Author Topic: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications  (Read 40512 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL8] Introduction & Applications
« Reply #675 on: October 12, 2021, 04:34:50 pm »
I remember when 15th YR were supportive; times change once they've dropped off the top and the team they once supported now is competition. You could argue about our roster size all you want, but that isn't warranted considering that 'point' isn't actually a point, especially when it came to talking about how only 'X' members turn up and that it's a "fib", that almost certainly is a personal issue rather than one that proves any form of point.

The question remains if having a 'big' roster is harmful for the community, and that can be answered pretty clearly... no, there's plenty of recruits to go around if smaller regiments want to do that, there's no 'leeching' involved, especially if we're still able to get recruits weekly, most of which start playing casually, just because we have numbers, doesn't mean we've got the entire NW community in our regiment, that's just silly. Having a big regiment isn't detrimental to the community as these players are getting training and could easily go to another regiment if they wish, they're getting trained up and if they want to leave, they can. Want to know why 45thN is big and stays big? Because people want to be here, if regiments are unable to retain the recruits they get, then that's their own fault for not providing what they want, people we train up stay, but also many leave, so it's not in any case a big deal, if anything it brings more players to the smaller communities who are too lazy to do it themselves, any regiment can get big.

In regards to allowing centre teams into an RGL; that should be a non-ism, having more people play in a tournament is completely respectable and should be encourage, especially given that separate companies have their own leadership, training routine and players, essentially making them a completely separate community, it's just a community that shares the same name as 45thN, there would be absolutely no difference between the centre company being its own regiment and the centre company being in another regiment. It's very obvious people are more 'fed-up' and jealous of these larger regiments due to the potential of not allowing other regiments to win, but that shouldn't be an issue as these are the same teams that are formed and trained up as any other regiment; if other regiments are unable to compete, then that's their problem for potentially the lack of leader, effort or anything in-between.

It's plainly obvious that jealousy is almost certainly a key factor, especially thinking that potentially 92nd/45thN could not only have the potential to win League 1, but also League 2 with their centre companies, but unfortunately this is how competition works. Sure you could say it's a 'regimental' group fighting league, but the centre company is still part of a regiment and is still regimental, since when by definition does 'regimental' have any number plastered to it. Centre companies in general shouldn't have 'priority' over other smaller regiments, but shouldn't also be cast out if another regiment signs up over it, should be based on time signed up.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #676 on: October 12, 2021, 04:36:20 pm »
92nd Centre would be a backup if I choke RGL again, but sadly this is not the case anymore...
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #677 on: October 12, 2021, 04:40:24 pm »
I remember when 15th YR were supportive; times change once they've dropped off the top and the team they once supported now is competition. You could argue about our roster size all you want, but that isn't warranted considering that 'point' isn't actually a point, especially when it came to talking about how only 'X' members turn up and that it's a "fib", that almost certainly is a personal issue rather than one that proves any form of point.

The question remains if having a 'big' roster is harmful for the community, and that can be answered pretty clearly... no, there's plenty of recruits to go around if smaller regiments want to do that, there's no 'leeching' involved, especially if we're still able to get recruits weekly, most of which start playing casually, just because we have numbers, doesn't mean we've got the entire NW community in our regiment, that's just silly. Having a big regiment isn't detrimental to the community as these players are getting training and could easily go to another regiment if they wish, they're getting trained up and if they want to leave, they can. Want to know why 45thN is big and stays big? Because people want to be here, if regiments are unable to retain the recruits they get, then that's their own fault for not providing what they want, people we train up stay, but also many leave, so it's not in any case a big deal, if anything it brings more players to the smaller communities who are too lazy to do it themselves, any regiment can get big.

In regards to allowing centre teams into an RGL; that should be a non-ism, having more people play in a tournament is completely respectable and should be encourage, especially given that separate companies have their own leadership, training routine and players, essentially making them a completely separate community, it's just a community that shares the same name as 45thN, there would be absolutely no difference between the centre company being its own regiment and the centre company being in another regiment. It's very obvious people are more 'fed-up' and jealous of these larger regiments due to the potential of not allowing other regiments to win, but that shouldn't be an issue as these are the same teams that are formed and trained up as any other regiment; if other regiments are unable to compete, then that's their problem for potentially the lack of leader, effort or anything in-between.

It's plainly obvious that jealousy is almost certainly a key factor, especially thinking that potentially 92nd/45thN could not only have the potential to win League 1, but also League 2 with their centre companies, but unfortunately this is how competition works. Sure you could say it's a 'regimental' group fighting league, but the centre company is still part of a regiment and is still regimental, since when by definition does 'regimental' have any number plastered to it. Centre companies in general shouldn't have 'priority' over other smaller regiments, but shouldn't also be cast out if another regiment signs up over it, should be based on time signed up.
I can almost guarantee that the NW community is not jealous of the one chromosome shared between 45thN. Why should another regiment be denied entry to RGL, and have another regiment compete with a centre and a gren company?

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 12, 2021, 04:41:01 pm »
Vegi you have a receiving hairline, your opinion is always wrong. Plus ur gay!

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #679 on: October 12, 2021, 04:41:07 pm »
Now you've got the tinfoil hat on Fietta.

NW IS OUT TO GET THE 45THN ::)

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #680 on: October 12, 2021, 04:43:08 pm »
Vegi you have a receiving hairline, your opinion is always wrong. Plus ur gay!
I have pubes and you don't so stfu 12 y/o kid
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 12, 2021, 04:43:10 pm »

I can almost guarantee that the NW community is not jealous of the one chromosome shared between 45thN. Why should another regiment be denied entry to RGL, and have another regiment compete with a centre and a gren company?

Jealousy of skill and potential is different from jealousy of personality; skill-wise, we're always going back to the same 'why would we decline other regiments' which is why and many others have pointed out, that a centre company is essentially a separate regiment that would quite easily bring competition to a second league, just as much as any other team that signs up for RGL. Differentiating a centre company from a regiment is silly, because they're essentially the same thing, just with the same regiments name as another company.

Now you've got the tinfoil hat on Fietta.

NW IS OUT TO GET THE 45THN ::)

I'm a slag for the chat
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 04:45:12 pm by Fietta »

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
« Reply #682 on: October 12, 2021, 04:43:29 pm »

Offline Trexons

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Gren_Trexons

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #684 on: October 12, 2021, 04:47:17 pm »
@Steinmann I was at IKEA yesterday
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #685 on: October 12, 2021, 04:48:08 pm »
Nobody asked for my opinion but I still present it to you :D

I have somewhat of a different take than the "45thN people" but I agree with the result.

In the 92nd I have the feeling that companies are part of a huge community, but are pretty separate when it comes to Ingame stuff. Ofc we play games outside of NW together, talk to each other etc. But apart from own hosted linebattles and rare events such as the 2v2 we don't really play that much NW together, neither do we have the same goals in NW.

So ye, ofc we had people from other companies playing in the Grens, such as Dekkers, Dan or Pizza and Bluemoon (who both switched to Grens by now) But that's not really the goal. Its a nice effect to grow the community or help if you below 15 on days. Nothing more really.

So where is the difference between the kk or the IVe. They also play together a lot outside of NW, but are in separate channels on ts in NW events, often play different ones. After the logic of some of you the IVe 45e and IVe 2e Grens cannot both play. And you cant seriously mean that.

So in the end I don't even understand why center companies have lesser rights to play than regiments such as the 16th etc. They are different parts, with a fully independent roster, fully independent leadership, and their own goals.

But continue on using the "it has always been that way" argument.

Last thing in reply to Gi: I understand your point about the community as a whole. But it's a harsh point to say they need to leave then. Regiments such as the 45thN and the 92nd do not exist like they are cause they do bad work. And it's incredibly dumb to say "you need to lose man so smaller regs stay alive" cause ca competition comes up and you did too good work.

I also don't see why your are all so limited with the regiments able to play. If you have so high demand allow 8 per division or even do 4 divisions. I am sure you will find guys to help, I am happy to cover the more occurring work for allowing more regs.

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #686 on: October 12, 2021, 04:48:45 pm »
Nr13 would like to sign up their lights and cav together as a unit or company. Would that work?

just a genuine question: Does anyone whos not 92nd/45thN complains why those regs cant bring their 20 companies? Or is it just them? (No hate btw)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 04:51:24 pm by Chainsor »

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 12, 2021, 04:49:03 pm »

Jealousy of skill and potential is different from jealousy of personality; skill-wise, we're always going back to the same 'why would we decline other regiments' which is why and many others have pointed out, that a centre company is essentially a separate regiment that would quite easily bring competition to a second league, just as much as any other team that signs up for RGL. Differentiating a centre company from a regiment is silly, because they're essentially the same thing, just with the same regiments name as another company.
It is under the 45thN name. They could all be signed up with the Gren company. But the other regiment wouldn't be allowed to play at all. That is the issue I have with it. It is not 'a separate regiment'. It is a company within a regiment already signed up to RGL. Don't try and bullshit it Fietta. You don't see 16th sign up with their greek company and their guard company? And it's also regiments like 16th that you are possibly stopping playing in RGL, because 45thN wants to compete in both leagues

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 12, 2021, 04:50:10 pm »

It is under the 45thN name. They could all be signed up with the Gren company. But the other regiment wouldn't be allowed to play at all. That is the issue I have with it. It is not 'a separate regiment'. It is a company within a regiment already signed up to RGL. Don't try and bullshit it Fietta. You don't see 16th sign up with their greek company and their guard company? And it's also regiments like 16th that you are possibly stopping playing in RGL, because 45thN wants to compete in both leagues

All regiments should be allowed to sign up as many companies as they like, but it wouldn't happen anyways as you'd only sign up the competitive ones as they're the ones that would actually do something, shouldn't be an issue with that, for the same reason we won't sign up our lights company, because they're not competitive.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 12, 2021, 04:51:01 pm »
Spoiler

All regiments should be allowed to sign up as many companies as they like, but it wouldn't happen anyways as you'd only sign up the competitive ones as they're the ones that would actually do something, shouldn't be an issue with that.
[close]

This hasn't been the case the last 7 RGLs. Don't see why the 45thN crying should change that?

Spoiler
Nobody asked for my opinion but I still present it to you :D

I have somewhat of a different take than the "45thN people" but I agree with the result.

In the 92nd I have the feeling that companies are part of a huge community, but are pretty separate when it comes to Ingame stuff. Ofc we play games outside of NW together, talk to each other etc. But apart from own hosted linebattles and rare events such as the 2v2 we don't really play that much NW together, neither do we have the same goals in NW.

So ye, ofc we had people from other companies playing in the Grens, such as Dekkers, Dan or Pizza and Bluemoon (who both switched to Grens by now) But that's not really the goal. Its a nice effect to grow the community or help if you below 15 on days. Nothing more really.

So where is the difference between the kk or the IVe. They also play together a lot outside of NW, but are in separate channels on ts in NW events, often play different ones. After the logic of some of you the IVe 45e and IVe 2e Grens cannot both play. And you cant seriously mean that.

So in the end I don't even understand why center companies have lesser rights to play than regiments such as the 16th etc. They are different parts, with a fully independent roster, fully independent leadership, and their own goals.

But continue on using the "it has always been that way" argument.

Last thing in reply to Gi: I understand your point about the community as a whole. But it's a harsh point to say they need to leave then. Regiments such as the 45thN and the 92nd do not exist like they are cause they do bad work. And it's incredibly dumb to say "you need to lose man so smaller regs stay alive" cause ca competition comes up and you did too good work.

I also don't see why your are all so limited with the regiments able to play. If you have so high demand allow 8 per division or even do 4 divisions. I am sure you will find guys to help, I am happy to cover the more occurring work for allowing more regs.
[close]

Unicorn they are actually separate regiments in a battalion I believe. Which is not the same with 45thN and 92nd. They ARE part of the same regiment