Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - Oct - Dec Term  (Read 21796 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Community Rep Post - July-Sept Term
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2019, 07:14:36 pm »
Remember to anticipate people getting mad about their teams and quitting half way through. Happens every time so we’ll need extra players not drafted originally.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2019, 07:15:11 pm »
It's logical to deny EUs considering how small the NA is as a community and these events are a rare occurrence for NAs. To give the slot to a EU player (who even might be more skilled) and has already been playing the game for 5 years is wrong because now the NA players that are just getting into comp don't get picked because possibly the EU players are better than the lower skill levels of the league, so they get shoved to the free agent pool or whatever and don't get to play and thus will not be as involved in the competitive community. The goal is to get as many NAs as we can involved in the competitive community so we're able to last as long as possible and filling those voids with experienced EU players on the verge of retirement is a bit of an iffy move, that's all.

It's logical to give priority to NA players, it's not to deny EU ones. Sure, I completely agree with you that it would be a shame to have some less known NA players not being picked-up because some captains are choosing their EU friends over them. That's pretty much the reason why I stated from the beginning that I shouldn't be considered as a regular player but simply as a back-up. If I don't get to play, that means that every player from every team was somewhat active, making the league quite successful so that's completely fine by me.

Also, don't get where you are coming from with your last sentence. So far, only Artista and I have signed-up for the 5v5 Draft League from EU and I believe I was also the only EU signing-up for the Tiered Duel Tournament (purposely leaving NANWL aside here as it's not relevant). Can't really call us 'on the verge of retirement'?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 07:17:32 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2019, 07:16:53 pm »
I volunteer thanks

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2019, 07:17:33 pm »
I don’t think an extra team or two is ideal for draft leagues. The free agency pool was good for 4v4. The problem of possibly adding extra teams is ensuring every match would be as even as possible, numbers wise. In the first season, there were matches that were 3v4. If a captain saw one of their players were constantly inactive, they would be dropped. And now, since it’s a 5v5 League there may be more instances where teams will probably play a man down. It’s more difficult to schedule these matches because it requires 5 members of their team to be on, compared to regiments where they can just send an announcement and people that want to play in the event just show up, or occasionally bring some mercs. And one regiment would have to balance. Having a good sized free agent pool would be ideal mostly for this league expanding to 8 players a team.
click here to join the 84th

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2019, 07:43:56 pm »
A lot of EU's were seemingly against Team Canada's participation in NWWC last time if I remember right, but then you have people like Herishey, Tardet, the Turks and Kore/Fwuffy who have encouraged and participated in cross-pollination. So it's a mixed bag.

But I wouldn't start imposing tariffs on EU's now just because they've done the same previously. NA has always been receptive to South America so we may as well be to EU.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2019, 10:17:04 pm »
A lot of EU's were seemingly against Team Canada's participation in NWWC last time if I remember right, but then you have people like Herishey, Tardet, the Turks and Kore/Fwuffy who have encouraged and participated in cross-pollination. So it's a mixed bag.

But I wouldn't start imposing tariffs on EU's now just because they've done the same previously. NA has always been receptive to South America so we may as well be to EU.

The South Americans illegally enter our regiments and events. Much harder for the Europeans to do so.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2019, 02:58:42 am »
It's logical to deny EUs considering how small the NA is as a community and these events are a rare occurrence for NAs. To give the slot to a EU player (who even might be more skilled) and has already been playing the game for 5 years is wrong because now the NA players that are just getting into comp don't get picked because possibly the EU players are better than the lower skill levels of the league, so they get shoved to the free agent pool or whatever and don't get to play and thus will not be as involved in the competitive community. The goal is to get as many NAs as we can involved in the competitive community so we're able to last as long as possible and filling those voids with experienced EU players on the verge of retirement is a bit of an iffy move, that's all.

It's logical to give priority to NA players, it's not to deny EU ones. Sure, I completely agree with you that it would be a shame to have some less known NA players not being picked-up because some captains are choosing their EU friends over them. That's pretty much the reason why I stated from the beginning that I shouldn't be considered as a regular player but simply as a back-up. If I don't get to play, that means that every player from every team was somewhat active, making the league quite successful so that's completely fine by me.

Also, don't get where you are coming from with your last sentence. So far, only Artista and I have signed-up for the 5v5 Draft League from EU and I believe I was also the only EU signing-up for the Tiered Duel Tournament (purposely leaving NANWL aside here as it's not relevant). Can't really call us 'on the verge of retirement'?
What I meant by that is that you've both had long "careers" in NW and basically have accomplished a sufficient amount in the game to cement yourself in the community, kind of like TNWL it's to have newer players become recognized I guess, so far you and Artista have only signed up but we also had different EUs last season and I'm kind of expecting a couple more to sign up tbh

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2019, 04:24:41 am »
As someone who has talked and played with NWWC organizers and numerous EU regiments / events, the general notion is as follows:

NA is just extra trouble for EU events, and can be allowed to play but not made exception for.

As for what happened last NWWC, I have no say and was not a part of that in any way, but when I ran Team USA for NWWC we played normally and the other EU teams played us at the best time we could negotiate with them. Many competitive EU players see NA as a waste of time to try and incorporate because it often brings a baggage-load of issues, like timezones, ping, attitude to name a few.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
NA Community Rep Post Update Template
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2019, 07:43:08 am »
Week 7: The Dawn of lists are upon us

Hiya folks,
      I apologies for my hiatus, was trying to sell my laptop and two people flaked on me. Anyways Here a little update.

In the NA community:
Our Na tier lists are ever growing and it's great to see people give their opinons and discuss where everyone else of note places in the world of melee and leadership. Here's a list of list.

NA's tier'd list list
Hope you enjoyed my list of lists, hope someone else makes one too.

Current Tournaments

- Summer's End Jousting Tourney | powered by Gatorade Was a hit! I heard great things about the event and how it ran. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to attend but Congratz to person of the LIR for winning the tourny!

- North American Regimental Groupfighting League 2019 Currently is on hold for a few months due to the lack of sign-ups. Hopefully we see a few more regiments formed and ready for melee!

- North American Draft League Season 2 Sign-ups are closed and The draft will hopefully be on the 12th. Drafts are fun..right?

- Chantakey has hosted a 2v2 With the 5th, IB, LG, and HRE. He will be hosting another one next week. Contact him if you'd like to join Chantakey's Steam

- A Hunger games will be hosted within the next few weeks. The date has yet to be settled upon. Contact me on Steam If you have any questions.

I'll be posting more in the upcoming week. Thanks for the patients everyone!

5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2019, 12:33:51 pm »
Jolly needs more patients

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2019, 03:27:01 pm »
I gotta stop writing these at 2am.

How's the life away from the game now that you're free
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2019, 07:15:42 pm »

Well i am still playing EU but with life right now it is quite chilled and i have a sleeping schedule again

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2019, 07:23:25 pm »

Well i am still playing EU but with life right now it is quite chilled and i have a sleeping schedule again
I'm glad you're sleeping once more

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #178 on: August 15, 2019, 04:32:14 am »
You said you would mention my fantasy football league you hoe
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #179 on: August 15, 2019, 04:51:48 am »
You said you would mention my fantasy football league you hoe
It's going to be straight up disrespectful to everyone as an American when I win the league with my superior Canadian intellect

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳