Poll

Are you happy with the current state of the CR?

Yes, very much!
Yes, though I remain skeptical of the idea
Yes, and I would prefer to have changes to the role
I'm indifferent or have not yet made up my mind
No, though I do not mind
No, I do not like this role

Author Topic: Opening Discussion Thread (with Poll)  (Read 41553 times)

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Opening Discussion Thread (with Poll)
« Reply #315 on: December 16, 2018, 05:14:08 am »
It's funny how after every election, each outgoing rep likes to take a moment to say "I was more active than [insert name here] and therefore a better rep". It's even funnier since the community operates exactly the same as it did 3 years ago.

I can count on one hand the number of achievements a community rep has actually pulled off. It was the breaking of the 63e siege server's hold on recruiting. So actually, I can count that on one finger.

And no, holding a duel/2v2 tournament does not count as an achievement. It counts as an event that literally anyone can host if they want to.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:17:10 am by NickyJ »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #316 on: December 16, 2018, 06:18:09 am »
It's funny how after every election, each outgoing rep likes to take a moment to say "I was more active than [insert name here] and therefore a better rep". It's even funnier since the community operates exactly the same as it did 3 years ago.

I can count on one hand the number of achievements a community rep has actually pulled off. It was the breaking of the 63e siege server's hold on recruiting. So actually, I can count that on one finger.

And no, holding a duel/2v2 tournament does not count as an achievement. It counts as an event that literally anyone can host if they want to.
Are you're saying they aren't helpful?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #317 on: December 16, 2018, 06:23:12 am »
NickyJ for American Language Moderator

just remove NA CR and give herishey global mod
bruh you are one to talk my god lol you did absolutely nothing with CR

NA CR is pretty much a mod with a lot less power

No I was pretty helpful and also active as a CR unlike yourself and Cluele- oh wait nvm nobody ever liked him enough.. rip.

I think this next CR election is needed its time to make this forum rank on FSE GREAT again. No offense to Jakester pal but you have not been active on the forums at all..

it's a forum rank guys, FORUM RANK. Does not give you power to do anything in-game wise.
You dink you were literally gone for your whole term and I'm not saying I did shit cuz I didn't except for get WPC their board and help ban some nerds but I was pretty active and constantly reported shit and moderated which is the only thing CR can do and they can barely moderate.

CR is not needed just give Herishey Global Mod and give Jakester a pat on the back for trying his best.

edit: junedragon was the only good NA CR

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #318 on: December 16, 2018, 06:25:32 am »
Spoiler

No I was pretty helpful and also active as a CR unlike yourself and Cluele- oh wait nvm nobody ever liked him enough.. rip.

I think this next CR election is needed its time to make this forum rank on FSE GREAT again. No offense to Jakester pal but you have not been active on the forums at all..

it's a forum rank guys, FORUM RANK. Does not give you power to do anything in-game wise.
[close]
You dink you were literally gone for your whole term and I'm not saying I did shit cuz I didn't except for get WPC their board and help ban some nerds but I was pretty active and constantly reported shit and moderated which is the only thing CR can do and they can barely moderate.

CR is not needed just give Herishey Global Mod and give Jakester a pat on the back for trying his best.
Last time I check 2 weeks is not my whole term lol good on you for over exaggerating that dickle. CR is helpful and it should be kept.

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 16, 2018, 06:36:48 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Last time I check 2 weeks is not my whole term lol good on you for over exaggerating that dickle. CR is helpful and it should be kept.
Don't make me call you cockflower

Moderators/Board Moderators are helpful and CRs have the potential to be helpful like in the past but I think the parameters of CR should be revised to fit the community at this stage and if CR isn't going to be changed then just get rid of it.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #320 on: December 16, 2018, 06:47:12 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Moderators/Board Moderators are helpful and CRs have the potential to be helpful like in the past but I think the parameters of CR should be revised to fit the community at this stage and if CR isn't going to be changed then just get rid of it.
What do you feel needs to be changed about CRs?

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 16, 2018, 06:55:40 am »
Spoiler

[close]

For one the term should be longer since the pool of acceptable candidates is at like 0 people per election(it seems like they're already doing this rn just maybe haven't made it official??)

Maybe even a different election system since it's too easy to win(idk what tho)

More power would be good(give warnings????)

Idk I don't have all the answers

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2018, 07:00:15 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

[close]
For one the term should be longer since the pool of acceptable candidates is at like 0 people per election(it seems like they're already doing this rn just maybe haven't made it official??)

Maybe even a different election system since it's too easy to win(idk what tho)

More power would be good(give warnings????)

Idk I don't have all the answers
Uhh I mean election system is fine terms were made longer I think and warnings not entirely necessary but prolly helpful. I mean if your giving input as a CR you are being helpful you don't necessarily have to accomplish an ambitious goal to be considered useful as a CR.

|Viper|

« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2018, 07:06:16 am »
I’ve never understood the point of a Community Rep. Maybe I just don’t see a reason and all I see are Community Reps saying “I’ll do this I’ll do that!” When anyone can pretty much do the same things they can besides FSE Moderation and they usually don’t owe up to what they say they’re going to do at least on the NA side, I’m not sure about EU. I could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:11:44 am by VetroG »

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2018, 07:12:39 am »
NW died with 63e Siege
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Wursti

« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2018, 09:30:33 am »

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2018, 09:47:14 am »
My experience as NA CR has been pretty simple:
1. I check the forums pretty much every day, and although I don't usually post anything I always check the moderation section of the forum and the NA regimental threads.
2. I check up on the mess hall and all the usual places the NA community posts, aswell as some EU or otherwise normal threads, and then hop off for the day.
3. Occasionally I have receive messages to lock threads, delete, or otherwise do something within my capability, in which case I do the requested action.
All of these are things I did normally as a forum user, except that I check the forums more often than I used to and #3 obviously.

There have been only 2 notable things I have dealt with on the forums was a minor dispute between Risk and Vetro about the name of a tournament thread, which after the fact was locked and not followed through with. If there is something that I could've done better, please let me know for the sake of all future CR's. Besides Pickle and Fartknocker, nobody really gave me any feedback on anything, and when I did some reflection on my term I realized that the community continued in it's standard way, and did not need any influence from me.

The second is that I have worked with the administration for some changes to the forum, and they asked for my input as an NA representative.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:07:37 am by Jakester »

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2018, 11:28:08 am »
No reason to have CRs anymore, games done. When BCoF drops, and IF the player base comes back, then it makes sense to introduce them. At this point you’re just farting in a closet occupied by yourself
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2018, 05:48:06 pm »
My experience as NA CR has been pretty simple:
1. I check the forums pretty much every day, and although I don't usually post anything I always check the moderation section of the forum and the NA regimental threads.
2. I check up on the mess hall and all the usual places the NA community posts, aswell as some EU or otherwise normal threads, and then hop off for the day.
3. Occasionally I have receive messages to lock threads, delete, or otherwise do something within my capability, in which case I do the requested action.
All of these are things I did normally as a forum user, except that I check the forums more often than I used to and #3 obviously.

There have been only 2 notable things I have dealt with on the forums was a minor dispute between Risk and Vetro about the name of a tournament thread, which after the fact was locked and not followed through with. If there is something that I could've done better, please let me know for the sake of all future CR's. Besides Pickle and Fartknocker, nobody really gave me any feedback on anything, and when I did some reflection on my term I realized that the community continued in it's standard way, and did not need any influence from me.

The second is that I have worked with the administration for some changes to the forum, and they asked for my input as an NA representative.
I wish you would put more effort/thought into being CR, moderated more, and been more vocal and used your influence for something. It seems you just waited for things to happen.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2018, 06:36:10 pm »
I mean when I first started as CR like 3-4 terms ago I had quite a few ideas of what I wanted to try do. Once I put my initial ideas in motion it's limited really to what you can do. Of course it's still the more effort you put in the more you will get out of it but it's still pretty limited.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.