta »

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2022, 05:05:48 pm »
Why not making a 1-day tournament after NWWC with multiple-nation teams ?(in some time, like at summer) And keeping NWWC to what it stood for

Offline Chuckster

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2022, 05:09:05 pm »
Why not making a 1-day tournament after NWWC with multiple-nation teams ?(in some time, like at summer) And keeping NWWC to what it stood for
ENWC was with multiple teams  ;)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2022, 05:10:36 pm »

Don't think anyone would care for it apart from Bodya