Poll

Would you like to have a small amount of cavalry enabled on any maps that are suitable?

Yes.
10 (47.6%)
Yes but generals only.
4 (19%)
No.
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: March 13, 2013, 03:00:32 pm

Author Topic: 15th Humans vs Bots Server (UNBANS WILL NOT BE GRANTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES)  (Read 299050 times)

Offline Cenkris

• Major
  • The river of troll tears widens every day! :D
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 15th Humans vs Bots Server
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2013, 05:35:53 pm »
I'm putting my voice into this far too much :p

But I would suggest enabling maybe only commanders, if you are looking to keep it balanced.
Especially coordinated cavalry charges are just devastating (and fun as h--).

Thus far it's the best on the Normandy look-a-like map.

I'm just feeling bad for hunting commanders over and over again :p
What can i say, bot commander season is open and people are already collecting their heads as trophies! ;)

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2013, 05:46:03 pm »
By the way..
I was retouching up one of my maps in progress.. (lost a lot of work, because an update.. forgetting to backup the latest)

Could this be 15th humans vs bots compatible?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,239921.msg5739831.html#msg5739831

I do not really think so tho, because I would have to remove attackers' arty.. to prevent breaching the walls (which would look silly with bots w/o AI mesh).
And ofcourse I will have to make some holes for bot passage.

It was originally meant to go for regular human vs human siege.

Offline Cenkris

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:25 pm »
By the way..
I was retouching up one of my maps in progress.. (lost a lot of work, because an update.. forgetting to backup the latest)

I do not really think so tho, because I would have to remove attackers' arty.. to prevent breaching the walls (which would look silly with bots w/o AI mesh).

Destructable terrain would always prove troublesome for bot maps and also is the map bigger than the standard custom map size by any chance? Bigger maps take up a lot of space due to the increase in faces for the ai mesh. Looks like an interesting map though, have you had it play tested at all yet?

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2013, 07:01:12 pm »
By the way..

Destructable terrain would always prove troublesome for bot maps and also is the map bigger than the standard custom map size by any chance? Bigger maps take up a lot of space due to the increase in faces for the ai mesh. Looks like an interesting map though, have you had it play tested at all yet?

The only play testing I've done was either with bots, (in the current version you do have to open the gates), or with people randomly joining in when I'm making the map and forgot to set a password. (which might be the reason of some crashes)
I was thinking to make it look like a post-battle scene with a lot of holes in the wall for the bots to pass thru. But the defenders can still make more breaches and I wonder if it wouldnt look too silly if there were bots ignoring these breaches. (as the AI mesh doesn't follow the defenders-made breaches).

I don't think you are using any maps with breachable walls at all, are you? (disregarding the efficiency of the breach)

Offline Cenkris

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:46 am »
By the way..

The only play testing I've done was either with bots, (in the current version you do have to open the gates), or with people randomly joining in when I'm making the map and forgot to set a password. (which might be the reason of some crashes)
I was thinking to make it look like a post-battle scene with a lot of holes in the wall for the bots to pass thru. But the defenders can still make more breaches and I wonder if it wouldnt look too silly if there were bots ignoring these breaches. (as the AI mesh doesn't follow the defenders-made breaches).

I don't think you are using any maps with breachable walls at all, are you? (disregarding the efficiency of the breach)
The only map with breachable walls is on the Mountain Pass map that was hastily cut down from a normal siege map. That map also doesn`t have the most up to date ai mesh and the walls protect the spawn area.

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2013, 10:32:52 am »
I'll try to redo the map a bit for bot siege-battles.

Currently at the office and finding out I am actually starting my holiday 1 day earlier. I cannot remember dates..
So I should have the time!

[edit]
Found out the AI pathing works pretty well, but I might have to remove several multiple level area's.
Ie. there are multiple houses with walkable roofs and if people decide to hide on the roofs, bots might gather below.

Plus 1 question.. I can´t seem to tell the bots -not- to spawn as cavalry, only when I'm actually in the attackers' team. Do you know how to limit bot class types? (dedicated server would be fine)
Having 30-50% bots as cavalry kinda plugs up some entryways
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:43:31 am by WDMeaun »

Offline judgedred

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2013, 01:05:14 am »
Hello greetings everyone :)

I was banned I would say almost a year ago now. I was spamming the letter t i dont know why I was doing it it was a dumb thing to do but i was perma banned for it. I just want to be unbanned simple as that. I always got on well with the admins there i never did anything bad before an di think the perma ban was a bit extreme. my ingame name is FUCKTARD please dont let the name fool you i have changed it but it was the name I used at the time.

Yours sincerly
dredd
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:23:29 am by judgedred »

Offline Cenkris

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2013, 01:35:22 am »

Currently at the office and finding out I am actually starting my holiday 1 day earlier. I cannot remember dates..

[edit]
Found out the AI pathing works pretty well, but I might have to remove several multiple level area's.
Ie. there are multiple houses with walkable roofs and if people decide to hide on the roofs, bots might gather below.

Plus 1 question.. I can´t seem to tell the bots -not- to spawn as cavalry, only when I'm actually in the attackers' team. Do you know how to limit bot class types? (dedicated server would be fine)
If buildings are high enough and the ai mesh is correctly done bots shouldn`t gather below a spot to much of an extent. Bots will spawn as cavalry when no humans are on their team. Best way to test a bot map is to have  a friend join the other team or test each side one at  a time. Simply put only  a couple of bots on the enemy team and a lot on your team to accurately test how they handle the terrain! :D

Offline Arsenal_Warband

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2013, 04:08:27 pm »
will you guys please un-ban me i have a ton of fun on your server and one day i got banned (perma) there is no other humans vs bots siege server i rather be on.

Offline SirFloyd

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »
Hi, I would like to make a request to be un banned please.
My in game nickname is - 'SirFloyd'

I was banned many many Months ago.The Reason I was banned was for using DiplexHeated regiment name,I never intended to say i was Diplex only to see if anyone would notice,It was a very childish thing to do.A Admin noticed the name and I was Banned. I have been playing the game since the beginning and have never had any problem's with Admin's and other Server's before.And would very much like to play on the server again.

Again iam very sorry.

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2013, 04:13:15 pm »

[edit]

If buildings are high enough and the ai mesh is correctly done bots shouldn`t gather below a spot to much of an extent. Bots will spawn as cavalry when no humans are on their team. Best way to test a bot map is to have  a friend join the other team or test each side one at  a time. Simply put only  a couple of bots on the enemy team and a lot on your team to accurately test how they handle the terrain! :D

I'm very close to finishing up the map, but just 1 more question before I can send/upload it.
The filesize of the map is already 598k, is it wise to continue with detailing (which probably adds up quite a bit)?

The AI mesh seems to be working quite well, including with the many buildings/rooftops, but I do need to test this out with human players on both sides.
It is suitable for cavalry, as long you keep the bots unmounted.

Before releasing I still have to remove all double windows (makes the game crash often) and disabling all doors.

Offline Cenkris

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »

[edit]

I'm very close to finishing up the map, but just 1 more question before I can send/upload it.
The filesize of the map is already 598k, is it wise to continue with detailing (which probably adds up quite a bit)?

The AI mesh seems to be working quite well, including with the many buildings/rooftops, but I do need to test this out with human players on both sides.
It is suitable for cavalry, as long you keep the bots unmounted.

Before releasing I still have to remove all double windows (makes the game crash often) and disabling all doors.
I think the biggest map we currently have on rotation is one of Ewan`s which comes in at around 380 kb and that lags a bit. Try and simplify as many ai faces as you can in order to cut down on the size of the map!

Offline revok

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: 15th Humans vs Bots Server UNBAN REQUEST
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2013, 12:54:10 pm »
Steam account: Conells
Player name: Nokog
Server: 15th Humans vs. Bots server
Time: 2 weeks ago
Another user (called "communist" or smething like that) was trolling with sapper class. I was a sapper too and did nothing wrong but was banned. The admin banned me because he mistaken me for the real troll (coz he was a sapper too). Please unban.

Offline BigRedOne

• First Lieutenant
  • A Clew has no weaknesses, but two strong fists.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2013, 09:22:55 am »
I make a complaint against Pagan_Fire-Whore who did a nazi cross with plank as saper.
Screenshots:
Spoiler

[close]
It happened between 8:30 AM / 9:10 AM GMT +1
Tavington:"Another GroupFighting server blablabla ClewFighting fcking frogs."
Contacts

My TeamSpeak: 91.121.26.112
[close]

Offline Cenkris

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2013, 03:45:10 pm »
I make a complaint against Pagan_Fire-Whore who did a nazi cross with plank as saper.
Screenshots:
Spoiler

[close]
It happened between 8:30 AM / 9:10 AM GMT +1
Well reported thank you! I had to laboriously check the logs to clarify the matter and the individual concerned was good enough to admit to his work in the game chat. He has been permanently banned on the server for his efforts! :D