Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - Oct - Dec Term  (Read 21994 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: NA Community Rep Post - July-Sept Term
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2019, 05:26:19 am »
Spoiler
I think since we allow EUs to play in NANWL, we should allow them to play in other NA leagues. They allow us to play in their leagues, why shouldn't we allow them to play in ours? We shouldn't shun the EUs out of NA events. In the end the FSE community is a whole community. Just because the EUs have events 6~ hours before we do, doesn't mean we should segregate the two communities lol they play this game too like we do.

I vote that we let Tardet in as a draft eligible player.
[close]

I'm going to touch more on this on this thread, as I feel like this is where it would belong, rather than the NADL thread.

I feel that FSE has always been split between two "communities". Those being, of course, North American and European. That was perfectly fine when the game was much larger and had an actual player base; however, I feel like now is the time to "combine" the two communities. The game is much smaller than it used to be, at least the North American side, and I feel it would benefit the community as whole if the two sides did more events together. The trouble with doing combined events is the ping difference. I don't think there are any New York or east coast server locations to at least attempt to even out the ping. So maybe I'm just bringing up a dead point as there is possibly no way to get the two communities to interact more in-game.

This was just my opinion but feel free to discuss or whatever.

???

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2019, 05:28:08 am »
Spoiler
I think since we allow EUs to play in NANWL, we should allow them to play in other NA leagues. They allow us to play in their leagues, why shouldn't we allow them to play in ours? We shouldn't shun the EUs out of NA events. In the end the FSE community is a whole community. Just because the EUs have events 6~ hours before we do, doesn't mean we should segregate the two communities lol they play this game too like we do.

[close]

I'm going to touch more on this on this thread, as I feel like this is where it would belong, rather than the NADL thread.

I feel that FSE has always been split between two "communities". Those being, of course, North American and European. That was perfectly fine when the game was much larger and had an actual player base; however, I feel like now is the time to "combine" the two communities. The game is much smaller than it used to be, at least the North American side, and I feel it would benefit the community as whole if the two sides did more events together. The trouble with doing combined events is the ping difference. I don't think there are any New York or east coast server locations to at least attempt to even out the ping. So maybe I'm just bringing up a dead point as there is possibly no way to get the two communities to interact more in-game.

???

???

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2019, 05:28:40 am »
Spoiler

[close]

???

???

???

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2019, 05:32:04 am »
The communities are mostly different in terms of regiments now. EU I feel has a lot more serious regiments than NA does imo.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2019, 05:33:55 am »
The communities are mostly different in terms of regiments now. EU I feel has a lot more serious regiments than NA does imo.

It has always been like that tbh. NA NW has always been the more "trolly" side of the community lol

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2019, 05:39:14 am »

It has always been like that tbh. NA NW has always been the more "trolly" side of the community lol

I meant kinda more now than before. There used to be some 'serious' regiments on NA but those times have passed long ago. Literally 90% of the regiments left on NA are trolly xD.

|Viper|

« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2019, 06:29:45 am »
Midnight adding the classic “xD” so it doesn’t seem as serious.

XDDDDDDDDD

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2019, 06:30:13 am »
Midnight adding the classic “xD” so it doesn’t seem as serious

XDDDDDDDDD

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2019, 06:34:09 am »
Hello

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2019, 06:55:27 am »
Hello
hi

I understand your point super and share the sentiment. has far as I'm concerned most of the EU population doesn't want anything to do with us considering how NWWC with only one team (maybe?) actually playing on an na server. I'm obviously not sure how everyone feels but that's the sentiment I got from the situation. I also don't mean any offense to any eus please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll let eus that are interested in joining tournaments. tardet for example reff'd in my tournament and will be a ref in the draft league. 

Definitely a topic I'd like to see people seriously discuss.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 07:00:00 am by JollyCanadian »
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2019, 07:27:35 am »
I feel a lot of it is the player base. Especially with a game like NW the longer you play it the less seriously you take it. Most people who have played for years and years are tired of casual events and what not so they turn to trolling, playing competitive, or both. I can certainly say most of the LG for example still only plays this game for competitive events and tournaments such as NANWL or for me these amazing draft leagues. I’m seriously addicted to these little leagues I think.

Also with that new players that come in are often brought up in a non-serious manner. When a new player comes to this game they will likely play the game in the same manner as their first experiences in NW were. That is if they stick around.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2019, 08:52:05 am »
Hello
hi

I understand your point super and share the sentiment. has far as I'm concerned most of the EU population doesn't want anything to do with us considering how NWWC with only one team (maybe?) actually playing on an na server. I'm obviously not sure how everyone feels but that's the sentiment I got from the situation. I also don't mean any offense to any eus please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll let eus that are interested in joining tournaments. tardet for example reff'd in my tournament and will be a ref in the draft league. 

Definitely a topic I'd like to see people seriously discuss.
You're right man, EUs have always treated NAs like dirt. :'(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 09:29:46 am by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2019, 08:56:29 am »
North American Clan Wars League when

click here to join the 84th

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2019, 08:59:18 am »
North American Clan Wars League when

Spoiler

[close]
Glenn just wanted to show his clutch smh
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2019, 11:28:46 am »
There's pretty much always been crossover between NA and EU. I remember doing EU tournaments before and nobody seemed to care (except Sleek). I don't know why the barrier was suddenly necessary.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!