Poll

Should we allow NAs to play 10 rounds on their Server ?

Yes
118 (49.4%)
No
121 (50.6%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Voting closed: January 31, 2016, 09:35:02 pm

Author Topic: NWWC 2016  (Read 477890 times)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWWC 2016
« Reply #1350 on: February 04, 2016, 12:53:59 am »
To the NA servers

Me and Caz set this vote up to make it easier for us to decide on wether we should use NA servers or not. Well, as it turned out you can't see any trend in this vote. Maybe if we let the vote stay there for one more day the tendency would shift. So we have to bite the bullet and make our own decision:

We will stay with the original idea and not allow american servers

Here are our three main reasons:

1. The internet is not capable of something like this
One of the main problems with the ping will be, that it will be unplayable for both sides, changing the results of many matches maybe into an unfair 10-10. Mount and blade is a game where it depends on the ping the most to be able to perform proper melee. Surely you can play good with high ping, but in order to do that you have to be used to it. I personally have a ping on a New York server I can't play with.

2. It is simply not fair
Many think, that it would be a gesture of fairness to let the americans play on their server, but with the ping disadvantage mensioned above a fair mesurement of a countries skill would simply not be possible and that is what the tournament is all about. We would love to see a correct mesurement of every countries skill but that is simply not possible. I know it sound like a little double standards, because you can't mesure the skill of america like this better, but its also not getting worse. It would also still not make it fair, as the matches would be at a weird time for NAs where they cant field most of their good players

3. We host the tournament
We, the europeans, always hosted this tournament. As Herishey already stated, the americans were only allowed to join the tournament, if they accept the fact, that they will play on EU servers. There is no american team required so there is no need for us to change our rules suddenly. Compare it to the soccer world cup 2022, which will be in Qatar. Qatar is a very hot country, so northern European soccer teams will have more of a disadvantage as for example the Brasilian national team, because they are used to hot temperatures. Surely it's a bit unfair for these northern European teams, but Qatar hosts the tournament so they have to adapt.

I know we can only make half of the community happy with our decision, so I request the other half to not go mental on the thread. WE WILL NOT CHANGE OUR OPINION ANYMORE. We asked the community and the community couldn't answer

Reasons 1 and 2 are both double standards, with 1 being flat out stupid, it would be unfair to have a possible 10-10 or 11-9 instead of a free 20-0? How? Number 3 is the only reason that is kind of makes sense, but with an awful analogy.

I'm not looking to  have it changed, and I'm not disappointed or surprised by the decision, or by them being backed up by terrible reasons, met my expectations perfectly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ,I'm still gonna fight in the league, and if team Canada gets even 1 round on an EU team in this 'world' cup, just know your team is a joke  ;D

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 04, 2016, 12:59:27 am »
Well, disappointing descision. Rather disappointed across the board in the EU community, but good luck to Team Canada nonetheless. I probably won't be playing now, so have fun
Yes I am sorry. I hope the new Regional GF League for NA makes up for it

Reckon you can get a Welsh team for that?

Maybe I'll make an attempt at hosting a world cup after the regional tournament is over, and feature a Welsh team in that.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1352 on: February 04, 2016, 01:00:32 am »
Well, disappointing descision. Rather disappointed across the board in the EU community, but good luck to Team Canada nonetheless. I probably won't be playing now, so have fun

Maybe I'll make an attempt at hosting a world cup after the regional tournament is over, and feature a Welsh team in that.
Wow, and make it 20 rounds on NA servers because NA host. Kay?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 04, 2016, 01:05:38 am »

^ lmao

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1354 on: February 04, 2016, 02:26:54 am »

Yeah host a NA nations cup so only Canada and America can compete , clever boy!

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 04, 2016, 04:37:49 am »

Your autism is astounding. It would be a world cup which means though my server would be hosted in NY, I'd be perfectly content to allow EU teams to play each other on an EU server, America and Canada if in the same group would fight on an NA server, far east nations (like, turkey and russia) could fight all 20 rounds on a neutral French Server if against an NA (or EU team/each other as stated already), and English/French/Neighboring participating countries would fight 10 on an NA server and 10 on an EU server. It would all be about finding the fairest balance, so everyone would be very capable of being very competitive.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: February 04, 2016, 07:59:47 am »

Your autism is astounding. It would be a world cup which means though my server would be hosted in NY, I'd be perfectly content to allow EU teams to play each other on an EU server, America and Canada if in the same group would fight on an NA server, far east nations (like, turkey and russia) could fight all 20 rounds on a neutral French Server if against an NA (or EU team/each other as stated already), and English/French/Neighboring participating countries would fight 10 on an NA server and 10 on an EU server. It would all be about finding the fairest balance, so everyone would be very capable of being very competitive.

Unfair if you dont host our matches on a Swedish server.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #1357 on: February 04, 2016, 08:05:00 am »

Then go ahead and host that, but stop being butthurt and spam this thread with useless crap about how unfair EU plebs are. Deal with it, the organisers made a  decision.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 04, 2016, 08:35:14 am »
This thread is the evidence I needed to make the statement of NA being saltier than EU. Gg.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1359 on: February 04, 2016, 09:20:53 am »
Spoiler

Then go ahead and host that, but stop being butthurt and spam this thread with useless crap about how unfair EU plebs are. Deal with it, the organisers made a  decision.
[close]
If you're going to host it at least wait a while, the only reason this event has stayed as hype and successful as it has over the 5 years is because it has a break between it each time (minimum of 6 months), if it's going to be hosted every month it will just be any old event.

And you say "capable of being very competitive", but EU v NA is a perfect example of how that didn't really work, EU rounds were much closer and in that scenario quite clearly the better side though the score was still very close because of the ping difference.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Dairus

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 04, 2016, 10:33:25 am »
Gl with hosting this NA tournament!
Many eu players will not be able to attend, coz of the time beeing like 4 am ;)

Offline Rommel

• Major
  • Herr Colonel, Sie wollen uns die Feste nehmen???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 04, 2016, 11:09:00 am »
All the above ADDED

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: February 04, 2016, 11:11:56 am »
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: February 04, 2016, 11:13:46 am »
All dem NI fogits playing for IR, but not aloud Wales.

Is it because I am black Rommel? You fucking racist.
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
  • Wow Im unbanned :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 04, 2016, 11:18:59 am »
All dem NI fogits playing for IR, but not aloud Wales.

Is it because I am black Rommel? You fucking racist.

Actually, one of them is from NI, maybe 2. The others are from GB ^_^