Poll

Would you like to have a small amount of cavalry enabled on any maps that are suitable?

Yes.
10 (47.6%)
Yes but generals only.
4 (19%)
No.
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: March 13, 2013, 03:00:32 pm

Author Topic: 15th Humans vs Bots Server (UNBANS WILL NOT BE GRANTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES)  (Read 302850 times)

Offline LordLube

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
hi badmin [15th]Harvain

banning a guy for having the name swift and not being swift enough is funny

so is banning the guy who lols at your ban.

good server, shit admins. Would play again, if I wasn't perma'd for questioning admins banning.

edit: good alternative is BBG's bot survival (Listed as BBG_BotSurvival_NA)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:34:54 am by LordLube »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
That's actually a shit alternative, considering it's set to Battle and the rounds are 20 minutes long.  ::)

Join the butthurt club, kiddo

<3

Offline LordLube

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
better than nothing, eh?

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
hi badmin [15th]Harvain

banning a guy for having the name swift and not being swift enough is funny

so is banning the guy who lols at your ban.

good server, shit admins. Would play again, if I wasn't perma'd for questioning admins banning.

edit: good alternative is BBG's bot survival (Listed as BBG_BotSurvival_NA)

I wasn't even the one who banned you or the other guy. GG on remembering admins.
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.

Offline poundsterling

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pound
  • Side: Confederacy
Hello,

I was banned on 15th Humans vs Bots a few months ago now and I don't know why. I think it was when I wasn't even on the server, which was a bit strange. If anyone can help, do say. My usual name for Mount and Blade: Warband is Pound~Sterling and my Steam name is the same.

Sorry to bother, thanks.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:15:12 pm by poundsterling »

Offline Ughtred the Bold

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Just here to express my frustration at my recent permaban from this server. I've been playing on this server for well over a year now and I've always enjoyed it. I've never caused any problems or broken any rules, and the admins never had any problems with me nor I with them. Well, that changed tonight. I was permabanned without warning, most likely for breaking the 'Don't destroy defenses' rule.
That being said, if I was warned I didn't see it. I apologise if I was so unattentive as to not notice any warnings.

Anyway, I feel this ban was unfair, or that at the very least an instant permaban without warning was overreacting. So why was I destroying the defenses you ask? Well, we (the defenders) were low on build points so I thought I'd destroy the defenses that I, MYSELF, had built rather close to the base. I wanted to move them forward to where they would be more useful as at that point our team was camping outside the bot's spawn and there were only about 6 minutes left so they probably weren't going to be getting that close to the flag. So I started taking down my defenses to free up build points, and before I knew it I was permabanned.
TL;DR: I was taking down defenses I had built myself, that I felt were redundant, for the sole purpose of freeing up build points so I could build the same defenses in a more forward position.

I'm not going to ask for an unban, I have read the thread title. I just wanted to say I'm disappointed. I've spent so long on this server, its my favourite on NW by far. And now I will never play on it again because one admin who saw what he/she thinks was rule breaking, decided to permaban me on the spot. No warning (as far as I saw), no chance to explain myself, not even a kick or a temp ban. And I've seen plenty of people get kicked/temp banned for breaking the rules, yet I was not afforded such leniency myself despite it being a first time offense and for what was at worst a minor infraction.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why what I was doing was considered rule breaking, however was an instant permaban really called for? "Don't destroy defenses" is rather subjective after all. What exactly made the admin think I was trolling? At what point is removing one or two defensive items being a troll as opposed to a thoughtful sapper?  Is getting rid of an already dead item then attacking a single plank trolling? Is there no possibility that that could be considered removing useless items to regain build points?

I'll leave the admins to ponder that. I hope the admin who banned me reads this and understands not only why I was doing what I was, but also why I feel that an instant permaban for my actions was excessively harsh. I also hope you use this information to be more patient and lenient in future regarding sappers removing defenses. Thank you and goodbye.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:42:30 pm by Ughtred the Bold »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Harvain's penis gets erect whenever someone grovels at his feet when he bans them. You should accept that you were wrongfully banned and not make a big deal out of it so as not to stimulate Harvain's power complex.

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
Harvain's penis gets erect whenever someone grovels at his feet when he bans them. You should accept that you were wrongfully banned and not make a big deal out of it so as not to stimulate Harvain's power complex.
+1

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
  • Wow Im unbanned :D
    • View Profile
what if they dont unban just to select master race retarded people

kinda natural selection

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
So nobody is going to ask how Harvain actually killed IE?

Offline SteelxBullet

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Hey, is there any way I can talk to someone on teamspeak about some server admins? a lot of them are abusing their power and perma ban people for nothing. I am a victim of this, not asking for an unban, just asking for you guys to hear my side of the story. Thanks.

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
So nobody is going to ask how Harvain actually killed IE?

Apparently, I helped kill Iron Europe, because I was among the first to suggest that all servers had to cap to 100/100, use conquest mode, plus apparently per usual, a 15th HvB helped kill another mod even though not a single person in the NW community was banned on Iron Europe.

Maybe it was more to do with us having the last 2 populated IE public servers. Hell Iron Europe died so fast, I didnt even get to put out a custom map for it which got rid of all the map bugs for all the maps that came with the mod.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
How old are you harvain

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 02:04:11 am by Shadow »

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
Take it to PM's.  Thanks!
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!