Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - Oct - Dec Term  (Read 21898 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA Community Rep Post - July-Sept Term
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2019, 12:41:39 pm »
There should be more regiments that are EU and NA. 63e was awesome cause that shit was global. NAs would go to EU events and EUs to NA events. Was fun and got to interact with a lot of new people and a whole other side of the game.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2019, 12:58:05 pm »
I believe this is mostly due to the current state of the community. I remember when I was in the 92nd and we had the NA Company lead by Littlefield, it was always really enjoyable to go to events with them whenever we had the chance.

But at the moment, keeping a regiment active is already not that easy and takes most of your attention as a leader. Having a EU/NA detachment sure sounds like some really good fun, but realistically speaking it's just something hard to maintain.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2019, 01:16:21 pm »
I believe this is mostly due to the current state of the community. I remember when I was in the 92nd and we had the NA Company lead by Littlefield, it was always really enjoyable to go to events with them whenever we had the chance.

But at the moment, keeping a regiment active is already not that easy and takes most of your attention as a leader. Having a EU/NA detachment sure sounds like some really good fun, but realistically speaking it's just something hard to maintain.

Yeah the game is pretty dead now. Would still be cool if small NA regiments could merge with bigger EU sides and have their numbers bolstered during events by having some EUs join in.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2019, 03:30:46 pm »
Spoiler
I think since we allow EUs to play in NANWL, we should allow them to play in other NA leagues. They allow us to play in their leagues, why shouldn't we allow them to play in ours? We shouldn't shun the EUs out of NA events. In the end the FSE community is a whole community. Just because the EUs have events 6~ hours before we do, doesn't mean we should segregate the two communities lol they play this game too like we do.

I vote that we let Tardet in as a draft eligible player.
[close]

I'm going to touch more on this on this thread, as I feel like this is where it would belong, rather than the NADL thread.

I feel that FSE has always been split between two "communities". Those being, of course, North American and European. That was perfectly fine when the game was much larger and had an actual player base; however, I feel like now is the time to "combine" the two communities. The game is much smaller than it used to be, at least the North American side, and I feel it would benefit the community as whole if the two sides did more events together. The trouble with doing combined events is the ping difference. I don't think there are any New York or east coast server locations to at least attempt to even out the ping. So maybe I'm just bringing up a dead point as there is possibly no way to get the two communities to interact more in-game.

This was just my opinion but feel free to discuss or whatever.
Doing events together is going to be pretty rare just because of the time difference. It's always been rare for NAs to go to EU events at 2 PM or earlier in the day (I did and couldn't find even 10 other people that did), and it will be rare for EUs to stay up past 1 AM to play in NA events. Combine that with the ping, you might be able to get one single event where everyone plays together, but even the EUs vs NAs 1v1s fell through several years ago when they were last tried. Aside from taking down any artificial barriers that were put up (which would have been stupid to put up in the first place), the regiments will always be in separate communities.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2019, 04:38:21 pm »
Groups of NAs used to go to eu regments. 5-10 people, I know nick would encourage that. We did it in the USMC as well.

Maybe because as the organized communities got smaller(regiments) we got more defensive?
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2019, 05:06:28 pm »
I used to quite a bit back in the day, like others mentioned though it always felt like the EUs didnt like us as much, always a problem to get them to do 5 rounds on NA servers for many years in the different world cup/tourney things, and even in the NAvsEU linebattles/GFs it was hard to schedule for them to come to the NA side because they would always bitch about the server/time.
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2019, 05:35:44 pm »
I use to attend a lot of 4e Hussar events before my work got really busy. They aways welcomed me in and allowed me to play even in competitive matches.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2019, 05:49:32 pm »
From the responses we're getting it seems like it different from community to community, some are happy and welcoming others not so much. That's understandable and expected since not everyone is the same and shares the same ideals.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2019, 05:52:32 pm »
From the responses we're getting it seems like it different from community to community, some are happy and welcoming others not so much. That's understandable and expected since not everyone is the same and shares the same ideals.

Most EU regiments, per my experience and other people’s experience based off their word, has always been welcoming of NAs. That usually changes when it turns from EU vs NA competitions or some country vs NA like the NWWC.
click here to join the 84th

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2019, 06:05:37 pm »
People like irish lead whole regiments from EU  :-X

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2019, 06:06:42 pm »

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2019, 06:09:46 pm »
This is a fact. I'll be honest I don't really know why this all started. Tardet is allowed to play and is reffing in the draft league. There are a bunch of eus who play with the 6te.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2019, 06:44:54 pm »
This is a fact. I'll be honest I don't really know why this all started. Tardet is allowed to play and is reffing in the draft league. There are a bunch of eus who play with the 6te.

Who hath summoned me

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2019, 06:45:43 pm »
It's logical to deny EUs considering how small the NA is as a community and these events are a rare occurrence for NAs. To give the slot to a EU player (who even might be more skilled) and has already been playing the game for 5 years is wrong because now the NA players that are just getting into comp don't get picked because possibly the EU players are better than the lower skill levels of the league, so they get shoved to the free agent pool or whatever and don't get to play and thus will not be as involved in the competitive community. The goal is to get as many NAs as we can involved in the competitive community so we're able to last as long as possible and filling those voids with experienced EU players on the verge of retirement is a bit of an iffy move, that's all.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 06:48:15 pm by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2019, 07:05:20 pm »
Yeh like Glenn said most EU regiments like NAs as long as you don’t act like an idiot. I been playing on EU for a long time and people are always chill with me and whoever I’m with we meme a lot. I even play in a couple of EU tournaments from time to time and Ref a lot of them when I can without any problems or complaints. I agree with Flower that I would wait to see how many NAs sign up before letting some EUs play. Maybe even add an extra team or 2 if there are a lot more sign ups.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 07:07:01 pm by -Nick »