Author Topic: [GL] 79th New York Highlanders [NA]  (Read 44602 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
[GL] 79th New York Highlanders [NA]
« on: January 01, 2016, 10:31:50 pm »

79th New York Volunteer Infantry (Highlanders)
Est. January 1, 2016

Blackburn's Ford
Bull Run
Near Lewinsville
Lewinsville
Bayle's Cross Roads
Bay Point
Port Royal Ferry
Pocotaligo
James Island
Secessionville
Gen Pope's Campaign
Kelly's Ford
Sulpur Springs
Groveton
Centreville
Chantilly
South Mountain
Antietam
Fredericksburg
Vicksburg
Green River Bridge
Jackson, Blue Springs
Campbell Station
Siege of Knoxville
Fort Sanders
Strawberry Plains
Armstrong's Ferry
Wilderness
Spotsylvania Court House
Ny River
Before Petersburg and Richmond
Hatcher's Run
Fort Stedman
Fall of Petersburg

This regiment was originally formed as the spritual successor to the 30th (Cambridgeshire) Regiment of Foot, a very successful semi-competitive regiment which managed to capture the North American Premier League's championship in its first iteration while maintaining casual members and events.

With BCoF being available to the public our regiment and this game is starting to see life, there is now much more to look forward to than ever before. We will strive to grow our rank and compete in casual events and potentially competetive events as well, bringing our experience and former success from the old module to a newly polished game and providing a rich experience for the newer and more experienced players alike. We are a regiment dedicated to professionalism and maturity and most importantly just having a good time.

Mustered in: May 29, 1861
Mustered out: July 14, 1865

This regiment, called the Highlanders, was the original 79th militia and was composed mainly of Scotchmen. It was mustered into the service of the United States at New York city, for a three years' term, May 29, 1861, and left for Washington on June 2. It was stationed in the vicinity of Washington until the movement of the army to Manassas, when it was assigned to the 3rd brigade, 1st division, Army of Northeastern Virginia and participated in the battle of Bull Run. The command lost 198 in killed, wounded and missing, Col. Cameron being mortally wounded. During September the regiment was posted near Lewinsville, Va., where it several times encountered the enemy and was engaged in a sharp skirmish at Bailey's cross-roads. On Oct. 21, the 79th was attached to the 2nd brigade of Sherman's expeditionary corps, with which it embarked for Hilton Head, S. C., and served in that vicinity until June, 1862. It shared in the gallant attack of Stevens' division, at Secessionville, losing none out of 474 engaged. In July, the troops returned to Virginia and shared in Gen. Pope's campaign, with the 3rd brigade, 1st division, 9th corps, losing 105 killed, wounded or missing during the engagements near Manassas. At Chantilly, Gen. Stevens, former colonel of the 79th, was killed.

The 79th was active at South Mountain, Antietam, and Fredericksburg, but was not closely engaged in the latter. It shared the discomforts of Burnside's "Mud March," returned to camp at Fal-mouth, and moved west with the 9th corps, to join Gen. Grant's forces before Vicksburg. The regiment took part in the siege and in the pursuit to Jackson. It then fought at Blue Springs, at Campbell's station, Tenn., and aided in the defense of Knoxville. The men bore uncomplainingly the hardships of the return of the 9th corps across the mountains to Virginia and in May, Cos. A and B were transferred to the 18th corps. The regiment shared the opening battles of the Wilderness campaign and was mustered out at the expiration of its term of enlistment, May 31, 1864. The veterans and recruits served as provost guard at corps headquarters and were reinforced in the autumn of 1864 by the addition of several companies of new recruits. This battalion served before Petersburg until the fall of the city and was mustered out at Alexandria, Va., July 14, 1865. The total enrollment of the regiment was 1,385, exclusive of the battalion organized in 1864, and it lost during service 116 by death from wounds and 83 from other causes. Its record is one of unfailing heroism and devotion to the cause for which it fought and it is ranked by Col. Fox among the "three hundred fighting regiments". Taken from dmna.ny.gov

Farrish's (B) Company

Cpt. James A. Farrish (Purp)
1st Lieut. John Whyte (Windflower)

NCO

Total Strength: 24

Enlisted

Lance Corporal Patrick Brophy (Hofnaar)

Private First Class Henry Cade (Cade)
Private First Class Andrew Mackenzie (Aurum)

Private John Abbot (Bishop)
Private Richard Bayby (Unai)
Private Alex Bell (Moff_G)
Private John Booth (EggyPlanet)
Private Nylan Coleman (SpookySenders)
Private Zenas Crowell (redCOMET)
Private George Cummins (Burlierpower1)
Private Thomas Hamilton (Gareth)
Private Charles Moultrie (Bird)
Private Andrew Newlands (Pleb)
Private Robert Orr (Theodin)
Private David Pennycock (cowlikenuts)
Private John Walker (The Marksman)

Recruit James Fish (Nelly)
Recruit Alexander Hamilton (realmz)
Recruit Kelly Ireland (B. Cleaner)
Recruit John Sharp (Vuctwaffe)
Recruit Andrian Van Slyeke (Portals)
Recruit Joseph Wallace (Chibbs)

Capt. PurplePanda's Steam

1st Lt. Windflower's Steam

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 03:09:01 am by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
Re: 79th New York Highlanders [NA]
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 10:32:02 pm »
Thank You; Herishey (Roster Template),
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 04:47:47 am by Windflower »

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:32:33 pm »
We did it Reddit

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 10:33:58 pm »
good luck

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 10:34:59 pm »
Gud luk fucboi

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 11:13:16 pm »
yey

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 01:50:13 am »
I wonder how many people paid for alpha..

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 01:55:46 am »
Like 10 apparently

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Ody

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • MoskovGren Ody on steam
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Kpt_~Odysseus~
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 01:57:13 am »
the fuck

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 02:06:49 am »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 02:07:40 am »
What a meme.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 02:55:34 am »
the fuck
You've only gotten more grammatically aware lol, you're still cancer

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 03:06:56 am »
Added a header.  :P

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 03:08:06 am »

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 03:28:23 am »