Author Topic: [RGL9] General Discussions  (Read 52398 times)

Wursti

Re: [RGL8] General Discussions
« Reply #225 on: November 01, 2021, 10:52:18 am »
Not rescheduling when asked and then dropping to 15 thats the sportsmanship I expect and wanna see from Vegi

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #226 on: November 01, 2021, 11:41:01 am »
Not rescheduling when asked and then dropping to 15 thats the sportsmanship I expect and wanna see from Vegi
. POG

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2021, 11:53:34 am »
I didn't reschedule the match since DarkTemplar messaged me about the issue 71st was having but ignored me for the next coming days. Blackham messaged me Friday, but in my opinion that was already way too late, since the effort to reschedule wasn't really showed IMO. Also, both sides had a lot of their key players missing, and next week I'm pretty busy so having 2 RGL matches in 1 week wasn't the solution for me.

And the dropping to 15 maybe a bit silly, but it's a fucking tournament. I'll always try to find a solution to win our matches and if dropping to 15/16 is that solution I'll do it again and again.

Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2021, 12:08:39 pm »
I didn't reschedule the match since DarkTemplar messaged me about the issue 71st was having but ignored me for the next coming days. Blackham messaged me Friday, but in my opinion that was already way too late, since the effort to reschedule wasn't really showed IMO. Also, both sides had a lot of their key players missing, and next week I'm pretty busy so having 2 RGL matches in 1 week wasn't the solution for me.

And the dropping to 15 maybe a bit silly, but it's a fucking tournament. I'll always try to find a solution to win our matches and if dropping to 15/16 is that solution I'll do it again and again.
u suck!

Nock

« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2021, 12:32:56 pm »

I have to say, people have been dropping to 15 / the minimum required amount of players for ages

I honestly don't understand why people have been whining about it for years, it's a tournament after all.
And it might have to include dropping to 15 if one side thinks it helps them win.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2021, 01:26:45 pm »

I have to say, people have been dropping to 15 / the minimum required amount of players for ages

I honestly don't understand why people have been whining about it for years, it's a tournament after all.
And it might have to include dropping to 15 if one side thinks it helps them win.

This, 15v15 is the standard think of more as a bonus not 15 as the minimum
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #231 on: November 01, 2021, 01:29:26 pm »

It's a regimental tournament, there shouldn't be any 'standard', you should be playing as many as you can muster to show true regimental strength and depth; this obviously isn't the case but 15 is a minimum. 15 is used as a 'minimum' to actually classify if your regiment is a regiment and not a GF team.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 01, 2021, 01:34:14 pm »
Different regiments are strong at different numbers, for example I’d argue 15v15 it’s 15thYR and 13e that are the best, but if we were all playing 30v30 it’s probably the 45thN, tournaments don’t show “true regimental strength” at all because it’s literally just a big groupfight, RGT is your best 10 and this is your best 15 with some extras if you want to, all the top regs are gonna want to play 15 against each other anyway
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #233 on: November 01, 2021, 01:34:57 pm »

It's a regimental tournament, there shouldn't be any 'standard', you should be playing as many as you can muster to show true regimental strength and depth; this obviously isn't the case but 15 is a minimum. 15 is used as a 'minimum' to actually classify if your regiment is a regiment and not a GF team.
The quantification and classification of a regiment is the ability of the regiment to bring 15 players, but I don’t think any regiment is required to bring more than that or even field more than that.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 01, 2021, 01:36:08 pm »
Different regiments are strong at different numbers

Well yeah, but the depth of a regiment also is a leading factor for regimental strength, it's why if you have the players, don't just make them chill in spectator, if they're in the grens, they're good enough to play.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 01, 2021, 01:38:45 pm »
Different regiments are strong at different numbers

Well yeah, but the depth of a regiment also is a leading factor for regimental strength, it's why if you have the players, don't just make them chill in spectator, if they're in the grens, they're good enough to play.

13e don’t have “grens” as a separate thing, nor do we, or the 71st, I’d argue as well if we were playing 15v15 with you guys and then python shows up late, you wouldn’t go to 16 if the guy you’re putting in is your worst gren and we’re getting the best player in the game, you play your best lineup as does everyone else

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #236 on: November 01, 2021, 01:41:07 pm »
Playing with higher numbers benefits some regiments just as playing with lower numbers benefits others. Can't really force or complain about either side tbh.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 01, 2021, 01:41:16 pm »
I'd always consider 15 as a 'last resort' if you don't have enough to field more, rather than the 'standard' to use; it's obviously been adopted as a 'standard' but I wouldn't think that it was the original intention, I guess that just comes with competition.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 01:45:46 pm by Fietta »

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #238 on: November 01, 2021, 02:03:03 pm »
Playing with higher numbers benefits some regiments just as playing with lower numbers benefits others. Can't really force or complain about either side tbh.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #239 on: November 01, 2021, 02:51:41 pm »