Author Topic: WAR DECLARED!  (Read 6252 times)

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: WAR DECLARED!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 09:46:32 pm »
It's because 1. They don't have the capability to nuke Sk and they won't have the capability for several more decades,

No offence, but on what do you base that?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 09:52:05 pm »
It's because 1. They don't have the capability to nuke Sk and they won't have the capability for several more decades,

Various speculative news articles from trusted sites like CNN, BBC, CBS, etc.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2013, 09:54:00 pm »

Speculative?

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2013, 09:54:31 pm »
Since nobody can know if the have nuclear weapons for sure, everything is speculative :)
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 09:54:51 pm »

Speculative?

Well, are we not speculating? Nobody can actually go up to NK and look at what they're planning. Your side of the argument is just as speculative as mine.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 09:59:28 pm »
Spoiler

Speculative?

Well, are we not speculating? Nobody can actually go up to NK and look at what they're planning. Your side of the argument is just as speculative as mine.
[close]

Well, the only thing which I am not finding specualtive, is that the UN kept on 'threatening' NK for doing nuclear tests.

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/3012762/noord-korea-dreigt-met-oorlog.html

I know it is dutch, though it mentions their tests

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 10:00:55 pm »

Speculative?

For all we know they could have enough nuclear material to create a nuke a lot more damaging than those that hit hiroshima and nagasaki, although I don't believe they do we have to assume they have something incredibly damaging when planning war operations because we don't actually know what they have.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 10:01:24 pm »
Spoiler

Speculative?

[close]

Well, the only thing which I am not finding specualtive, is that the UN kept on 'threatening' NK for doing nuclear tests.

Well of course we don't want them doing tests! That makes them one step closer to obtaining nuclear weaponry. That doesn't mean they're close to nuclear weapons. The UN wants to nip it in the bud early on instead of having to deal with a significantly greater threat several years down the line.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 10:04:09 pm »
Spoiler

Speculative?

[close]

Well of course we don't want them doing tests! That makes them one step closer to obtaining nuclear weaponry. That doesn't mean they're close to nuclear weapons. The UN wants to nip it in the bud early on instead of having to deal with a significantly greater threat several years down the line.

Granted, though, why would they 'go to war' with the US if they haven't got anything strong to oppose them, exept for some under equipped and badly trained army? Do they actually think faith in their leader can win a war? Surely they can't be that stupid.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013, 10:07:27 pm »
Spoiler

Speculative?

[close]

Granted, though, why would they 'go to war' with the US if they haven't got anything strong to oppose them, exept for some under equipped and badly trained army? Do they actually think faith in their leader can win a war? Surely they can't be that stupid.

Like I said before, while Un may be stupid and immature, many of his advisers are not, and would probably try to postpone any form of war as long as possible. They need to repair relations with China and try to get some more funding. Right now the government is almost broke because China is taking away a lot of food, supplies, and munitions aid. The people of NK are brainwashed enough so that they'll follow their leader into war, but I bet that once any heavy fighting breaks out they'll mutiny and perhaps stage a coup (Which could very well happen)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 10:08:55 pm »
A coup by high officials might be possible, but not a mutiny or revolution. They are too brain-washed for that.

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 10:09:35 pm »
To Jocam:  I thought that was what this whole thread pretty much was about? To show how pointless a war would be and that NK is doing nothing else than threatening the reast of the world?
Only a fool would think that they would actually dare to go to war...
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2013, 10:14:21 pm »
A coup by high officials might be possible, but not a mutiny or revolution. They are too brain-washed for that.

No they're not. They may think that their great leader is their god, but you know what they do know? They're starving. They have some of the worst lives in the world. And I know they're brainwashed to believe that the NK government is doing the best job ever and it's the dirty imperialist westerners who bring them all their woes, but that propaganda will flow right off of them like water as soon as they're forced to march to war and die. Maybe the hardcore elite soldiers handpicked by Un will fight to the last, but the average farmer drafted into the military will not be so keen on dying for something like that.

Also, the NK people are not as brainwashed as you'd think. They're scared. Really scared. One reason why Japanese citizens were able to be brainwashed so easily during ww2 was because they actually had good lives, and the quality of living in Japan was actually pretty high at the time. How easy it was to believe that your great Emperor had provided for your every need every step along the way. In NK it's quite the opposite and the illusion wont last long after real war breaks out.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 10:15:49 pm »
I don't think you understand how nuclear warfare works. The reason that NK hasn't nuked SK already is not because they've learned to run away when they see a nuclear bomber/ missile coming ::). It's because 1. They don't have the capability to nuke Sk and they won't have the capability for several more decades, and 2. Because most of Un's advisors aren't fucking retarded and although, Un may want to, they're not going to let anything happen. Also, Un has virtually no power so all he really does it make public appearances and give the final okay (If they really wanted to they could do whatever they wanted and Un couldn't do shit about it), even as he doesn't make any decisions.

I was describing more about the nation's response to a possible incoming nuke, not the civilians' abilities to "run away." What a ridiculous thought.