Poll

Would you like to have a small amount of cavalry enabled on any maps that are suitable?

Yes.
10 (47.6%)
Yes but generals only.
4 (19%)
No.
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: March 13, 2013, 03:00:32 pm

Author Topic: 15th Humans vs Bots Server (UNBANS WILL NOT BE GRANTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES)  (Read 294849 times)

Offline Auran

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: 15th Humans vs Bots Server (Before you post, check Page 29)
« Reply #465 on: November 15, 2013, 06:18:23 pm »
Hello.

I am appealing for an unban.

My game name is LePetiteAuran, and steam name is gangstericky8.

I got banned some 15 minutes ago (took time to register here), when I switched from the main team to the comm team.
The last round I was in I played comm, so when a new map came it had to load for me, when I entered it the comm was probably full
but I went in it without looking. The Admin must have though I was trolling.

Thank you :)

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #466 on: November 15, 2013, 07:52:24 pm »
Hello.

I am appealing for an unban.

My game name is LePetiteAuran, and steam name is gangstericky8.

I got banned some 15 minutes ago (took time to register here), when I switched from the main team to the comm team.
The last round I was in I played comm, so when a new map came it had to load for me, when I entered it the comm was probably full
but I went in it without looking. The Admin must have though I was trolling.

Thank you :)

More than likely its just a temp-ban, you'll be able to rejoin the server within 1 hour of you being banned
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 16, 2013, 07:29:21 pm »
I see the hatred flows in this thread.. I like it.

Offline iCod

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 19, 2013, 03:48:23 am »
Hello, my NW username is iCod

Today right around 9:30 PM i was randomly perma=banned from your server that i really do love. I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just playing the game. I might have accidentally cussed once or twice, but shouldn't that only be a kick or temp ban? I remember the banner/admin's name starting with an H (Harvard or something). Please, i really want to play on you're server, despite my rather bad reputation. Get back to me as soon as you figure out a solution or compromise. Thank you.

Edit:
The Banner/Admin's name was Harvain. The map just loaded and before i even chose a nation i was instantly perma-banned, for no reason at all.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:53:42 am by iCod »

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 19, 2013, 06:42:50 pm »
Hello, my NW username is iCod

Today right around 9:30 PM i was randomly perma=banned from your server that i really do love. I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just playing the game. I might have accidentally cussed once or twice, but shouldn't that only be a kick or temp ban? I remember the banner/admin's name starting with an H (Harvard or something). Please, i really want to play on you're server, despite my rather bad reputation. Get back to me as soon as you figure out a solution or compromise. Thank you.

Edit:
The Banner/Admin's name was Harvain. The map just loaded and before i even chose a nation i was instantly perma-banned, for no reason at all.

You cant "accidentally" call every single player on the server that horrible N word. You all know the one. 10 times, 7 times in 1 sentence and 3 times in another sentence right before the map change. No un-ban, have a nice day.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:06:56 pm by SeanBeansShako »

Offline iCod

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 19, 2013, 10:17:13 pm »
Do you have any proof of this? I really haven't been on this server that much in the past year, and i'm pretty sure i've never repeatly called anyone the N word. Like i said, i have a bad rep, so maybe someone is making this up? I don't care about an unban, i just want some proof of this "N word" stuff.

Offline Cenkris

• Major
  • The river of troll tears widens every day! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 19, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »
Do you have any proof of this? I really haven't been on this server that much in the past year, and i'm pretty sure i've never repeatly called anyone the N word. Like i said, i have a bad rep, so maybe someone is making this up? I don't care about an unban, i just want some proof of this "N word" stuff.
Checking through the logs you were abusive to multiple players on the server before you were banned.

Offline SherlockCat

• Major
  • "bitch don't make me bring them killers out." Keef
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SherlockCat
  • Side: Union
« Reply #472 on: November 24, 2013, 10:41:46 pm »
I will.......

What's with the excessive ........ing?

Offline Mobman777

• Private
  • ROYAL GUARDS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: More Names Than You Can Think Of
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #473 on: November 26, 2013, 07:21:58 pm »
Server(s) you are banned from - 15th_Humans_vs_Bots
What was happening when you got banned - Told to switch to human team and I did but I still got banned
Time and date -  This was around 6 months ago
Timezone - GMT
User Identification Number - I dont know

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 01, 2013, 11:00:35 pm »
Server(s) you are banned from - 15th_Humans_vs_Bots
What was happening when you got banned - Told to switch to human team and I did but I still got banned
Time and date -  This was around 6 months ago
Timezone - GMT
User Identification Number - I dont know

Well, that was a temp-ban, if atm you cant get on the server then you got perma-banned since you obviously don't recall or don't want to say what happened. No un-ban

Offline skooks

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 07, 2013, 07:42:56 pm »
Name under which you were banned - Skooks
Server(s) you are banned from - 15th Bots vs Humans
What was happening when you got banned - I was building a skybridge with some planks so that i could make a platform for my buddies to shoot at the bots on, i wasnt wasting bp because it was for the defenses. I still dont understand why i was permabanned for this? but nevertheless sorry for doing it and it wont happen again.
Time and date - today 10:40 am
Timezone - pacific standard time
User Identification Number - im not sure what this is

Offline Unbanmeplz

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 10, 2013, 05:30:26 pm »
Name: Mephistopheles

I was recently banned under the above alias, I joined the game and was immediately banned, this is my first time on this server, no clue why I was banned, and I received no warning. I would like to be unbanned, thanks!

Offline Caskie

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Caskerz
« Reply #477 on: December 10, 2013, 07:39:44 pm »
Name under which you were banned - 17e_Lt_Caskie
Server(s) you are banned from - 15th Bots vs Humans
What was happening when you got banned - I was not on the server at the time i got banned but a couple months before i was allowed in but since i was in the 2ndCSG i was seen as a troll and i asked Cenkris and he said once a troll always a troll
Time and date - NA
Timezone - GMT
User Identification Number - https://steamcommunity.com/id/caskie/

Offline rottenronald

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 13, 2013, 11:38:17 pm »
-Unban request for Rotten Ronald

Hello all administrators who may be inclined to become involved.

It was a dark, cold winter night, december the 13th (2013) i believe, at around 5:30, atlantic time. I was playing on your 15th Humans Vs. Bots server and engaging in some light social conversation via chat as i so usually do. The administrator, and I will do my very best to not point fingers and be overly accusatory, seemed this night particularly aggressive in his methods, banning many players for seemingly nothing, with little or no warning for the most part. Sadly, I cannot recall who he was, but that doesn't matter.

At one point, one of the players made some comment about nazism in relation to the prussians who were at that point acting as the bots. The admin administered a warning against comments making light of nazism, which is more or less understandable, as it is as he put it "a sensitive topic". Personally, I feel as though it was mostly hypersensitivity, especially considering the people the player in question was calling nazis were made of computer code and as such have no feelings. I made a comment to the community stating that the administrator's methods were harsh, to which the administrator responded something along the lines of "you are in my world now, you only exist because I allow you to". In response, i commented that this all sounded rather autocratic.

Everything up to this point was said mostly in jest, and i continued playing in good spirits, engaging in various shenanigans with other players all the whilst slaying a great many prussian assailants. However, it was after a rather long string of temp-bans and perma-bans that I grew enraged at the blatant disregard for democracy and procedure this administrator was exemplifying. In my angered state, I commented something along the lines of "admin sees himself as the sole source of authority on this server and systematically eliminates all players who disagree with his worldview, yet grows angry when we reference hitler", which I presently note was a simple statement of his hypocrisy and not a joke about nazism. Less than thirty seconds later, i found myself with a permanent ban, having not been notified of the reason of my ban and having not received any warning whatsoever.

Honestly, If I cared at all, I would launch a formal complaint about abuse of power, but I just want to kill bots. However, I think you fine folks should be notified about certain unprofessional behavioural traits of certain administrators, just to keep an eye on them. This is my story, do with it what you will.

Defender of democracy, out.

ps. I'm running M&B via a port on macintosh, so I cannot undergo the steps to find my ID. Sorreh :(

-Rotten Ronald

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 15, 2013, 05:34:28 pm »
-Unban request for Rotten Ronald

Hello all administrators who may be inclined to become involved.

It was a dark, cold winter night, december the 13th (2013) i believe, at around 5:30, atlantic time. I was playing on your 15th Humans Vs. Bots server and engaging in some light social conversation via chat as i so usually do. The administrator, and I will do my very best to not point fingers and be overly accusatory, seemed this night particularly aggressive in his methods, banning many players for seemingly nothing, with little or no warning for the most part. Sadly, I cannot recall who he was, but that doesn't matter.

At one point, one of the players made some comment about nazism in relation to the prussians who were at that point acting as the bots. The admin administered a warning against comments making light of nazism, which is more or less understandable, as it is as he put it "a sensitive topic". Personally, I feel as though it was mostly hypersensitivity, especially considering the people the player in question was calling nazis were made of computer code and as such have no feelings. I made a comment to the community stating that the administrator's methods were harsh, to which the administrator responded something along the lines of "you are in my world now, you only exist because I allow you to". In response, i commented that this all sounded rather autocratic.

Everything up to this point was said mostly in jest, and i continued playing in good spirits, engaging in various shenanigans with other players all the whilst slaying a great many prussian assailants. However, it was after a rather long string of temp-bans and perma-bans that I grew enraged at the blatant disregard for democracy and procedure this administrator was exemplifying. In my angered state, I commented something along the lines of "admin sees himself as the sole source of authority on this server and systematically eliminates all players who disagree with his worldview, yet grows angry when we reference hitler", which I presently note was a simple statement of his hypocrisy and not a joke about nazism. Less than thirty seconds later, i found myself with a permanent ban, having not been notified of the reason of my ban and having not received any warning whatsoever.

Honestly, If I cared at all, I would launch a formal complaint about abuse of power, but I just want to kill bots. However, I think you fine folks should be notified about certain unprofessional behavioural traits of certain administrators, just to keep an eye on them. This is my story, do with it what you will.

Defender of democracy, out.

ps. I'm running M&B via a port on macintosh, so I cannot undergo the steps to find my ID. Sorreh :(

-Rotten Ronald

Yeahhhhhhhh....I looked at the name, never read you're short story, no un-ban. Cya! Or well, I won't!