Author Topic: Airsoft thread  (Read 5741 times)

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
  • Side: Neutral
Airsoft thread
« on: March 05, 2013, 05:00:00 pm »
A thread for discussion of Airsoft, share your new purchases, your airsoft experiences, moments of triumph or failure, any airsoft related discussion. Commence!

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Airsoft thread
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:16:12 pm »
I got an AEG FAMAS a few months ago, haven't had many chances to use it, but so far it's worked quite well. Much better than my previous spring L85A1... (Yes, I like bullpup style guns :P )

As far as experiences go... I once dodged a bb matrix style.
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 06:12:23 pm »
Illegal.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 08:37:18 pm »

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:02 pm »
I've been playing for 5 years, albeit a bit to little lately. Swedish winters don't make good environment for airsofting.

As a fun anecdote, we played in -25 two years ago. It was so cold that your nose would freeze to the iron sights. Not kidding.

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 10:14:48 pm »
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 10:28:00 pm »
I've got beer and weed to condole me.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 10:31:54 pm »
I've got beer and weed to condole me.
i got real beer and weed to condole me  ;D

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 04:04:33 am »
I suppose I shall share a story or two with you guys :P

I was playing with my friends on a field that we... borrow... and it was a really nice field, it was full of small hills, plenty of trees, brush, tall grass, little fox-hole type things, rocks. Well the last two or three players on the enemy team (they were small teams) were holding out on the largest hill which was right where the woods ended. So I decided to sneak around their left flank, advancing slowly through the tall grass with my F2000 at the ready. As I'm advancing I can see an enemy rifleman crouched up on the slope so as soon as I clear the tall grass I put him in my sights and fire two shots into his chest. I crossed the small dirt path between the tall grass and the hill I now had to ascend. Not wanting to be seen, I got on my belly and began crawling up the hill. It was slow but worth it, especially when I could hear one of my teammates very faintly behind me and off to my left "Is he retarded?" I crawled behind a tree and prepared myself. I jumped out from behind the tree and fired into the last two guys killing one but then... I ran out of ammo... like a crazy ape I jumped behind the nearest tree and retrieved my Browning Hi Power pistol and waited (he was spraying all around me) until I heard him undo one of his velcro straps which meant he was reloading so I charged out and emptied most of my 15 round magazine into the guy.

I was playing a larger game with about 50 people and an "official" field with buildings and what not. All of the fighting was centered around this "shanty town" which consisted of small shacks and wooden barricades. There was a narrow but very thick clump of trees and brush just left of the shanty town so I decided to crawl through it, braving through thorn bushes and poison ivy until I was on the other side, there was a mound of dirt which provided perfect cover and I started picking off enemy team mates then ducking behind the mound before I could be seen. And then on my right was one of the shacks. I saw a guy trying to shoot around the corner at my teammates but he was fully exposed to me so I lit him up then ducked behind the cover. He had no idea where I was so when the medic tried to get him I shot both him and the medic. And the next guy. Then finally I saw a teammate come from the trees on the other side so I moved up when I saw him and we both stormed the shack (it was a crucial position as it was the closest shack to the enemy spawn so it was a first line of defense for us if we could hold it) and he told me to hold it until he could get more people which is exactly what I did except help never came for me. I was basically stuck there fighting off the better half of the enemy team, shooting down as many as I could until they managed to surround the building and shoot through all of the windows at the same time.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 12:52:19 pm »
Nice stories :)
Does anybody know of any good musket airsoft guns?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 01:01:35 pm »
so when the medic tried to get him I shot both him and the medic.

You shot a medic? SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 03:03:55 pm »
Not as bad as when I shot a guy in the... erm... manly parts while he was reloading.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 03:37:24 pm »
Not as bad as when I shot a guy in the... erm... manly parts while he was reloading.

We all have these stories  8)

I was guarding a "prisoner" during a game ( We do role playing to a small degree), and one of my teammates called for me from roughly 200 meters away. As I faced him, I heard my "prisoner" moving, and when I turned around I saw he was trying to get a pistol he had hidden in his vest. In the heat of the moment I thought I had fire selection set to Semi, but sadly it was on fully automatic. I fired 6 shots at less then ten meters, all hitting his hand causing bruises for several days.

He never let me guard him after that.

Also, Gear-posts below.

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:47:11 pm by Tali »

Offline Scrat555

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 04:36:55 pm »
I'm thinking of getting an airsoft gun to replace an old one. The Cyma m14 socom seems like a good choice, but none of my friends has it; I don't know how good it is over the long term. I'm also thinking of getting a legit WW2 HBT coverall for camo purposes (also historical value). Does anybody here have a Cyma m14 socom? If you do, is it good? Who makes the best mags for it? Thanks in advance.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 05:11:58 pm »

We all have these stories  8)

I was guarding a "prisoner" during a game ( We do role playing to a small degree), and one of my teammates called for me from roughly 200 meters away. As I faced him, I heard my "prisoner" moving, and when I turned around I saw he was trying to get a pistol he had hidden in his vest. In the heat of the moment I thought I had fire selection set to Semi, but sadly it was on fully automatic. I fired 6 shots at less then ten meters, all hitting his hand causing bruises for several days.

He never let me guard him after that.

Also, Gear-posts below.

Spoiler

[close]

Bloody hell, they look real. It's actually impossible to get guns in the NL that look real. It's easier to get one that IS real.