Author Topic: Your opinion on LGBT  (Read 14912 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Your opinion on LGBT
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2021, 10:33:47 am »
Don't worry, both of you will remain virgins regardless  :'(

I am not single pringle noob

In our modern secularised society marriage is nothing but the institutionalised (love-)bound between two citizens before the law, that comes with it’s special rights and legal obligations. At it‘s core it is not solely a religious thing and people should stop gatekeeping it as such - especially those who apparently still have the sexual morality of the medieval ages.

Marriage is about God's bond between two people; just because it's institutionalised, doesn't degrade what the whole point of marriage is, you're still going to church and you're still performing god's vows.
What about the legal binding of that?

Civil partnerships is the marriage equivalent but without the religion pretty much.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2021, 10:34:49 am »

In our modern secularised society marriage is nothing but the institutionalised (love-)bound between two citizens before the law, that comes with it’s special rights and legal obligations. At it‘s core it is not solely a religious thing and people should stop gatekeeping it as such - especially those who apparently still have the sexual morality of the medieval ages.

Marriage is about God's bond between two people; just because it's institutionalised, doesn't degrade what the whole point of marriage is, you're still going to church and you're still performing god's vows.

Civil partnerships is the marriage equivalent but without the religion pretty much.
So civil partnerships are ok but marriage in a church is not?

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2021, 10:37:45 am »

For same-sex partners, in my personal opinion, yes. Marriage is sacred, civil partnerships are a legal binding

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2021, 10:41:35 am »
Spoiler

For same-sex partners, in my personal opinion, yes. Marriage is sacred, civil partnerships are a legal binding
[close]
I can respect that opinion.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 12:49:27 pm by Blitzkrieg. »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2021, 10:58:18 am »
click here to join the 84th

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2021, 12:14:51 pm »
That‘s what I‘ve tried to bring across: in the bond between two humans god is only secondary; it ain‘t "gods" bond but the business between the two involved.

If you are religious that‘s where you‘d obviously disagree since everything is sort of god‘s work in your eyes, but imo you simply cannot force that belief on other people, especially when it comes to literally excluding so many from the institution of marriage (which is what I meant with 'gatekeeping'). Also, at least in Germany my experience is, that more and more simply go to the register office to get married and have a big celebration afterwards.

I get your point though, but I still think that even when it comes to the church refusing to marry gay couples is very primitive and this intolerance is one big reason why more and more are currently leaving the church.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 12:17:41 pm by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2021, 12:26:36 pm »

The concept of marriage predates Christianity, so your argument about the “point of marriage” is completely flawed. Your description applies only to certain sects of Christianity.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2021, 01:11:27 pm »
Marriage isn't about god at all in the current day and age, it has completely lost that connotation. You can get married without going to a church (at least in the Netherlands).

More and more kids are growing up non-religious here. About 60% of young adults are non-religious in the Netherlands and even those that are religious rarely visit their church. But these people are still getting married just the same.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2021, 01:21:57 pm »
gay is ok

abortion is ok

vaccination is ok

playing boring on nw is not ok

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2021, 01:39:14 pm »
no one argued about my opinion on trans, u all agree nice

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2021, 01:40:02 pm »
More like no one is stupid enough to fall for ur bait

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2021, 01:41:08 pm »
This thread is truly cursed because I find myself agreeing with ONeil on something.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2021, 01:44:06 pm »
ye I guess same-sex civil marriages is fine

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2021, 02:17:07 pm »
Spoiler
LGBT people don't harm anyone. Just let people live their life and love who they want.
no wonder these people get away with all that shit if the average voter has such a simplistic view of the issue
Wdym chief? Does the thought of 2 men/women kissing or getting married make you piss and shit yourself? Foaming at the mouth because someone who was born a girl wishes to be a boy?

Btw there is no "issue". People marrying who they're attracted to isn't an issue. It's human rights.

Being gay or trans an issue? Nope, gay marriage? Yup.

Marriage is sacred, its purpose is to bond a man and woman together in faith. If homosexuality (or atleast acting on homosexual desires) is sin, why on earth would you allow marriage for it. An alternative for marriage for homosexual couples would be a 'Civil Partnership'; when registered you get the same benefits/rights as a standard married couple but without divinity.

It's why you hear "Holy matrimony" thrown around a lot when performing vows (in atleast Catholicism) because it means:

"covenant by which a man and woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life and which is ordered by its nature to the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring"

All of which simply doesn't apply to homosexual couples. The reason being homosexual or transgender is fine, is because there's nowhere in the bible that states being homosexual is sin; it mentions numerous times that acting on your homosexual desires is sin, but being homosexual isn't.

On another note, performing homosexuality acts is sin, which you can repent, everyone sins, but allowing marriage of sin is (in the case of religion) stepping the line; something which is only done for political value (mainly leftism). I think if people were more educated on the bible, gay marriage wouldn't be that controversial because understanding the whole reason it exists is enough for it to not be reasonable for homosexuality. Civil partnerships exist to respect religion, you don't need marriage to make a bond between humans.
Marriage is about love. Its about 2 people who love each other and wish to express that bond officially. A man and Woman are no more in love than 2 men or 2 women. Civil Partnerships are available for those couples (Straight Or Not) who don't believe in the word "marriage". But yes, same-sex couples should be allowed to get married if they wish.
[close]

Marriage is a sacrament and is sacred in many religions and should be respected. All religions define marriage as the celebration of unity between a man and a woman through God's imparting divine grace.  Marriage is and always will be a celebration of God,  whether it be your marriage taking place in a church or overseen by a priest - ultimately in Christian Marriage (im sure in other religions too) God will always be present through these things. The only time you can argue God not being present is within Civil Partnership as it is not a sacrament @rikkert.

The problem many religious people see with homosexual marriage is that it fundamentally alters this definition and as soon as you start altering the meaning of marriage (one of the most sacred traditional institution in the world) where does it end? Can we start having three or even four way marriages? It is just the principle of inherently changing the definition of Marriage which opens up the possibility of further alterations  and changes to be made to a sacred sacrament, which is why many religious people are not comfortable with is.

This is where Fietta is unfortuneately right about the differences between Civil Partnerships and Marriage
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 02:20:57 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline FENTON

• First Lieutenant
  • Professional Palmares Hunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Last pick
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2021, 02:33:24 pm »
Spoiler
LGBT people don't harm anyone. Just let people live their life and love who they want.
no wonder these people get away with all that shit if the average voter has such a simplistic view of the issue
Wdym chief? Does the thought of 2 men/women kissing or getting married make you piss and shit yourself? Foaming at the mouth because someone who was born a girl wishes to be a boy?

Btw there is no "issue". People marrying who they're attracted to isn't an issue. It's human rights.

Being gay or trans an issue? Nope, gay marriage? Yup.

Marriage is sacred, its purpose is to bond a man and woman together in faith. If homosexuality (or atleast acting on homosexual desires) is sin, why on earth would you allow marriage for it. An alternative for marriage for homosexual couples would be a 'Civil Partnership'; when registered you get the same benefits/rights as a standard married couple but without divinity.

It's why you hear "Holy matrimony" thrown around a lot when performing vows (in atleast Catholicism) because it means:

"covenant by which a man and woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life and which is ordered by its nature to the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring"

All of which simply doesn't apply to homosexual couples. The reason being homosexual or transgender is fine, is because there's nowhere in the bible that states being homosexual is sin; it mentions numerous times that acting on your homosexual desires is sin, but being homosexual isn't.

On another note, performing homosexuality acts is sin, which you can repent, everyone sins, but allowing marriage of sin is (in the case of religion) stepping the line; something which is only done for political value (mainly leftism). I think if people were more educated on the bible, gay marriage wouldn't be that controversial because understanding the whole reason it exists is enough for it to not be reasonable for homosexuality. Civil partnerships exist to respect religion, you don't need marriage to make a bond between humans.
Marriage is about love. Its about 2 people who love each other and wish to express that bond officially. A man and Woman are no more in love than 2 men or 2 women. Civil Partnerships are available for those couples (Straight Or Not) who don't believe in the word "marriage". But yes, same-sex couples should be allowed to get married if they wish.
[close]

Marriage is a sacrament and is sacred in many religions and should be respected. All religions define marriage as the celebration of unity between a man and a woman through God's imparting divine grace.  Marriage is and always will be a celebration of God,  whether it be your marriage taking place in a church or overseen by a priest - ultimately in Christian Marriage (im sure in other religions too) God will always be present through these things. The only time you can argue God not being present is within Civil Partnership as it is not a sacrament @rikkert.

The problem many religious people see with homosexual marriage is that it fundamentally alters this definition and as soon as you start altering the meaning of marriage (one of the most sacred traditional institution in the world) where does it end? Can we start having three or even four way marriages? It is just the principle of inherently changing the definition of Marriage which opens up the possibility of further alterations  and changes to be made to a sacred sacrament, which is why many religious people are not comfortable with is.

This is where Fietta is unfortuneately right about the differences between Civil Partnerships and Marriage

Don’t care plus aired, Jesus is a virgin and so are u