Author Topic: M. Points | 23.07 | MASSIVE UPDATE  (Read 920093 times)

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
  • Side: Union
Re: M. Points | Winter Update / NA lists added
« Reply #765 on: February 25, 2018, 03:32:33 pm »
The EUs first mistake was letting us have a section the last 10+ pages have just been NA Salt with the occasional Kore, Pierce, or John Price post.
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 25, 2018, 03:35:28 pm »
I mean, Dueling is relevant but it doesn't show if you have teamwork etc. Dueling will only be relevant in 2v2's, 3v3's and maybe 5v5 tourneys.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #767 on: February 25, 2018, 03:39:43 pm »
I hope it's clear I mean duel tournaments and random FT7s, not within a small GF match context. Winning duels within a GF is the least consistent way of ensuring a win, but yes it does count for some sort of time-pressed raw skill. However within duel tournaments or whatever, it is the most one-dimensional style of a patience contest, and doesn't really indicate anything since you have no other circumstances or context to the fight.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #768 on: February 25, 2018, 04:03:33 pm »
I mean, Dueling is relevant but it doesn't show if you have teamwork etc. Dueling will only be relevant in 2v2's, 3v3's and maybe 5v5 tourneys.

Dueling gives a pretty good idea how well someone understands the mechanics of the game and how well they can apply them.

Groupfighting shows how well you can work with others and handle a variety of different circumstances (like being outnumbered).

They each have criteria that are necessary for judging a players skill, and to pretend one is more important than the other (not saying you're saying this, just in general) is ridiculous.

I hope it's clear I mean duel tournaments and random FT7s, not within a small GF match context. Winning duels within a GF is the least consistent way of ensuring a win, but yes it does count for some sort of time-pressed raw skill. However within duel tournaments or whatever, it is the most one-dimensional style of a patience contest, and doesn't really indicate anything since you have no other circumstances or context to the fight.

That entirely depends on who you fight. Yes sometimes it is just a match of patience and in that case, yes it can be disregarded as a skill indicator. But from my own dueling experience (mostly on NA, but some EU too) that's rarely the case, and it's mostly just a select few individuals who hardcore s-key and do other desperate tactics like that to drag it out and turn it into a patience match.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #769 on: February 25, 2018, 04:09:36 pm »

Dueling gives a pretty good idea how well someone understands the mechanics of the game and how well they can apply them.

Groupfighting shows how well you can work with others and handle a variety of different circumstances (like being outnumbered).

They each have criteria that are necessary for judging a players skill, and to pretend one is more important than the other (not saying you're saying this, just in general) is ridiculous.

That entirely depends on who you fight. Yes sometimes it is just a match of patience and in that case, yes it can be disregarded as a skill indicator. But from my own dueling experience (mostly on NA, but some EU too) that's rarely the case, and it's mostly just a select few individuals who hardcore s-key and do other desperate tactics like that to drag it out and turn it into a patience match.
Could be, I guess that's why our view of it is as such in EU because our highest tier duelers here are precisely doing it in a very stationary way where you will not get a chance to judge feinting skill, chambers, kicks or holds because it turns into an up down standing block competition (sometimes you don't even get the downstab aspect). I hope NA has a better and more lively scene for duels in that case - from what I hear you probably do.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 25, 2018, 04:47:25 pm »
I find the differences in the two communities an interesting case study in the differences of the EU and NA Mindset. So far I think we can clearly say that NAs tend to have inflated egos.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #771 on: February 25, 2018, 04:49:32 pm »
I find the differences in the two communities an interesting case study in the differences of the EU and NA Mindset. So far I think we can clearly say that NAs tend to have inflated egos.
Not really we just have different forms of retardation
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Lurvy

« Reply #772 on: February 25, 2018, 05:18:32 pm »
Hahaha that NA list. Good meme.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #773 on: February 25, 2018, 05:20:00 pm »
@Babyj you seem to care a lot about both lists while not having been active in ages, makes me think.
Maccle is like one week away from dropping due to inactivity.
This is why you don’t let Americans do anything.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #774 on: February 25, 2018, 05:21:54 pm »
Hahaha that NA list. Good meme.
Hey thanks for the suggestion

@Babyj you seem to care a lot about both lists while not having been active in ages, makes me think.
Ok
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #775 on: February 25, 2018, 05:54:08 pm »
Muh melee

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 25, 2018, 05:57:52 pm »
Haven't you seen Risk's kick? Probably at least 96p tbhhhh
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #777 on: February 25, 2018, 06:29:34 pm »
why should i drop? i still patrol the forums that should be enough to be a 91 rated
shouldnt hellomoto drop he hasnt launched the game for 3 years
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:33:07 pm by maccle »
huh

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 25, 2018, 06:34:24 pm »
Hellomoto is still semi-active lol

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #779 on: February 25, 2018, 07:04:49 pm »

Ye, no EU's have inflated egos, obviously.