Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post - Oct - Dec Term  (Read 21938 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA Community Rep Post - July-Sept Term
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2019, 03:59:21 pm »
Couldn't you just do it with 4 coalitions instead of 8? One group of four, everyone play each other once for seedings -> Three weeks.

Then seed 1 plays seed 4 and seed 2 plays seed 3 in a knockout stage followed by a grand-final and a bronze match if required -> Two weeks.

I understand the struggle point would be to find enough regiments to participate but there are still events with casual regiments in NA. Interesting these regiments in a 1vs1 League can be tough but maybe there is more chance in getting them to participate in an event such as the NWBC?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 04:01:46 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2019, 04:14:19 pm »
LG and 6te vs everyone
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Shrooms

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shrooms
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2019, 04:58:54 pm »
Smaller coalitions and less of them could work

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2019, 06:24:14 pm »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2019, 07:21:59 pm »
I think there would be enough for 4 Coalitions.

HRE can probably field one nation
LIR can probably make up two different specialty units, or one line and one specialty unit. Then they can find another regiment to take the third different class.

Then there’s the two other coalitions that can be formed by the rest of the community.

This would only work if the HRE and LIR are on board with the League.

click here to join the 84th

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2019, 07:28:22 pm »
This just sounds like a regular linebattle am I missing something orrr

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2019, 07:32:22 pm »

Sounds just like one of the old Campaign events that Fibrik used to host back in the day lmao.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2019, 08:10:47 pm »

The point is to have coalitions forming on their own with regiments which/like know each other and have them compete against other coalitions of the same type. Regiments which would like to participate but don't know other structures they could partake with can sign up alone and they will be matched up with other regiments in a similar situation. Though, in the case of NA, I reckon the community is small enough so that you can organize yourselves beforehand.

It's the regular line battle format though, yeah.

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2019, 08:22:46 pm »

The point is to have coalitions forming on their own with regiments which/like know each other and have them compete against other coalitions of the same type. Regiments which would like to participate but don't know other structures they could partake with can sign up alone and they will be matched up with other regiments in a similar situation. Though, in the case of NA, I reckon the community is small enough so that you can organize yourselves beforehand.

Sounds like it won't be able to work for NA

Offline Shrooms

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shrooms
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2019, 08:23:40 pm »
Basically it actually has communication between the regiments as they agreed to work with each other and such

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2019, 08:27:51 pm »

It just sounds like you are pre-making the teams for the event, and then doing a regular linebattle.. sounds a little lame and wouldn't really work for NA especially now imo.. not to shoot down your idea there..

I think what would work more for NA would be bringing back 2v2s/3v3s between regiments (line infantry), that actually encourages teamwork and communication, and the skill/numbers balance is not hard to even out.

Basically it actually has communication between the regiments as they agreed to work with each other and such
Regiment leaders can and already do communicate between each other's regiments, what is putting them with specific regiments going to change?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

|Viper|

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2019, 08:31:37 pm »
I think Windflower has a point, but when I tried hosting my public linebattle 2v2 peoeple were too scared to sign up because I guess people worry about losing in some pub events?  ??? Not sure. 2v2's are cool though.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2019, 08:33:01 pm »
Spoiler

It just sounds like you are pre-making the teams for the event, and then doing a regular linebattle.. sounds a little lame and wouldn't really work for NA especially now imo.. not to shoot down your idea there..

I think what would work more for NA would be bringing back 2v2s/3v3s between regiments (line infantry), that actually encourages teamwork and communication, and the skill/numbers balance is not hard to even out.

Regiment leaders can and already do communicate between each other's regiments, what is putting them with specific regiments going to change?
[close]

If it’s a league format, people would possibly take it more seriously. People love the word league in this community.
click here to join the 84th

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2019, 08:41:49 pm »
I think Windflower has a point, but when I tried hosting my public linebattle 2v2 peoeple were too scared to sign up because I guess people worry about losing in some pub events?  ??? Not sure. 2v2's are cool though.
Back when people hosted regimental 2v2's and 3v3's most regiments were honestly just scared they could not bring enough people so most did not care to sign up.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2019, 08:47:22 pm »
It's not my idea, by the way, Lurvy brought it up and I simply tried to explain to you how the event works exactly. The concept is pretty fun but maybe it won't work in NA for several reasons.