Author Topic: BoP: Europe 1910  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Sarado

• Sergeant
  • Don't touch that
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
BoP: Europe 1910
« on: September 03, 2018, 05:34:45 pm »

Welcome to Balance of Power: Europe 1910

BoP: Europe 1910 is a dice-based forum game that begins in 1910 and focuses on events in Europe. Countries are player-controlled and events are shaped by the decisions and actions of the players. Players, for the most part, have total control over their nation and can shape their country to their wishes. All events prior to 1 January 1910, however, have followed their historically accurate path.

The purpose of the game is to create a narrative of how Europe could have been shaped had decisions and alliances been differently. What if the Balkan nations had lost their war against the Ottoman Empire? What if the nations of the Triple Entente could not overcome their colonial differences after all? What if Austria and Russia had managed to solve their differences? The players have at their disposal the power to reshape the historical timeline into an entirely different outcome.

Interactions between nations are driven by forum posts or talks held directly between the players. Plans & treaties are sent to the GM, who will, at the end of an in-game month, roll events and plans and then detail the results in a monthly (in-game) report.

I want to emphasise that this game is about creating a narrative, not 'winning' nor about re-creating the historical events. If you wish to follow the historical timeline, you can do so, but I strongly encourage you to deviate from the set-out path.

There are two things that I expect from players participating in this BoP. Firstly, a certain effort involved in posting. Word your posts eloquently and add as much fluff as you can think of. Make your posts interesting and exciting to read, don't just snort two sentences and call it a day. This may sound harsh, but if your English skills are not adequate enough that you can't form a comprehensive and understandable phrase, then please don't apply.

Secondly, adhere to the golden rule. This game should be enjoyable to everyone, so don't act as if this was Game of Thrones. During this time period, treaties had weight (this does not mean you cannot create cunning treaties that benefit you either way), so don't go around with a pen in your hand signing things left and right, only sign if you actually have the intention of sticking to your treaties. Do not pretend to be an ally of somebody, working with them day and night, just to backstab them at the outbreak of war and join the other side without any legitimate justification. That is not how it worked, nor will it work here either.

This forum game will be hosted on Taleworlds for ease of management, with further game rules specified on there. However, all monthly reports will be posted here, so anybody who is interested in just following and discussing the developments is welcome to do so.

Nations:

Major Powers
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (Sphinx)
French Third Republic (Stampfer)
Russian Empire (Almalexia)
German Empire (Lewk)
Austro-Hungarian Empire (Marowit)
Kingdom of Italy (Pixel)
Ottoman Empire (Draorn)

Balkan Nations
Kingdom of Romania (Fatih/Volk)
Tsardom of Bulgaria (Captured Joe)
Kingdom of Serbia (Moose)
Principality of Montenegro
Kingdom of Greece (Valdounet)

Scandinavia
Kingdom of Sweden (Crassios Curio)
Kingdom of Norway (Cowdude)
Kingdom of Denmark (TitanToe)

Benelux Countries
Kingdom of The Netherlands (BabyJesus)
Kingdom of Belgium (Arcadius)

Iberia
Kingdom of Portugal (MadHippo)
Kingdom of Spain (Jakester)

If you are interested in joining, please write a post stating your prefered nation and how much experience you have in these kinds of games. Feel free to request multiple nations so that conflicts can be resolved, if necessary. (Especially if you request a country that has already been requested by a previous poster but not yet approved)

Lastly, credits to go Fatih/Volk for providing me with some of his GM resources!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:49:59 pm by Sarado »

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
  • Side: Neutral
Re: BoP: Europe 1910
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 07:24:03 pm »
Oh boy, he's come back from the dead.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 08:22:55 pm »
I will be the Netherlands.

What forum will it actually be hosted on?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:25:16 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 09:17:40 pm »
who are you and why are u hosting a bop with random people already filled in

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Sarado

• Sergeant
  • Don't touch that
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 09:32:24 pm »
I've been part of several BoPs, including one on the War of Rights forums, from which some players are joining over. Some have also played some of the first BoPs (if not the first?) on here. This is not an FSE-exclusive BoP, though the updates will be posted here for those who are interested in it.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 10:19:04 pm »
So do I need an account on the War of Rights forums or what

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Sarado

• Sergeant
  • Don't touch that
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 10:37:18 pm »
No, it will be on a custom forum on ProBoards (so you will still need to create an account, nevertheless, if you don't have one on there already). I'll be giving the link to it to the actual players, just so I don't have to deal with random people coming in and posting stuff where they're not supposed to.

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 08:11:13 pm »
I'll take Spain.

I haven't played many forum games here on FSE but I have experience with them in the past and enjoy roleplaying games in general.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 01:49:30 pm »
it aint happening

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 05:59:30 pm »
it aint happening
you ain’t happening
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 09:40:42 pm »
not allowed to join because i said id shove rat poison up his ass like a month ago :(

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 09:59:35 pm »

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 06:53:55 pm »
not allowed to join because i said id shove rat poison up his ass like a month ago :(
Not aloud to join because I called him arrogent  :'(

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 07:48:22 pm »
or maybe it’s because you can’t fucking spell allowed

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 12:35:51 pm »
or maybe it’s because you can’t fucking spell allowed
....well fuck me for that one xD