Poll

Would you like to have a small amount of cavalry enabled on any maps that are suitable?

Yes.
10 (47.6%)
Yes but generals only.
4 (19%)
No.
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: March 13, 2013, 03:00:32 pm

Author Topic: 15th Humans vs Bots Server (UNBANS WILL NOT BE GRANTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES)  (Read 294871 times)

Offline BigRedOne

• First Lieutenant
  • A Clew has no weaknesses, but two strong fists.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 15th Humans vs Bots Server
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »
Thank you very much for your work!
Tavington:"Another GroupFighting server blablabla ClewFighting fcking frogs."
Contacts

My TeamSpeak: 91.121.26.112
[close]

Offline IndiaQuinn

• Volunteer
  • Proud member of the Prussian BBQ squad
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2013, 09:32:54 pm »
I just felt very alone on the server. Me vs the bots lol. Sundays... i need to serve my daily addiction to these server.

Offline Cenkris

• Major
  • The river of troll tears widens every day! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »
I just felt very alone on the server. Me vs the bots lol. Sundays... i need to serve my daily addiction to these server.
Warband has gone nuts and people are struggling to find the servers due to some huge bug. Hopefully this problem should go away soon enough!

Offline Comando96

• First Sergeant
  • If you see my name somewhere, it's most likely me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Comando96
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2013, 01:12:04 am »
I do enjoy going onto this server every now and then. I hate to say it, but as somewhat of a gimmick... but one of the best you can possibly come up with. Humans vs bots... and humans can control the bots 8) Whoever came up with it deserves cookies.
That turns a steady tickle of AI fail, into either a column of fail or a column of destructive genius. All depends on the quality of the officer.

I don't tend to go onto the sever too often (which is a shame, after today I do need to do it more), for multiple reasons.
Firstly 84e, I'm an admin on that, so... yeah I kinda do prefer that.
However secondly; realistically the server needs admins on, and I tend to miss whenever they are on.

I would like to, if you would allow me, to make a humble suggestion.
Quite a number of your Regiment members were on the server, when I was, and they were nobly trying in vain to get the 20 attackers to thin their ranks and swap to defenders.
I think you need admins who are able to be on at different hours of the day, and by the looks of it, you may be able to get a lot of them in-house.
Of course that is your area of decision, but its a suggestion that should be given some thought.

ps, thanks for getting rid of Pagan. I notice I'm in the Screenshot, catching a musket ball with my teeth ;D
(and trying to convey that 'there isn't an admin on, we're on our own' - for the 3rd time)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:16:13 am by Comando96 »

Offline Cenkris

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2013, 10:44:06 am »
I do enjoy going onto this server every now and then. I hate to say it, but as somewhat of a gimmick... but one of the best you can possibly come up with. Humans vs bots... and humans can control the bots 8) Whoever came up with it deserves cookies.
That turns a steady tickle of AI fail, into either a column of fail or a column of destructive genius. All depends on the quality of the officer.

I don't tend to go onto the sever too often (which is a shame, after today I do need to do it more), for multiple reasons.
Firstly 84e, I'm an admin on that, so... yeah I kinda do prefer that.
However secondly; realistically the server needs admins on, and I tend to miss whenever they are on.

I would like to, if you would allow me, to make a humble suggestion.
Quite a number of your Regiment members were on the server, when I was, and they were nobly trying in vain to get the 20 attackers to thin their ranks and swap to defenders.
I think you need admins who are able to be on at different hours of the day, and by the looks of it, you may be able to get a lot of them in-house.
Of course that is your area of decision, but its a suggestion that should be given some thought.

ps, thanks for getting rid of Pagan. I notice I'm in the Screenshot, catching a musket ball with my teeth ;D
(and trying to convey that 'there isn't an admin on, we're on our own' - for the 3rd time)
Glad you enjoy our server and i would prefer gallons of mead to cookies! ;) As regards NA admins we do have a few who look after the server when they can. I will choose even more admins over time but they must be selected as carefully as possible, especially as during NA times i am not around if anything goes wrong to fix it!

On another note i have edited many of the existing maps to fix bugs, reduce lag and disable cavalry where they are not appropriate! Also i have put up WDMeaun`s Alamo map as custom map 20 for a good playtesting and if you have any suggestions or bug reports be sure to post them here so they can be addressed. In addition i have taken one of the inferior quality maps out of rotation, am working on making a better version of the Earth Fortress map (the foggy one that is constantly being rushed by bots) and will be putting up the maps on the main page in time so you can make accurate comments about them! :D

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2013, 12:52:59 pm »
Warband has gone nuts and people are struggling to find the servers due to some huge bug. Hopefully this problem should go away soon enough!

Yea, this had to do with a recurring problem with the validation server.
Only experienced it once or twice myself and it doesn't seem to apply to -all- players.

For me.. it sounds like it has to be some kind of routing problem / dns related. But this is on their side and maybe they're letting specific countries in, but not all.. in order to prevent too much overhead.
(if a server went down, often a lot of people will constantly try to login, overloading the server again)

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erMar/IrishNap
  • Side: Union
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2013, 06:15:19 pm »
Today, an admin banned a member of the public from the server, saying he was part of a troll regiment. I questioned it, as this player didn't do anything in the server. I was also confused how did the admin know he was from a regiment that was trolling when the player wasn't wearing tags. I was then kicked from the server, and I reported to Cenkris about this. He ignored me, and now he was removed me from his friends list. I am also now banned from the server, and I have not been on it since I was kicked. This is a disgrace, and it should be dealt with.

The admin was 15th_Rifles_LSjt_Lolchicken if Im not mistaken.

Thankyou,
Napoleon.

Spoiler
Just tried to add you Cenkris, but you have seemed to blocked all communication with me
So much for enjoying our selves.
[close]

Offline SlothFather

• Donator
  • commander of all cumberlands
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 34th_Lt_SlothFather
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2013, 10:21:59 pm »
I went on this server today and 1 minute after I joined I got perm banned. :'( I really like this server so I would like to know why I was banned
My IGN is 34th_1st_Pfc_G_SlothFather
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:34:28 pm by SlothFather »

Offline Cenkris

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2013, 02:12:55 pm »
Today, an admin banned a member of the public from the server, saying he was part of a troll regiment. I questioned it, as this player didn't do anything in the server. I was also confused how did the admin know he was from a regiment that was trolling when the player wasn't wearing tags. I was then kicked from the server, and I reported to Cenkris about this. He ignored me, and now he was removed me from his friends list. I am also now banned from the server, and I have not been on it since I was kicked. This is a disgrace, and it should be dealt with.

Thankyou,
Napoleon.

Spoiler
Just tried to add you Cenkris, but you have seemed to blocked all communication with me
[close]

I went on this server today and 1 minute after I joined I got perm banned. :'( I really like this server so I would like to know why I was banned
I wont go into the long story of how this came about but you are both unbanned, sorry for the inconvenience!

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erMar/IrishNap
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2013, 03:02:59 pm »

Thankyou,
Napoleon.

Spoiler
[close]

I wont go into the long story of how this came about but you are both unbanned, sorry for the inconvenience!
Hmm, ok
Thanks for co-operating

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2013, 04:02:41 pm »
After seeing the Alamo in action several times, I've noted down some of the mistakes:

- several cannons do not fire properly, fixed by making an incline at the cannons' positions.
- at several places the AI sometimes got stuck, fixed the AI mesh for this and placed 2 ramps on roofs.
- several details missing, atleast made a defensive fortification in the courtyard but more should come.

I just have a question in order to make it more balanced and as shown in the screenshot.
I want to move the flag and perhaps the attackers' spawn in order to draw the battle more inside the courtyard.
Plus, should I disable cavalry for the balance?

Spoiler
[close]

Let me know and the next version will hopefully be the final one.

Offline Cenkris

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2013, 04:10:23 pm »
After seeing the Alamo in action several times, I've noted down some of the mistakes:

- several cannons do not fire properly, fixed by making an incline at the cannons' positions.
- at several places the AI sometimes got stuck, fixed the AI mesh for this and placed 2 ramps on roofs.
- several details missing, atleast made a defensive fortification in the courtyard but more should come.

I just have a question in order to make it more balanced and as shown in the screenshot.
I want to move the flag and perhaps the attackers' spawn in order to draw the battle more inside the courtyard.
Plus, should I disable cavalry for the balance?

Spoiler
[close]

Let me know and the next version will hopefully be the final one.
I think disabling cavalry and moving the attackers spawn would be a good idea. Maybe try that and see how that works before moving the flag and defender spawns but it is up to you as it is your map!  :D

Offline 15th Light Jose

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ex-15th Jose
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2013, 01:18:21 am »
Also Bots get stuck above the 2 houses on the redoubt last time i saw.

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2013, 05:19:51 pm »
Also Bots get stuck above the 2 houses on the redoubt last time i saw.

If you were referring to the Alamo.. I knew there were 2 area's on the rooftops, which werent bot friendly.
1. On the roof of the building in the corner (next to the breach and with 2 cannons) had an incorrect AI mesh.
2. On the roofs near the other corner, bots sometimes got stuck on the tilted roofparts. (the one not-flat roof)
3. 1 ramp was missing on the roofs, kinda forgot which ones

These were fixed, so if it was on another spot, I'll still have to check it

Offline Philippe

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2013, 11:00:22 pm »
hello ,
its me again i see here that you got some problems with BANS mb you should stop that troll admins  :-\. Also i really like your servers but with that admins noone can play for a long time there!  :(Could you please watch the banlist and find FINALLY ??? my name add me on steam philx2009 so that you can help me... i heard from 15th members theres 1 troll admin  >:(out there. ty for your work  :)