Author Topic: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 2]  (Read 45499 times)

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
Re: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 2]
« Reply #735 on: February 12, 2022, 07:23:43 pm »
Alright what had happened was Jazz asked me on discord when we can do our match. Prior to this we already had a planned scrim with Hunteh’s team. Most of my players said they were available. When Jazz approached me to do our match, I said 9:15 because that’s when our planned scrim was. Jazz said yeah our team can do that time yesterday. Halfway through the pub event, Jazz said “nvm we can’t do it”. I already notified my team and posted on the thread about the match. I contacted Risk on how we should proceed about this matter and Risk said either force the match or agree to reschedule. I asked our team on what we should do and our team agreed we should play because we’re all here and most of us will be busy Saturday and Sunday to play, plus Jazz already agreed to playing. During our scrim, Mikey was messaging me saying that Jazz was not responding to any of his messages and Cwater was poking me trying to figure out what is going on because Jazz wasn’t being clear to Cwater and the rest of his team. I got into a channel with both Cwater and Jazz and Cwater was saying Jazz put nothing in his group chat regarding the official match being that very night. Jazz was able to round up his members when me, Cwater, and Jazz were in the channel. Overall, credit to their team. They are a really strong L2 team.

In regards to Jedimasters L2 team, it was a really fun team to be apart of with Winters, Achilles, Levis, CommanderDeath, VHA, Ben, and WiFi Bills. Tough way to go out but overall all those players grinded their asses off and I’m glad I was able to play with them. Plus, I enjoyed playing with the L1 gamers as well during scrims. BabyJ, Jaax, Gavin, Red Viper, Vlad, and Camden were great teammates. Once again thanks for hosting Risk. I think the L2 concept was a great addition and provided a lot of us that don’t regularly play a chance to play. Good luck to the remaining teams!
click here to join the 84th

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #736 on: February 12, 2022, 08:22:03 pm »
In regards to Jedimasters L2 team, it was a really fun team to be apart of with Winters, Achilles, Levis, CommanderDeath, VHA, Ben, and WiFi Bills. Tough way to go out but overall all those players grinded their asses off and I’m glad I was able to play with them. Plus, I enjoyed playing with the L1 gamers as well during scrims. BabyJ, Jaax, Gavin, Red Viper, Vlad, and Camden were great teammates. Once again thanks for hosting Risk. I think the L2 concept was a great addition and provided a lot of us that don’t regularly play a chance to play. Good luck to the remaining teams!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

I think it set up some good ground work for any future leagues that will have a League 2 format.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #737 on: February 13, 2022, 08:50:49 am »

I think it set up some good ground work for any future leagues that will have a League 2 format.

League 2’s should be the standard now. So many people got better since the start of the league it’s crazy.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #738 on: February 13, 2022, 04:13:54 pm »

League 2’s should be the standard now. So many people got better since the start of the league it’s crazy.
Been the best thing for player development in a long time

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #739 on: February 13, 2022, 07:42:15 pm »
Spoiler
Alright what had happened was Jazz asked me on discord when we can do our match. Prior to this we already had a planned scrim with Hunteh’s team. Most of my players said they were available. When Jazz approached me to do our match, I said 9:15 because that’s when our planned scrim was. Jazz said yeah our team can do that time yesterday. Halfway through the pub event, Jazz said “nvm we can’t do it”. I already notified my team and posted on the thread about the match. I contacted Risk on how we should proceed about this matter and Risk said either force the match or agree to reschedule. I asked our team on what we should do and our team agreed we should play because we’re all here and most of us will be busy Saturday and Sunday to play, plus Jazz already agreed to playing. During our scrim, Mikey was messaging me saying that Jazz was not responding to any of his messages and Cwater was poking me trying to figure out what is going on because Jazz wasn’t being clear to Cwater and the rest of his team. I got into a channel with both Cwater and Jazz and Cwater was saying Jazz put nothing in his group chat regarding the official match being that very night. Jazz was able to round up his members when me, Cwater, and Jazz were in the channel. Overall, credit to their team. They are a really strong L2 team.

[close]
I understand now that Jazz was just being a dumbass

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #740 on: February 13, 2022, 11:18:16 pm »
Tbh I think matchmaking contributed more to the improvement. I’ve heard from a few L2 players that they didn’t like it or gain anything, and that it is more helpful for them to be able to play with the L1 players and learn from them. Not sure what the majority think though

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #741 on: February 13, 2022, 11:23:19 pm »
Tbh I think matchmaking contributed more to the improvement. I’ve heard from a few L2 players that they didn’t like it or gain anything, and that it is more helpful for them to be able to play with the L1 players and learn from them. Not sure what the majority think though
I mean frankly the league 2 product sucked in terms of groupfighting - but unlike previous seasons players actually got to play in competitive groupfights that weren’t meaningless MM. maybe the MM was most beneficial for skill but I think league 2 was huge for understanding structure and playmaking

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 13, 2022, 11:24:19 pm »
I agree with this. I know a lot of the reason for a league 2 was to not have so many subs, but it would be better to have more teams or more players playing per team to combat this. A league 2 format just kinda feels like those matches don't matter
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline IcePimpDaddy

• Goofiest Forum Member
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CockJohnson
« Reply #743 on: February 13, 2022, 11:38:03 pm »
I mean frankly the league 2 product sucked in terms of groupfighting - but unlike previous seasons players actually got to play in competitive groupfights that weren’t meaningless MM. maybe the MM was most beneficial for skill but I think league 2 was huge for understanding structure and playmaking

damn i was literally gonna say that u stole the post right out from under me

but the biggest gripe was the whole ft10 why not just make it ft 15
CoC > any other team

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #744 on: February 13, 2022, 11:47:39 pm »

Just has more dudes actually caring about competitive. League 2 in the grand scheme of things means absolutely nothing. It’s just about getting other people involved. There’s been players who haven’t ever gotten playing time in any draft league that are actually getting to participate, which is good for player retention. Actually having played in league 2 it is fun to work with people I haven’t before and played against teams that you’d normally never see.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #745 on: February 14, 2022, 12:00:53 am »

damn i was literally gonna say that u stole the post right out from under me

but the biggest gripe was the whole ft10 why not just make it ft 15
click here to join the 84th

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #746 on: February 14, 2022, 12:53:36 am »
at the very least it allowed them to play in actual matches and help motivated players to actually play mm or try and get better
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #747 on: February 14, 2022, 12:53:56 am »
all im hearing is waste wants to play in league 2

Offline vha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 14, 2022, 01:02:18 am »
I thought L2 was a lot better. Having only played two leagues (this one included), I had a lot more fun being able to play with players comparable to my skill level, who I was able to build an understanding with, who wouldn't rage at not being a god at the game. Likewise, it was nice being able to fight against people who aren't gods at the game either. While part of improving is fighting players that are better than you, I don't think Death, Ben, and I would have learned much playing against Cwater, Anthony, and Oatmeal.

MM is also a good way to improve, but it's also a pretty selfish environment on a teamplay level, and it's also toxic as fuck, which (at least my) draft team was anything but.

Offline Horse

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 14, 2022, 01:22:30 am »
I feel that both MM and League Two helped people develop. I see MM as a way to improve mechanics, play against more experienced players in a more casual environment on more even grounds, and the league 2 matches/scrims as a way to try to implement some stuff they learned playing against those players on MM while learning how to play as a team and work together at a higher level.

I understand that the League Two matches may lack the weight of a league 1 match and that some people may feel they mean nothing but its a match to play in rather then sitting in spec and playing in a scrim maybe once or twice a week when a starter does not show up.

I thought it was interesting to see who would carry in those circumstances in L2 as well as giving them different roles on a team rather then oh just s-key, block and don't die role many would fill if they subbed in.

In my opinion I feel that many of those League Two players have improved a lot and every Draft league should have something like this.

On another note, We had in my opinion a super competitive  League 1 player wise, which I really enjoyed.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 01:38:25 am by Horsey »
😂😂😂 LeHorsey getting his mickey mouse MVP just to get dog walked in the finals 😂😂😂