Author Topic: [RGL9] General Discussions  (Read 51352 times)

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL8] General Discussions
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2021, 01:38:24 pm »
Guys why don't we make everyone play all of their RGL matches within one week. It's easy, everyone can just take a week off work or skip classes for a week and then RGL will be done before Christmas!!!!1!1!1!11!1!!1
Bad idea, why not make rgl a one day knockout tournament (played on a sat because people have to go to bed early on Sunday)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2021, 01:45:28 pm »
Guys why don't we make everyone play all of their RGL matches within one week. It's easy, everyone can just take a week off work or skip classes for a week and then RGL will be done before Christmas!!!!1!1!1!11!1!!1
Bad idea, why not make rgl a one day knockout tournament (played on a sat because people have to go to bed early on Sunday)
+1
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2021, 01:53:21 pm »
Guys me and my genuis brain have had a pephiphany!

Why don't we just make it so RGL matches are automatically on a Sunday at 7BST unless BOTH regiments agree otherwise.

Then when people can't decide it's just go Sunday or suck it up and take the L...

Thoughts?
I think pretty much no one in their right minds would agree on this. Anyone with a bit of competence would say that you have to at least offer 2 days you can play on apart from under special circumstances.
Trying to organise matches is a massive ballache for the regiments, leaders and hosts of the tourny... Without a valid reason to not do Sunday (which is the go to RGL day/best day for attendance for 90% of regiments) it should just default to Sunday as this is best for most people... If the regiment has a proper excuse not just oh we have our 2 star fraggers missing, then fair enough...
2 'star fraggers' being missing is not the reason 13e cannot do this Sunday which is what has lead you to be on this thread crying for a quite frankly stupid rule to be added. That might be what Maskman told you but seeing what he told Chriseh vs what was actually discussed with Nock that's no real surprise that you think that lmao.
Yes the match with 13e is the latest reason im suggesting smth... But as someone who lead a regiment I'm RGL I know how annoying it is to organise a match sometimes...

I'm just thinking there must be a better way to do it as every year there's an issue... As someone who has hosted and been involved in so much Heri do u not think there's gotta be a better system out there?

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2021, 01:57:05 pm »
I remember I made 15th schedule last seasons final on Thursday 8 gmt. The system is perfect ngl.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2021, 01:58:16 pm »
Guys me and my genuis brain have had a pephiphany!

Why don't we just make it so RGL matches are automatically on a Sunday at 7BST unless BOTH regiments agree otherwise.

Then when people can't decide it's just go Sunday or suck it up and take the L...

Thoughts?
I think pretty much no one in their right minds would agree on this. Anyone with a bit of competence would say that you have to at least offer 2 days you can play on apart from under special circumstances.
Trying to organise matches is a massive ballache for the regiments, leaders and hosts of the tourny... Without a valid reason to not do Sunday (which is the go to RGL day/best day for attendance for 90% of regiments) it should just default to Sunday as this is best for most people... If the regiment has a proper excuse not just oh we have our 2 star fraggers missing, then fair enough...
2 'star fraggers' being missing is not the reason 13e cannot do this Sunday which is what has lead you to be on this thread crying for a quite frankly stupid rule to be added. That might be what Maskman told you but seeing what he told Chriseh vs what was actually discussed with Nock that's no real surprise that you think that lmao.
Yes the match with 13e is the latest reason im suggesting smth... But as someone who lead a regiment I'm RGL I know how annoying it is to organise a match sometimes...

I'm just thinking there must be a better way to do it as every year there's an issue... As someone who has hosted and been involved in so much Heri do u not think there's gotta be a better system out there?
If there was a better system it'd have already been thought of by one of the many who have hosted/helped/participated over the years. Forcing regiments to play on one day certainly isn't it as each regiment/community is different and as is each week in some cases like the French bank holiday this coming Monday for example.

In reality it's down to the organisers to work out a date for the two regiments having an issue organising a match if one or both leaders are being to stubborn to work it out between them.  There's no real automatic solution for stubbornness or lack of flexibility whichever end it is on which is why the organisers have to come into play and just hope it doesn't happen too much in a season.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Online tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2021, 02:01:04 pm »
rgt but 15v15 let's go

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2021, 02:01:53 pm »
rgt but 15v15 let's go
I've always said it'd be quite cool to do a larger scale RGT and see if it changes the results at all. In theory it should favour the regiments you'd expect it to due to having more depth but I'm not sure that would actually be the case for most of them anymore.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2021, 02:04:12 pm »
I remember I made 15th schedule last seasons final on Thursday 8 gmt. The system is perfect ngl.

Pretty sure it was a Wednesday at 8pm  :P
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2021, 02:10:53 pm »

Same shit

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2021, 02:48:49 pm »

It was Thursday 8th July. A memorable date.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2021, 02:54:24 pm »

It was Thursday 8th July. A memorable date.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=44326.0

I think I would remember as I did cast it  8)
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2021, 03:48:38 pm »
Also if so many regiments are Gunna be only able to field 15 or drop to 15, can we have 2 maps to be played on... The normal RGL map and an optional slightly smaller one which is a bit better for 15/16 people... I'd make one myself but I'm terrible at all that's stuff and don't have the time to learn...

@python xx

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2021, 03:50:46 pm »
That is a good idea though tbh as it makes a big difference once you get to say 25v25 vs 15v15 on the RGL map. Maybe not mid season though, I think one for next time.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2021, 03:51:44 pm »
Dw Ryan i'll drop to 16 for you!

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2021, 04:34:37 pm »
Also if so many regiments are Gunna be only able to field 15 or drop to 15, can we have 2 maps to be played on... The normal RGL map and an optional slightly smaller one which is a bit better for 15/16 people... I'd make one myself but I'm terrible at all that's stuff and don't have the time to learn...

That is a good idea though tbh as it makes a big difference once you get to say 25v25 vs 15v15 on the RGL map. Maybe not mid season though, I think one for next time.

I haven't had a look at the RGL maps yet - is there a different map for the lower 2 leagues where the min is 12v12? If the maps are a bit big for 15v15 they'd dwarf a 12v12!