Author Topic: [RGL9] General Discussions  (Read 52265 times)

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL8] General Discussions
« Reply #525 on: December 07, 2021, 01:19:16 pm »
Eddard did things in that match I don’t think anyone thought possible, the play where he ran into the wall guys for no reason, killed 2 and then got out again was insane
You also played great buddy

Yeah you played really well in the final too vegi
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #526 on: December 07, 2021, 01:20:48 pm »
Eddard did things in that match I don’t think anyone thought possible, the play where he ran into the wall guys for no reason, killed 2 and then got out again was insane

Ty bro, appreciate it
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #527 on: December 07, 2021, 01:32:09 pm »

Ty bro, appreciate it
Please don't shit talk alf if you have less palmares then him

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #528 on: December 07, 2021, 01:34:57 pm »
I wish I had some bench palmares to put on my steam profile ://

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #529 on: December 07, 2021, 01:39:37 pm »
We take what we can get these days, we thirsty.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 07, 2021, 01:51:14 pm »

Ty bro, appreciate it
Please don't shit talk alf if you have less palmares then him
My palmare is 10 meter long like my dick

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #531 on: December 07, 2021, 01:56:14 pm »
smh as a community our shitposting prime truly is behind us

'WHAT, WHY WOULD HE DO THAT'
^what everyone says everytime eddard does anything
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 09, 2021, 06:55:50 pm »
Definitely did not forget to post something!

Would like to say a big thanks to all regiment leaders who took part in RGL Season 8. As you all know it wasn't originally supposed to be mine and Kore's tournament to host but we both felt as if RGL was what the regiments wanted, it would be a big let down for it not to happen. Despite us taking over quite late, right before ideally it should have started, it went extremely smoothly with me only really needing to step in for issues at the beginning. Such as the mass exodus of L1 players trying to join L2 regiments. Still baffles me those individuals didn't see a problem with it  ;D

For me the best part of RGL S8 was definitely the conclusion to L2. The top 3 positions were decided by no more than 3 rounds having to go to double tie breaks on the brackets. If it hadn't been a 3 way tie there was the possibility of a decider match being discussed but with the 33rd's win against 45e being a 15-14 instead of a 15-12, it literally cost them the entire tournament. Crazy scenes!

Thank you to Unicorn for the servers and granting access to people when needed. Huge thank you to Kubus for his reffing in RGL, he definitely picked up the most matches and generally did a pretty good job.

It is a shame that we didn't get to do the Previews etc. which I know people love in EGS and the previous season. The issue we had is obviously time taking over and the ginger baldy known as Voluble who volunteered to help do them decided he didn't like NW anymore about 3 days prior to the start!

If there is to be a Season 9 then IMO the roster rules need a large overhaul. Personally I do not see the point in having a match ban rule when there is no RGL transfers (something that confused me a couple of times, sorry 16th). I think the google doc and review system we use for EIC works really well and would streamline this whole thing.

Once again thanks to all who took part. I believe the next tournament on the agenda is NWBC followed by potentially another EIC? We will see what the climate is at the time.

Another tournament in the bag. Damn I am good at rigging hosting!

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 09, 2021, 07:23:03 pm »
Dont talk shit about Voluble dogretard

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #534 on: December 09, 2021, 07:41:32 pm »
If there is to be a Season 9 then IMO the roster rules need a large overhaul. Personally I do not see the point in having a match ban rule when there is no RGL transfers (something that confused me a couple of times, sorry 16th). I think the google doc and review system we use for EIC works really well and would streamline this whole thing.

Just don't allow any new transfers after the start of the season. We have this rule since a couple of seasons in the German Groupfighting League and it definitely works. New members that left their former reg out of coincidence during the DGL are allowed to play? Nah

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #535 on: December 09, 2021, 08:09:57 pm »
Thank you for taking over and making another season of the RGL happen lads.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 09, 2021, 08:27:16 pm »

Just don't allow any new transfers after the start of the season. We have this rule since a couple of seasons in the German Groupfighting League and it definitely works. New members that left their former reg out of coincidence during the DGL are allowed to play? Nah
That I don't really agree with. I don't have a problem with having no transfers but making no editions at all is a bit pointless.

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #537 on: December 09, 2021, 08:39:21 pm »

That I don't really agree with. I don't have a problem with having no transfers but making no editions at all is a bit pointless.

so you're basically ok with that people literally only join the regs for RGL

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 09, 2021, 09:11:19 pm »

How does stopping all roster changes, stop people from joining only for RGL?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:14:07 pm by John Price »

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
« Reply #539 on: December 10, 2021, 03:47:25 am »

How does stopping all roster changes, stop people from joining only for RGL?
Why would you even stop people that join only for RGL? Its the biggest regimental prestige you can get and its a legit reason for joining a regiment in my opinion. Noone joins top 3 grens for playing Linebattles and its okay