Author Topic: Add your regiment into NTW3  (Read 20903 times)

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Beech
  • Side: Union
Add your regiment into NTW3
« on: March 19, 2015, 06:28:30 pm »
NTW3 a mod for Napoleon Total War is always looking to add historical units to their mod. If you would like to add your favorite unit to the mod or regiment in please submit them here.
What we need
Historical Name:
Faction:
Background Information:
Unit Image:

Example Post
Spoiler
Historical Name: Nr.18/1. Westfälischen Infanterie Regiment
Faction:Prussia
Background Information: Formerly the 6th RIR (The Prussians kept their trained line infantry as reserves to deal with the French imposed limitations of their standing army). Regiment No 12 and all the ex-Reserve units except the 13th, 16th, 17th and 20th Regiments took part in the Waterloo campaign. The 18th Regiment suffered the heaviest casualties of any Prussian Infantry unit: 21 officers, 49 NCOs and 740 men killed or wounded -- and gained 33 Iron Crosses in one afternoon's fighting round Placenoit. They and the 15th Regiment, committed straight from an exhausting cross-country march against fresh troops of the Imperial Guard, bore the brunt of the struggle and it was fitting that the ex-Reservists should have a rôle on the final victory.
Unit Image:
[close]

*Discloser there is no guarantee your regiment will be added*
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:36:37 pm by Beech »

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
Re: Add your regiment into NTW3
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:03:35 pm »
Historical Name: 58e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Faction: Empire Français
Background Information: http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/c_frenchinf6.html#58th
Unit Image: https://i.imgur.com/Qk8En4m.png

Side Note: Not sure if that uniform is historically accurate. If i find something about their uniform, ill be sure to let you know.

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:26:58 pm »
Historical Name: 58e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Faction: Empire Français
Background Information: http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/c_frenchinf6.html#58th
Unit Image: https://i.imgur.com/Qk8En4m.png

Side Note: Not sure if that uniform is historically accurate. If i find something about their uniform, ill be sure to let you know.
Awesome, just let me know

Offline FatherDamien

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired Damien
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:15:28 am »

Historical Name:  84e Régiment d'Infanterie de ligne "Un Contre Dix"
Faction:France
Background Information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/84th_Infantry_Regiment_%28France%29
Unit Image: Officer http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4b84e23fd934d.jpg
  http://1.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Vets-800-1.jpg

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 02:12:51 am »

Offline FatherDamien

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 11:01:13 pm »
one thing i thought the dont update NTW3 anymoar?

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 11:41:36 pm »
one thing i thought the dont update NTW3 anymoar?
They do the team is really active

Offline CrumpetAwesome

• Major General
  • Ex-Col, proudly lead the 4e
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 12:18:48 pm »
NTW 3 already has Cameron Highlanders  8)

Offline FatherDamien

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 05:05:07 am »
bump also i love NTW3 only problem was shooting is really bad lol like u can be point black 10 yards away from each other and have 300 men firing and you only kill 20 lol I think its a bit too unaccurate but idk

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 01:44:56 pm »
I'm sitting here really scratching my head as there are loads of regiments I'd love to see added. I wish they had all of them then limit the number you can deploy by limiting them to the actual number of Battalions that regiment had. Still feel like throwing something in ;)

Historical Name: 2nd Battalion, 44th (East Essex) Regiment of Foot

Faction: United Kingdom

Background Information: The regiment increased in strength during the Napoleonic Wars and a new battalion was organised as 2nd Battalion in 1803. The 2nd Battalion saw active service in the Peninsular War and the Waterloo Campaign. Notably, the battalion fought at the Battle of Fuentes de Onoro (1811), the Siege of Badajoz (1812), the Battle of Salamanca (1812), the Battle of Quatre Bras (1815), and the Battle of Waterloo (1815). The battalion was disbanded in 1816 at the conclusion of the wars.

The 2nd Battalion won great glory for the 44th at the Battle of Salamanca in 1812 when it captured the French Imperial Eagle, the equivalent of a British Regiment's Colours, of the French 62nd Regiment. The Eagle was carried on parade by the Essex Regiment, a tradition inherited by the 3rd Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment and now the 1st Battalion.

Unit Image:
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stRHA_Col_Fish
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 03:12:36 pm »
Historical Name: Royal Horse Artillery[RHA]: A Battery "The Chestnut Troop"
Spoiler

Background Information: A Troop Royal Horse Artillery was raised as The Chestnut Troop at Woolwich on 1 February 1793. Equipped with Chestnut horses from the start, Lord Wellington asked of the whereabouts of “The Chestnut Troop” during the Battle of Waterloo. This unofficial title stuck until Edward VII sanctioned, in Army Order 135, that the Battery be designated A Battery (The Chestnut Troop) Royal Horse Artillery. This honour title is unique as it is not associated with one particular incident, and affords "The Chestnut Troop" the privilege to be known as such outside the Royal Regiment of Artillery. As the senior Battery within the whole of the Royal Regiment of Artillery, it takes position at the Right of the Line on the parade.

1800s
1798 – The Troop first saw action in the Irish Rebellion
1799 – Saw action in the Netherlands
1806 – Captain Hew Ross assumed command of the Troop, which lasted for an unrivalled period of 19 years, through campaigns in Spain, Portugal, France and at Waterloo. Captain Ross went on to be knighted and become the first ever Gunner Field Marshal.
1809 onwards – The Troop fought in the Peninsula War. Following its exploits in Portugal was a protracted period of peace

Unit Image:
http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/uniformes_uniteBR.php?uniformes=70&nation=1

http://www.military-art.com/mall/images/dhm456.jpg
[close]

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 06:24:56 pm »
I'm sitting here really scratching my head as there are loads of regiments I'd love to see added. I wish they had all of them then limit the number you can deploy by limiting them to the actual number of Battalions that regiment had. Still feel like throwing something in ;)

Background Information: The regiment increased in strength during the Napoleonic Wars and a new battalion was organised as 2nd Battalion in 1803. The 2nd Battalion saw active service in the Peninsular War and the Waterloo Campaign. Notably, the battalion fought at the Battle of Fuentes de Onoro (1811), the Siege of Badajoz (1812), the Battle of Salamanca (1812), the Battle of Quatre Bras (1815), and the Battle of Waterloo (1815). The battalion was disbanded in 1816 at the conclusion of the wars.

The 2nd Battalion won great glory for the 44th at the Battle of Salamanca in 1812 when it captured the French Imperial Eagle, the equivalent of a British Regiment's Colours, of the French 62nd Regiment. The Eagle was carried on parade by the Essex Regiment, a tradition inherited by the 3rd Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment and now the 1st Battalion.

Unit Image:
Spoiler
[close]

I can agree with Bravescot, I'd like to see the 44th added.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 10:05:47 pm »
Sweden needs more of those nice looking uniforms.

EDIT: Just remembered that Konungens värvade was in the mod already  :P

Historical Name: Karelska dragonkåren
Faction: Sweden
Background Information: This Finnish regiment’s name refers to its recruitment area, as well as its main area of operations – Karelen – the southeast border-region between Finland and Russia. Due to the territorial losses in 1721 and 1744, the Karelian cavalry regiment lost most of it's area of recruting, and so the regiment was reduced to a "Corps". The Corps had two companies, one in Savolax and one in Karelia. It participated in battles against Russia in Karelia and Savo.
Unit Image:
Spoiler
[close]

Historical Name: Mörnerska husarregementet
Background Information: This regiment would have got its name from its commander ’Mörner’ in 1801. Before that, since 1797, it had been the Hornska Husarregementet (the Horn Hussar Regiment; ‘Horn’ also being a surname of a Noble family in Sweden) and before that simply the Husarregementet (the Hussar Regiment). It recruited from the south and southwest of Sweden but also, as it seems, from the province of Pomerania along the north Polish-German coast, which since the peace of Westphalia in 1648 had been part of the Swedish kingdom (until 1814). During 1813 and the German War of Liberation, many of the professionally hired soldiers of this regiment were likely to have been of German descent. The language of command within the unit seems to have been German.
Unit Image:
Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: I think this would be a good flag for Finnish infantry regiment unit in the mod. It was used By regiments near Turku/Åbo and Pori/Björneborg, that province was called "Proper Finland".
Spoiler
[close]

EDIT EDIT:
General uniform
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:31:28 am by OttoFIN »

Offline Beech

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 10:13:55 pm »
Will add all your units. They have started making the newest patch, so they may not be included in the upcoming patch.
Spoiler
Historical Name: Royal Horse Artillery[RHA]: A Battery "The Chestnut Troop"
Spoiler

Background Information: A Troop Royal Horse Artillery was raised as The Chestnut Troop at Woolwich on 1 February 1793. Equipped with Chestnut horses from the start, Lord Wellington asked of the whereabouts of “The Chestnut Troop” during the Battle of Waterloo. This unofficial title stuck until Edward VII sanctioned, in Army Order 135, that the Battery be designated A Battery (The Chestnut Troop) Royal Horse Artillery. This honour title is unique as it is not associated with one particular incident, and affords "The Chestnut Troop" the privilege to be known as such outside the Royal Regiment of Artillery. As the senior Battery within the whole of the Royal Regiment of Artillery, it takes position at the Right of the Line on the parade.

1800s
1798 – The Troop first saw action in the Irish Rebellion
1799 – Saw action in the Netherlands
1806 – Captain Hew Ross assumed command of the Troop, which lasted for an unrivalled period of 19 years, through campaigns in Spain, Portugal, France and at Waterloo. Captain Ross went on to be knighted and become the first ever Gunner Field Marshal.
1809 onwards – The Troop fought in the Peninsula War. Following its exploits in Portugal was a protracted period of peace

Unit Image:
http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/uniformes_uniteBR.php?uniformes=70&nation=1

http://www.military-art.com/mall/images/dhm456.jpg
[close]
[close]
Spoiler
[/quote]
Sweden needs more of those nice looking uniforms.

Historical Name: Konungens egna värvade regemente
Background Information: The unit was formed in southern Sweden in 1719 by merging the "Smålands tre- och femmänningsregementen". The unit was sent to Finland in 1751-1762 to participate in the construction of Sveaborg. In 1828 the regiment was reduced to a garrison company in Landskrona. The unit was disbanded in 1858.
Unit Image:
Spoiler
[close]
Flag:
Spoiler
[close]

Historical Name: Karelska dragonkåren
Background Information: This Finnish regiment’s name refers to its recruitment area, as well as its main area of operations – Karelen – the southeast border-region between Finland and Russia. Due to the territorial losses in 1721 and 1744, the Karelian cavalry regiment lost most of it's area of recruting, and so the regiment was reduced to a "Corps". The Corps had two companies, one in Savolax and one in Karelia. It participated in battles against Russia in Karelia and Savo.
Unit Image:
Spoiler
[close]

Historical Name: Mörnerska husarregementet
Background Information: This regiment would have got its name from its commander ’Mörner’ in 1801. Before that, since 1797, it had been the Hornska Husarregementet (the Horn Hussar Regiment; ‘Horn’ also being a surname of a Noble family in Sweden) and before that simply the Husarregementet (the Hussar Regiment). It recruited from the south and southwest of Sweden but also, as it seems, from the province of Pomerania along the north Polish-German coast, which since the peace of Westphalia in 1648 had been part of the Swedish kingdom (until 1814). During 1813 and the German War of Liberation, many of the professionally hired soldiers of this regiment were likely to have been of German descent. The language of command within the unit seems to have been German.
Unit Image:
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Spoiler
[/quote]

Unit Image:
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 10:27:22 pm »
Ugh, its just so fun to suqqest these regiments..

Historical Name: 54th (West Norfolk) Regiment of Foot
Background Information: Originally formed in 1755 at Salisbury as the 56th Regiment of Foot and renumbered as the 54th Regiment of Foot. It was renumbered when the 50th Regiment and 51st Regiment were disbanded. It participated in American Revolution and in battle of Waterloo.
Unit Image:
Spoiler
[close]
Flag: https://i.imgur.com/3oHe6l.jpg