Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71460 times)

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #420 on: January 28, 2013, 05:03:44 am »
ALL HAIL LORD THUNDERSNOW
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #421 on: January 28, 2013, 05:22:52 am »
Lol, this is why I love you Thundersnow. :D

ALL HAIL THE MAJESTIC GALACTIC OVERLORD!

Kielbasa!

Offline Bianco

• Second Lieutenant
  • Le 15e le pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 28, 2013, 05:30:06 am »
You have my sword.

Offline Ser Elliott

• First Lieutenant
  • The flood comes.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Guard_Jaguar
« Reply #423 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:00 am »
And my bow.
You have no idea how much cavalry players put practice in taking down grounded units, if the infantry regiments put in half the practice they would never complain about cavalry in the first place. Instead we get "oh cav is just op any retard can do it" thats just you being shit, not us being op.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #424 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:28 am »
AND MY AXE!

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 28, 2013, 05:34:08 am »
and my BAYOONETTZ/
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 28, 2013, 05:34:17 am »
And MY...

Spoiler
[close]

Kielbasa!

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #427 on: January 28, 2013, 05:36:07 am »
Spoiler
So after reading all this....what you're saying is....people should be not be allowed to fire while charging.

PS:  I painted this just for this thread.  I hope you enjoy!  I've titled it "Heartless".

[close]
This game an idea to make something scary.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #428 on: January 28, 2013, 05:36:14 am »
So after reading all this....what you're saying is....people should be not be allowed to fire while charging.

PS:  I painted this just for this thread.  I hope you enjoy!  I've titled it "Heartless".

That picture is so deep, the Prussians represent the community.

Offline Bianco

• Second Lieutenant
  • Le 15e le pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 28, 2013, 05:45:48 am »

I made a picture too

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 28, 2013, 05:47:35 am »
NOTHING COMPARES TO OVERLORD THUNDERSNOW  >:(
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 28, 2013, 06:02:53 am »
I'll give you my... Nose my Lord.  It's the only thing I have.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Mad_man1

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 28, 2013, 06:10:49 am »
I would just like to respond to this :

Alright, I know this is mostly a EU thing, but I feel this needs to be posted, because all of you are really starting to annoy me. I will also like to say that I am posting this as me and not an official admin. 

Okay, before I discuss about anything else I would like to get the thing that bothers me most out of the way.
I have not that much experience with the US administrative policy, some of the recent choices make me wonder though how the American side chooses admins, and from what I have heard from other admins that play on US1 at times as well, is that some of the new US1 admins are tripping balls with their new adminpowers, waiting for opportunities to flex their strength for the least offence.

Who the fuck are you to talk about the US administration when not a single admin I have spoke to has ever seen you on US1 before. As far as I am concerned, you have absolutely no place to talk about the US admin team. I feel sorry for the EU admin team that you are even acting this way while being an admin. In case you have forgotten, which you clearly have not since you talk so much about the professionalism administration is so important, you are acting completely out of line in accordance to admin regulations. I hope that someone sane enough sees that you are in no shape to hold the responsibility of admin, if you cannot even keep yourself professional in public. The same thing could be said about the EU admin team, but at least we have the respect to not talk about it in public, and rather keep it through PMs like we are supposed to do. The way you have presented yourself in this thread immediately shows me that you have no concern for the community and rather you wish to bash everyone you can possibly think of something to bash them about, for your own personal "Internet glory". This is absolutely unacceptable.

Now to address everyone rather than just the OP.

Have you all lost your minds?! We are playing a GAME this is not a bloody government! I don't care how many people know you in a online game that has no point at all in the world except to give others enjoyment. We are not building some kind of internet social hierarchy. Nobody is better than someone else. None of you have any right to tell FSE what to do with the community, and FSE has no right to tell the community to do. All you guys are doing is arguing over the most pointless in meaningless things in this life. This game is not real life. I can honestly and shamelessly say that Napoleonic Wars and Warband have been a enormous part of my life. Especially this past year. I spend hours a day playing and admining US1, so everyone can enjoy the game like it should be. I probably play more than just about 95% of the players. I spend countless hours of my free-time on this game and NEVER have I feet any amount of importance to anything. You should not either. I think we could all agree that Diplex is the most known NW player. That does not make him some kind of spokesperson or official. It does not make him any more important than you or I. So those of you acting as though you are some kind of icon and that if you say something FSE should listen and respond, you are completely out of your mind. You all are starting to disgust and annoy me with your constant rants and crying like children about how FSE is not doing things right with the community. FSE did not make the freaking community, you guys did. FSE made the game. You...Us. we made this community, and anything we feel is wrong, is our fault. Leave FSE alone about the community. Yes, they may have had some out there business practices with the community, but I think they have since learned. If you feel so strongly about FSE, going on THEIR forums and basically calling them useless is not going to solve anything. FSE is ABSOLUTELY taking the right path by telling you guys to pm all concerns to them. They DO deal with them. Just because something is not done the way you want it does not mean you have a right to decry the developers of this wonderful game, who were kind enough to give you a game for a cheap price that has stayed with you for such a long time. You cannot deny that you like this game, if you are so concerned about the community around it.

So in conclusion of what I have asked of you guys, please, for the sake of all of us, stop making fools of yourselves and just enjoy the damn game, and if you feel you can no longer find enjoyment in it, stop playing it. Nobody is making you play this game, and you all need to grow up and realize that.

If one of the developers or lead admins finds what I posted is wrong, I will gladly step down, because at least I might actually be able to enjoy the game without people acting as if I am some sort of idol. I just want to play and enjoy the game, I don't want people to watch and critique my every move.

You have shown to everyone that you don´t have the judgmental skills required of an admin and aren´t fit for the job !
You should be the first to go !

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 28, 2013, 06:32:02 am »
Hello.

1. That particular case has been closed for over 4 hours.

2. Nobody except those already in the leading admin positions can really decide who is fit for adminship and who is not, as they are the ones who know best.

3. Cruch has (if you had actually read the responses on this thread) stated multiple times that he has resigned from adminship.

It would do you well not to blurt out such things in such a manner.

Kielbasa!

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
« Reply #434 on: January 28, 2013, 06:40:29 am »
Well, I read Hekko's post and skimmed the rest (unfortunately having to sift through all that mindless +1, viva la revolution, you win one free internet, etc. drivel, c'mon guys) and am dumbfounded. I know I'm late to the party, but I'll throw in my two cents.

This has seemingly sprung out of nowhere and caught me completely off guard. Maybe I'm out of the loop (completely possible, as the Prussian Army tends to keep to ourselves), but I was largely unaware of these issues and in my eyes this has been blown completely out of proportion.

While Hekko presents some valid arguments, they could have been presented in a less inflammatory and preferably a more private manner. All this has accomplished so far is to widen the rift in our community (whose existence I, and I'm sure many others, weren't even aware of), and to incite the more immature and/or confrontational among us to hop on the band wagon as it were, and proceed to perpetuate this needless drama.

I've honestly never had a problem with an admin on the official servers and I'm all for strictness where it is called for. I generally hop on the public servers to relax after my classes, before starting on homework and such, and I'd rather not have to deal with children and/or immature "adults" antagonizing the admins and calling each other derogatory things like fa***t and n****r while I'm doing that. I'd hardly call it heavy handed. Behave on the public servers and you'll be fine. While admittedly I haven't been around as long as some, I've been playing on the official servers for about a year and a half and have yet to be warned by an admin, let alone banned.

As to the administration of the FSE (and Taleworlds) forums themselves, I think there are a couple of things which should be noted.

1. The Devs are busy people and have a bit more on their plates than just babysitting these forums. Much better in my opinion, to preemptively shut down potentially problematic threads and individuals before issues arise, rather than having to waste time moderating them down the road.

2. These guys aren't necessarily professionals when it comes to administrating forums. As has been stated, they are first and foremost coders, modelers, and the like. They are admins merely because it is their responsibility. That does not mean they are and should be inherently adept at the task.

3. Sure there have been a couple of terrible admins, but c'est la vie. You're gonna have shitheads wherever you go (and particularly so on the internet). Pinning the blame on the team as a whole is hardly fair.

4. In regards to nepotism, I'm really not all that surprised. It occurs everywhere to varying degrees and in a place like these forums, where the community is based solely upon the relationships and personal ties between individuals, it's inevitable. There's just no way to organize a complete meritocracy in this environment and FSE is going to appoint people they know and trust. Whether or not that trust is well-founded is another matter altogether.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, cut the team some slack. Do you think you or anyone else could do any better if placed in the same situation?

And please, everyone, stop acting like FSE is hell bent on oppressing you. I'm sure their primary objective is the alienation of their playerbase and potential customers. ::)

While some mismanagement has occurred and there are definitely issues to be addressed, this thread has done nothing but blow these things completely out of proportion, and these issues have unfortunately been manipulated by some (both willingly and unwillingly) to create divisions within the community. All I hope is that this can all be resolved in the most civil manner possible and without irreparable damage to the community.

Oh and one last thing. It was entirely uncalled for (and poor form) to insult the quality of the game (or DLC rather). That has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand and introduces a degree of bias to the argument. It's unfortunate that people are still upset about paying for the DLC, the melee changes, what have you, but it has no place here. It merely adds insult to injury and further alienates you from FSE. Same goes for any comments in regards to FSE's competency at running a business. Please, let's keep this about the community, not the game or the company.

That turned out much longer than expected, guess I'll be working later than I thought tonight. :-\

I know I'm in the minority here, and will likely take some flak for this, but I've got a busy week ahead of me so don't expect me to respond for a while. In other words, I'm a sitting duck! ;D

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:19:42 am by Rogov »