Author Topic: EGS | Season 3 League 1 Tournament #3 | 7v7 | 05.12  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: EGS | Season 3 League 1 Tournament #3 | 7v7 | 05.12
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2021, 01:31:19 am »
Gg to 10c and Envy for a predictable final. Also gg to Enigma and DAB For a close match.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2021, 01:54:41 am »
Gg to 10c and Envy for a predictable final. Also gg to Enigma and DAB For a close match.
^^

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2021, 01:56:11 am »

I dont know whether to laugh or cry

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2021, 03:43:12 am »

Neither, playing against you and your lil s key down drags.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2021, 08:56:19 am »

Ironic

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2021, 09:37:35 am »

An absolute slayer move though

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2021, 10:03:12 am »

An absolute slayer move though
Can’t lie, no matter how annoying it was. It worked.

Offline Muhataa

• First Lieutenant
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ex.Moderator TKC
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2021, 11:51:34 am »

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2021, 05:38:25 pm »
I had forgotten how bad this game is.
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2021, 11:11:00 pm »
Review

Spoiler

Finally the moment many of us had been waiting for arrived. This Sunday we saw the two titans of EGS, Envy and 10c face off in a final for the first time with both teams having their expanded rosters.

First lets start off with 10c, the victors of the tournament. Having a rough first match vs animals they managed to pull through and come out on top with a final score of 7-6, and then went on to dominate Hydra with a 7-0 victory. Fighting CCCP in the quarterfinals only to beat them 7-0 as well. Semi's posed no threat to them as they smashed through Invictus with a resounding 7-1 victory.
The finals was a much different story however as 10c lost round after round to Envy at the start giving envy a comfortable 5-1 lead to them here we saw the likes of Python, Domi and Elsse who managed to bring the score back to 6-3 only to then win round after round bringing it to a tie of 6-6. Here we saw many great plays from both 10c and Envy as both teams traded rounds ending in a 9-7 lead to 10c. Envy proceeded to win the next two rounds bringing it to a nail-biting 9-9 final, Here we saw the play of the match with Elsse picking Marquez in rotation proceeded by golden making a pick on Chuckster resulting in envy being cornered and killed giving 10c the win they deserve.

Envy had a largely successful run up to the final beating both Invictus 7-4 and NPP 7-0 in the group stages and then went on to beat both snappers 7-4 and in the semi final, beat DAB with a 7-3 victory. In the finals we saw Envy take off with many first picks and allowed them to get much headway in the match with the Achilles and Chuckster flank making many of the plays, but as it continued it was clear that many Envy players started to choke and allowed 10c to gain headway and ultimately win the match. Players like Chuckster, Jakob and ExtaZz94 did what they could to bring back rounds but ultimately it wasn't enough to bring home the gold medal.

Next we have Invictus, perhaps one of the most interesting teams to watch with two 7-6's vs both Enigma and DAB meaning this team played the most rounds of any team in the tournament. Invictus went through the group stages as expected winning against NPP with a 7-4 victory and losing to Envy with a 7-4 loss. They then moved on to face Hydra in the knockouts easily beating them 7-1 and then they faced their most important match to get them into the semi-finals. Here was saw Enigma and Invictus trade rounds with both teams losing their advantage during the rounds. at 6-5 Invictus had a nasty teamkill followed by a quick death allowing enigma to finish the round and bring it to a 6-6 tie, Invictus then managed to pull through and beat enigma in a resounding 7-6 victory bringing them to the semi-finals against 10c who they lost against. In the bronze match we saw Invictus face off against DAB, a team who has shown before they have what it takes to beat even the best of teams. Both teams traded picks with DAB gaining the advantage in mid with players such as Fietta, Lonedoge and Ryan against Invictus's mid which contained Zeronight, Clash and Hertz. bringing it to a 6-4 in DAB's favour. here we saw DAB lose round after round after being up by many players, losing a 6v3 advantage and then turning it into a 2v2 against Snikkle and Blitzkrieg. They then proceeded to lose their advantage again and again until 6-6 where in rotation DAB managed to pull it to 5-3, losing once again giving Invictus the 7-6 win and the bronze medal.

[close]
Most Surprising Player Performances

Spoiler
Lets start off with Envy, Chuckster and Achillies had some amazing teamwork throughout the tournament putting their flank as the one to beat against 10c. Both had the highest damage and kills on their team.

Next we have Elsse and python, who also both had amazing KD's and damage, Both Elsse and Python were able to bring back many rounds vs envy.

Next we have Ilypa who gained many kills in the group stages, fietta who did amazing all tourney and caused much trouble with his downstabs and Herishey in Invictus who had the least deaths out of the team whilst having the highest KD
[close]

Interviews

Spoiler
Blitzkrieg: How do you feel about 10c’s performance this Sunday? 

Golden:The only thing I can say is we all performed very well overall, our nerves were a little shaken in the final at 1-5 down, but we really did not want to lose, I remember saying come on guys lets at least just make it interesting and slowly but surely we began to claw rounds back. Feels good to win but GG to Envy they were really tough, had to only block for most of the match which was not my style but glad it worked out.

Blitzkrieg: How did you feel about 10c’s performance this Sunday? 

Elsse: I think it was our best tournament overall, we litteraly all the time played as a team with very few mistakes. We had slow entries against Animals and Envy that, the more the time was passing, the more we were improving.
Regarding the comeback, I guess we had to warm up during the early rounds of the final, it was the first time we were facing Envy in competitive so we just had to experiment and to find soluces. We might have suffered a bit too much at the beginning, as it was 1-5 I think, but Envy is a strong opponent and this EGS's 7v7 tournament could easily have seen them crowned. As the comeback was on its way, I really felt the confidence from us, nobody gave up even if it was 1-5 (I think I didn't even realized the score at that point).
Despite that, and even if our comeback that resulted in a 9-4 second half looked good, we still have to work on certain things, we shouldn't have lost some of those rounds that easily. I'm looking forward to face Envy next year as they are some true competition and all-round tough opponents.

[close]

WRITTEN BY Blitzkrieg

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 01:26:32 pm by Blitzkrieg. »

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2021, 09:16:59 am »
Added a new ‘interview’ section for post tournament interviews from the top teams. More to follow soon. Just need people to get back to me
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:32:18 am by Blitzkrieg. »

Offline ZeroNight

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2021, 09:24:56 am »
Fietta just to good for me
Leo1032: Immer diese Menschen
Habe ich eigentlich schon mal erwähnt das es nichts gibt was retardeter ist als deutsche Regimenter in diesem Spiel - Link2luke 2k16
I'm 6'4 and play Tennis 4 times a week. Also have been doing a lot of MMA (about 5 times a week) and a bit of kickboxing for years. From time to time (twice a week) I go to the gym, more often during vacation. So add me or get kicked, u weak bastard.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2021, 10:48:20 am »

I'm only 'top 50' so it was all luck and no skill

Offline ZeroNight

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2021, 11:57:06 am »

I'm only 'top 50' so it was all luck and no skill

i'm top 100 so ofc you beat me
Leo1032: Immer diese Menschen
Habe ich eigentlich schon mal erwähnt das es nichts gibt was retardeter ist als deutsche Regimenter in diesem Spiel - Link2luke 2k16
I'm 6'4 and play Tennis 4 times a week. Also have been doing a lot of MMA (about 5 times a week) and a bit of kickboxing for years. From time to time (twice a week) I go to the gym, more often during vacation. So add me or get kicked, u weak bastard.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2021, 01:26:46 pm »
Post tournament interview with elsse added
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 01:30:20 pm by Blitzkrieg. »