Author Topic: M. Tournaments | TRT - 5v5 | January 2021  (Read 17876 times)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
  • Side: Neutral
Re: M. Tournaments | TRT - 5v5 | January 2021
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2021, 03:40:57 pm »
Spoiler
Thanks to Marxeil for stepping up for bein captain
This! If you don’t have enough captains you can’t just force people like Rikkert to do it. But ofc as the tourney host you are on a different team with no problems. Any fair tourney host would have stepped in as captain. Also the seeding on how you make the teams really should get live-streamed.
the admin horses were fun tho 8)
Well realistically if there aren't enough cpt sign ups someone has to do it so either someone from the team does it or the team simply plays without a cpt in which case someone will most likely act as one anyway.
nah they should have just made the tournament a bigger format so that they required less cpts. A 7v7 with one sub and less teams would've been very possible with the amount of signups he got. Instead he went to a team full of players that quite honestly forgot they signed up for this shit and then tried to guilt trip one of us into captaining and admining.
[close]
I mean you can't really blame MarxeiL for people forgetting they signed up can you, if you sign up for something it's their own responsibility to both show up and stay updated on that. Also I believe the tournament was announced as a 5v5 for some time so again realistically that was what was signed up to so you can expect there would be quite a few teams and that the format wouldn't be 7v7. Just sayin'.  ::)
No it's not about whether we forgot we signed up or not.We all showed up, played all of our matches in time and didn't make a big deal of it on fse. Its just now that you've brought it up that I explain, that in my opinion, marxeil should have done it differently. Also the fact that the tournament is called '5v5' doesn't prevent it from changing formats. Its not uncommon for these tournaments with individual sign-ups to adapt the format to the amount of sign-ups. A bigger format would've solved a lot of problems: Everyone would have a captain, there would be less subs resulting in less people sitting spec. And it could guarantee that every team has at least 2 top players so that the teams are slightly less imbalanced. (Teams not as reliant on one person)

In the end I also partially didn't wanna captain out of sheer principle. Marxeil didn't have his shit together and tried go strong-arm one of us into fixing his mess for him.

Get a job

how are you still alive?
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2021, 03:53:58 pm »
We needed a return of Her1st[eR].
;D

Nock

« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2021, 04:31:23 pm »
Spoiler
This! If you don’t have enough captains you can’t just force people like Rikkert to do it. But ofc as the tourney host you are on a different team with no problems. Any fair tourney host would have stepped in as captain. Also the seeding on how you make the teams really should get live-streamed.
Well realistically if there aren't enough cpt sign ups someone has to do it so either someone from the team does it or the team simply plays without a cpt in which case someone will most likely act as one anyway.
nah they should have just made the tournament a bigger format so that they required less cpts. A 7v7 with one sub and less teams would've been very possible with the amount of signups he got. Instead he went to a team full of players that quite honestly forgot they signed up for this shit and then tried to guilt trip one of us into captaining and admining.
[close]
I mean you can't really blame MarxeiL for people forgetting they signed up can you, if you sign up for something it's their own responsibility to both show up and stay updated on that. Also I believe the tournament was announced as a 5v5 for some time so again realistically that was what was signed up to so you can expect there would be quite a few teams and that the format wouldn't be 7v7. Just sayin'.  ::)
No it's not about whether we forgot we signed up or not.We all showed up, played all of our matches in time and didn't make a big deal of it on fse. Its just now that you've brought it up that I explain, that in my opinion, marxeil should have done it differently. Also the fact that the tournament is called '5v5' doesn't prevent it from changing formats. Its not uncommon for these tournaments with individual sign-ups to adapt the format to the amount of sign-ups. A bigger format would've solved a lot of problems: Everyone would have a captain, there would be less subs resulting in less people sitting spec. And it could guarantee that every team has at least 2 top players so that the teams are slightly less imbalanced. (Teams not as reliant on one person)

In the end I also partially didn't wanna captain out of sheer principle. Marxeil didn't have his shit together and tried go strong-arm one of us into fixing his mess for him.

Get a job

how are you still alive?

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2021, 04:40:57 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Get a job
Bidbig I miss u mi AMORE, I can't find my handy :(

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2021, 06:21:36 pm »
hope this will return as 6v6 or 7v7. since its a one day tournament, most people who signed up will appear. rikkert is right in this point

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2021, 07:26:10 pm »
I`m a bit late but yeah, no matter the results I enjoyed playing with new ppl. Especially with lone, melsyo, blitz. They are cutie :D
<3

Friendship > Palmares.

So is palmares

Spoiler
but not for me... :'(
[close]
maybe the real palmares are all the friends you made along the way

My padawan is learning quickly!
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2021, 02:19:47 pm »
I`m a bit late but yeah, no matter the results I enjoyed playing with new ppl. Especially with lone, melsyo, blitz. They are cutie :D
<3

Friendship > Palmares.

So is palmares

Spoiler
but not for me... :'(
[close]
maybe the real palmares are all the friends you made along the way

My padawan is learning quickly!

Not even if combined all the memes golden made about me will ever be worth the same as my newly acquired friendship with dunkingkong
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?