Author Topic: Victoria II: Kaiserreich [HoD] (Mod)  (Read 7909 times)

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Victoria II: Kaiserreich [HoD] (Mod)
« on: February 20, 2014, 03:37:24 am »
Victoria II: Kaiserreich

Before anyone asks, I haven't asked the devs of DH Kaiserreich and if they have a problem - I will rename the mod! I still love their mod, none the less, and they inspired me to make this! :happy:.

Why Kaiserreich?

Well, since it's 100 years since the start of The Great War it would appear appropiate to have mods surface that should remind us of the sacrifice so many made whether you personally view the reasons behind the war legitimate or not, it is undeniable that we must remember those and the families of those who laid down their lives in the war. The mod itself, is inspired by the legendary Kaiserreich for Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game and seeks to play on that mod, but begin telling the 'alternate history' from 1921 rather than 1936. What if Germany were to win WW1?

Kaiserreich Features:

•Extended timeline 1921 - 2000
•New units
•New sprites and meshes to go with the units
•Win the space race - land the first man on the moon
•Revamped technology tree to fit the era
•Many new nations, some historical, some fun formable nations for the player to pursure
•New factories and goods
•New resources
•Hundreds of new unique events and decisions to retell history like never before
•New wargoals and infamy changes, making the game more fast paced and interesting
•New general unique events and decisions that add to overall gameplay in Victoria II
•Unique nation-authentic music and the return of Paradox's most famous tracks for general music (Over 1 hour of new music time!)

^ That's all find and dandy but the mod just made the alpha-beta leap (Fanfare), sadly.

Here is a copy of the latest changelog:

Spoiler
# V 0.4 - Beta Full Version (27/01/2014 --- 20/02/2014)

GENERAL:

- Reduced revolt risk even more, In 15 years I saw about 3 rebellions that were noticable, so Iam confident this time all the rebel issues are gone
- Music is finally fixed completely and will work as intended, many new tracks included - find out for yourself by playing the countries!
- Futher optimised the game by removing uneccesary files for Kaiserreich
- Removed all European states from Africa, they are now all colonies
- The 'Republic of the Rif' starts at war with 'Spain'
- The 3 canals are now built on game start

FACTORIES/GOODS: 

- Added 'Hydroelectric Power Station' factory (Can only be built on the coast, uses machine parts as upkeep, medium output)
- Added 'Wind Farm' factory (Uses machine parts as upkeep, low output)
- Added 'Gas Fired Power Station' factory (Uses oil as upkeep, high output)
- Added 'Solar Power Plant' factory (Uses electric gear as input, medium output)
- Added 'Nuclear Power Plant' factory (Can only be built on the coast, uses electric gear and machine parts as input, very high output) # Apologies but uranium isn't implemented yet, so I'm using this as a substitute!
- Added 'Machine Parts' and 'Electric Gear' factories to several nations to supplement high initial world demand
- Renamed 'Aeroplane Factory' to 'Aeronautical Engineering Facility'
- Renamed 'Steamer Convoys' to 'Large Hulls'
- Renamed 'Cipper Convoys' to 'Small Hulls'
- Renamed 'Clipper Shipyard' to 'Small Drydock'
- Renamed 'Steamer Shipyard' to 'Industrial Drydock'
- Each level of any power station now increase the infrastructure rating of a province by 5%

MILITARY FEATURES:

- Added 'Aircraft Carrier' naval unit (Very expensive, high upkeep, very powerful)
- Added Meshes and Sprites for all new units in the game (Ported from HoI III)
- Updated some more militaries, removing units that shouldn't be in certain places and removing more helicopters + jet planes
- Tanks have a very high siege value, to allow for blitzkrieg styled wars

EVENTS:

- Added 'The Royal Family has Arrived' event for Canada
- Added 'The American Civil War - Canada' event for Canada
- Added 'El Presidente Sworn In!' event for Tropico
- Added 'Elvis Presley' event for the USA
- Added 'The Beatles' event for the UK
- Added 'Fidel Castro' event for Cuba
- Added 'People Tire of Democracy' event for the USA
- Added 'Chicago Communist Rally' event for the USA
- Added 'San Fransisco Fascist Commune' event for the USA
- Added 'Texan Independence Dictat' event for the USA
- Added 'The American Civil War - USA' event for the USA
- Added 'Canadian Occupation' event for the USA
- Added 'End of the 4th Empire' event for The French Empire
- Added 'The Government is Defeated' event for The American Fascist Alliance and The American People's Republic
- Added 'The Government is Victorious' event for The USA
- Added 'Oil in Libya' event for any country that owns Gharyan and Waddan and the year is 1959 that produces oil in those respective provinces
- Added 'Debug IRE' event for Ireland, to stop it becoming an instant GP upon acquiring independence due to a stupendous amount of prestige gain
- Added 'The Republic of Ireland' event to Ireland
- Added 'War Plan Red - Britain' event for the UK
- Added 'Primo de Rivera' event for Spain
- Added a surprise event for all countries
- Added 'Moon Landing - Attempt?' event for all countries
- Added 'Moon Landing - Launch Failure!' event for all countries
- Added 'Moon Landing - Midflight Explosion!' event for all countries
- Added 'Moon Landing - Success!' event for all countries
- Added 'The End of Primo de Rivera' event for Spain
- Updated the 'Falklands War' event so the UK will now declare war on Argentina properly upon it being activated
- Updated the 'Sun Finally Sets' event so it now converts some of the UK pop to communists and is alot more likely to face a civil war and also now makes the UK release Nepal and Buhtan
- Updated the 'The Great Patriotic War' decision for Russia so now Germany and The USSR fight an all out battle to the death for the CB 'Total Annexation'
- Updated the 'Mao Zedong' event so only 35% rather than 45% of China's population flip to communist support
- Updated the 'Aland Crisis' decision/event chain, it will now work, and all of the errors and bugs are removed
- Updated the 'Great Depression' event to make the modifier alot more harmful to the US economy
- Updated 'Intervention?' event for Persia so now they will not make peace instantly
- Updated both blockade events so they now work correctly

DECISIONS:

- Added 'The Empire of Tropico' decision to Tropico
- Added 'Finish the Job' decision to The American Fascist Alliance and The American People's Council
- Added 'Found Space Program' decision and modifier to any country that is a Great Power and has discovered Space Capabilities
- Added 'Form Morocco' decision to the 'Republic of the Rif'
- Added 'Plan: Moon Landing' decision to any great power with £1,000,000, the 'Found Space Program' decision already enacted and the year being atleast 1960
- Added 'Form: Terran Empire' decision to any country that conquers the world
- Updated the 'Issue Bonds' decision. It is now less powerful and you have to be either a 'Democracy' or 'HMS Government'
- Updated the 'Wartime Propaganda' decision so it now adds a modifier for 6 months that has specific effects
- Updated 'Form The Union of the Commonwealth' decision. It is alot harder to form now
- Updated 'Design: Supermarine Spitfire' decision so the UK can no longer spam it
- Removed 'Abandon Finland' decision for Sweden (Wasn't meant to be in the game, obsolete vanilla decision)

COUNTRY ADDITIONS/CHANGES:

- Added 'Tropico'                    (TRO)                                                                             (New Starting nation)
- Added 'American Fascist Alliance'  (AFA)                                                                             (Event only nation)
- Added 'American People's Council'  (AFA)                                                                             (Event only nation)
- Added the 'Republic of the Rif'    (RIF)                                                                             (New Starting Nation)
- Added El Presidente, Sunny Flowers, Ambassador Crane, El Diablo and Agent Sasha as political parties for Tropico
- Added New Labour and National Front as political parties for The United Kingdom and The Union of the Commonwealth
- Added USA cores to Alaska
- Updated Japan to make it slightly more modern feeling
- Removed Omani cores from East Africa
- Removed Mexican cores from the USA

TECHNOLOGY AND INVENTIONS:

- Completed Industry tree and inventions
- Culture tree completed, still needs inventions and pictures fully implementing

BUG FIXES:

- I improved alot of the old events and decisions in the game, to ensure only a minimal amount - if any - will cause bugs in 0.4
- UK economy was fixed after alot of testing, it came down to the fact part of British Africa was landlocked - feel free to play as one of the most well developed nations now!

# Please report any bugs you find for crying out loud! If it's relating to game start up problems and I know the patch launches up on my low spec laptop, that's something you need to perhaps check on The Paradox forums. I'm sorry but I probably can't help you, but i'll try nonetheless.

FINAL NOTES:

- The American Civil War event is designed to fire based on the theory that if the New Deal reforms were never enacted, America could have descended into chaos. Therefore failing to enact The New Deal reforms will result in the ACW happening. In order to enact The New Deal Reforms, the player or AI must have the democrats in power at least once between the period 1933 - 1936, which causes Roosevelt to take office. Otherwise, the chain of events will set off causing the civil war and it will be too late. (Note the chain of events will begin to fire off on approximately: 1st August 1936).
[close]

You can download it from the ModDB page, have fun and let me know of any suggestions or bug reports.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/victoria-ii-kaiserreich

(A ModDB admin might not have approved the download yet, so hang around if you can't see a 0.4 download.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:46:36 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: Victoria II: Kaiserreich [HoD] (Mod)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:00:11 am »
Will try out now.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 05:05:13 am »
Definitely checking this out at some point!

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:26:36 pm »
Lol I sure as hell hope this version works correctly. tell me what you think, I need ideas for improvements anyway.

0.41 released! Check the ModDB for the changelog (It is a complete overhaul, delete 0.4 before installing it if you have 0.4)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:47:22 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 12:04:56 pm »
It sucks. Totally different from the darkest hour version that i love dearly.... where the hell did you leave all the Internationale events?
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 10:31:40 am »
It sucks. Totally different from the darkest hour version that i love dearly.... where the hell did you leave all the Internationale events?

Plz I sorry Augy darling plz no hate, you make me crai now  :(. There are a few reasons why it wasn't as good as people expected.

1. It was not meant to be released in this state, I had no choice because I cannot test it! It is a beta product! NO.1 fact that pisses me off about any sort of product, people rage when the product isn't really meant to be final. It's going to happen on Arena Commander for Star Citizen as well, wait and see.
2. This is hard for 1 guy my darling, the DH and Victoria Ultimate team have 6/7+ guys half of whom are professional game devs
3. I should have realised originally, but trying to force the direction of the game with events is very hard on Victoria II compared to HoI, because of the different game mechanics
4. I had plans to change the whole thing significantly, which should have made the game more interesting mainly by modding the great war mechanic heavily. But meh, no time.
5. And finally, I picked this up from scratch with no prior modding experience, so some of it is a mess  :P

Plz forgive bby  :'(

Offline 1te Garde_Gren_Merdic

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1te Garde_Gren_Merdic
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 05:45:10 pm »
looks awesome, so gonna check it out.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 03:41:20 am »
Next version of poop mod is out. Version 0.6.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 06:23:07 pm »
Bumping this,  played as American syndaclists and won the civil war in a few years but sadly the game hasn't given me events that formally end the war so it's still considered occupation.

Edit: just realized this is the wrong thread. I played darkest hour version, but there's no thread.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 06:41:59 pm »
Bumping this,  played as American syndaclists and won the civil war in a few years but sadly the game hasn't given me events that formally end the war so it's still considered occupation.

Edit: just realized this is the wrong thread. I played darkest hour version, but there's no thread.

Keep it up... Darkest Hour version is the only legit one... this Vic II one has nothing to do with it and is rather lame.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna