Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - May - July Term  (Read 4111 times)

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
NA Community Rep Post - May - July Term
« on: May 01, 2021, 06:58:15 pm »
NA Community Representative Term: May - July

Head of the Table
[close]

Week One: The Beginning

Hello everyone, it's ya boy russianfury and welcome to the Community Representative thread for the next few months. From what I have seen from most previous CRs before me, most lacked to cater to both sides of the community, competitive and pubs, and primarily focused on one or the other. I plan on implementing events for both sides and continuing in supporting current event hosters by any means required from me. These events will not be scheduled at the same time of current events, rather, I will try to fit them where it is optimal where there is no event taken place on that date and or time.

This thread will be attempted to be updated every two weeks with updates from the community and how events are going from my perspective. I will also give news on new plans I will have for current events or new event ideas. Furthermore, I would like to create some kind of central area (such as steam gc or discord) to where I can talk to most, if not all, regimental leaders event hosters so issues or drama or even recommendations of events could be centralized. If these methods are being abused just to smack talk each other, I will remove those who instigated and continued the petty drama and they will not be welcomed back.

As CR does come with being a miniature moderator, I will attempt to "clean" up some of the things being said on the forums. That being said, I will probably not be perfect in dealing with specific posts across the NA threads or other sections of the forums, but I will do my up most best.

The next few areas will contain my plans on how I will take this approach with full detail and if anybody feels as though the idea could be improved on, either PM me or of course use the thread to give your thoughts.

Modded Events
  • This event, as the name says, will be a weekly mod rotation of multiplayer modifications across Warband. This was done previously in the past, but unfortunately, the event ended due to lack of interest and questionable hosters.
  • Planned Mod Rotation
    • Native
    • Iron Europe
    • Rome at War
    • The Deluge
    • March of Rome
    • Blood and Iron
    • Fall or Mordor
    • Bear Force
    • Maybe more to be added if anyone else has ideas.
    [close]
  • This is the mod rotation that can change if problems arise from certain servers or issues with the modification. After Bear Force event happens, the next week will be Native again.
  • The rules of the event will vary from across mods, with specialties being determined for each mod. For example, there is only cav for native, or artillery for Iron Europe.
  • The planned date for the Modded Event will be every Thursday 8pm Eastern Standard Time.

Return of Melee Only Conquest | CTF
  • I previously hosted this event before. I believe many enjoyed it (especially competitive players) and some would like this event to make a return.
  • If anybody has experience with map creation, please do contact me and I want this time around for there to be custom maps that will fit the theme of the event.
  • As the event is called, the two game modes will we use is Conquest and CTF, with conquest taking most of the event time and CTF as the last round.
  • It's melee only, each side needs to move out in groups of 5 or more.
  • This event will take place every Monday 8pm Eastern Standard Time.

Bi-Weekly Tournaments | Bi-Weekly PUGS
  • Every two weeks, a tournament will be hosted, in between those weeks, a pick up game will be hosted.
  • The PUGS are to relax time in between tournaments and prepare teams. Additionally, they are to introduce newer players in more of a relaxed environment compared to something like Match making.
  • The tournaments will vary from normal 5v5, 6v6, 2v2, etc, to introducing interesting formats such as 5 bayonets 1 sword, or pike only, or 3 inf (melee only) 1 rifle, and 2 cav. (There are plenty more but it'll be a surprise :^))
  • The PUGs will be only on Saturdays at 9pm EST, while the tournaments can be on two days (two different tournaments) on Saturday and Sunday at 9pm EST.
  • Possible return of Dan the Chef's CTF league? I'm not sure but it would be welcomed.

New leagues
  • Here will list some of the leagues I would think people will be interested in doing.
  • Return of NANWL, however, this is very unlikely will most regiments not enjoying the 1v1 format and the recent increase of 1v1 leagues (3 leagues in the past 4 months).
  • Return of 2v2 summer league. I have been told a lot of regiments would be interested in doing this as it is not as micro intensive as 1v1s and enjoyable. The previous league has problems with administration and rule discrepancy, which I will make sure will not happen again.
  • As this is a personal favorite of mine, I would like to attempt to bring the Frisbee World Cup (FWC) to life. It may sound as a troll idea but I believe many will enjoy it, especially the difference of gameplay as anybody could get into it and be fairly good.
  • There will possibly be another Draft league coming soon after the end of Risk's NWCL. I will support who ever decides to make one and will bring back the popular Fantasy Draft League and encourage more active participation across competitive and pub players.

Campaign Linebattles | Other event format
  • The idea of Campaign linebattles was brought to me and would be a fun idea to try to do. It will be focused around Historical battles or an active campaign where in game performance will matter in the grand scheme of the event. I am just not sure how it will fit into the weekly schedule besides putting it on Tuesday. Tuesday, however, is a NaS event many regiments go to so I don't want to make a time conflict with that event.
  • Some other event ideas I will like to implement will be something such as Murderball (an EU event IK I'm taking your ideas) or other EU events that have creative thoughts that I think should be implemented as a once every two or three weeks.
  • Video of Murderball
    [close]
  • Pretty much different formats that are fun (maybe cav race or a very large shark and minos)
  • If anyone has any other formats that want to try to introduce, please do contact me.

That is all I have right now, thank you for reading this and hopefully this will be a very enjoyable summer for NA regiments. (Note: bottom line is used for future updates):
Steam Friend Code
code:
[close]

« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 06:06:02 pm by RussianFury »

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
Re: NA Community Rep Post - May- July Term
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 07:00:46 pm »
r

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 07:00:54 pm »
uwu

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 07:00:58 pm »
Looking forward to seeing these plans come to fruition! Good luck!

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 07:02:26 pm »
Your so out of touch in the community that NA has already had 3 full campaign events in the last two years. Jk good luck on getting pub shit running again its a pain in the ass to organize sometimes

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 07:03:00 pm »
Idea for another Mod: North and South?

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 07:03:53 pm »
Looking forward to seeing these plans come to fruition! Good luck!

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 07:04:44 pm »
Your so out of touch in the community that NA has already had 3 full campaign events in the last two years. Jk good luck on getting pub shit running again its a pain in the ass to organize sometimes
I mean it's not happening now and judging the past threads I would probably try something different.

North and South has their own event hosting community, so I don't want to budge my way into that. Plus secretly I hate that mod. If people want it I'll do it.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 07:07:01 pm »

NaS gets hosted every Tuesday
click here to join the 84th

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 07:10:12 pm »
I will get the threads on the NA event board made on Tuesday. I'm currently in the midst of finals.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 07:12:53 pm »
Anglo Zulu????
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 07:13:36 pm »
I mean it's not happening now and judging the past threads I would probably try something different.

It was organized totally on discord so the threads were pretty dead

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 07:38:06 pm »

It was organized totally on discord so the threads were pretty dead
Yeah I knew they were a thing so the way I said it in the main post made it seems like it's a new idea. And yeah discord event.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
Re: NA Community Rep Post - May - July Term
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 08:26:11 pm »
step one - reform LG

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
Re: NA Community Rep Post - May - July Term
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 08:35:45 pm »
Another idea/tourney u could do was that 1 life capture the flag tournament Dan hosted that was fun was a mix of lg, and other reg teams
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know