Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71467 times)

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2013, 11:49:11 pm »
100% Support from me, would love to see some change, especially the North-American side.

What do you mean?
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline av3ng3r

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 27, 2013, 11:50:09 pm »
C'mon guys, let's give this new system a chance first.

There is no new system

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #377 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:48 pm »
Spoiler
Ni, I think you are correct with most of your points.
Criticizing the US side may not have been the right thing to do, though he also didn't force that topic, but merely said that he had heard some things, so I wouldn't elaborate on the US administrations, since I haven't heard any NA players specifically voice their complaints about the US Administration.
As for the EU Administration I have also never really seen any injustice, since I seldomly frequent the Official Servers, though reading some of the posts here, the appointing of admins does seem quite biased. True, they are mostly well-known players, but not all of them and why would being well known make you a good admin. You can be on the server often and still have flaws, which would allow you to play on the server, but now admin it. Other players may not be on the servers often but would have the qualities which are necessary. So that point is in my view invalid.
The rest I can agree on.

Spoiler
Some kisses for you!  :-* :-* :-*
[close]

First of thank you Jackie for putting some points forward  :-* I only mentioned the US side as I see due to Hekko's silly accusations a valued member of the US team is lost, which I know Crunch was since I mid-night raid from time to time  :P

I mentioned well known why? Simple to show the logic that well known players shouldn't be admin doesn't make sence, if that aren't active on the server then what is the point? I am not saying its the only quality that should be looked for but its should be one, the reason being as I mentioned above. EU admins are decided upon by the invitation of the head admin and Vince sometimes. This system is different than US. Not saying its better, not saying its worse. Some of the aggressive tones have come because Hekko's friend didn't get admin, I will keep my views on that in the place they are meant to be, as we all agreed to the rules that came with being an Official admin, to which I want to follow. How can one enforce the rules if he does not follow them?

Spoiler
Well after reading through this thread for the last 20mins, I can't say I am surprised. Yes, the team made some weird decisions and things where getting out of control (Craigs ban, and only Craigs ban). Some of the insulting remarks is horrendous in this thread. Read through the thread again when you aren't high as a kite looking for drama, which I know for a fact some of you are. Look at what "community" you make us out to be. Not one I would want to be apart of and one I am thankful I know in reality it isn't.

Firstly lets get down to the server administration. Of which there is a lot I could say on the issue however I will keep it brief to the topics already mentioned as this isn't the place to bring up more. EU server, how many of you have been wronged by the admin, I repeat, ADMIN, not dev. I couldn't imagine the list is long. I have played on many games and we are quite lucky for the EU server and team we have. I admit we do make some mistakes, however it isn't out of ill-will, we are doing this TO HELP other players, obviously. Hence why if you ask for an admin in the chat we try and address your concern or when you message us on steam, we try and help you out. Sure there are some questionable people in the team and more thinking needs to be done before appointing more admins. There is a big uproar about "well known people getting admin". Tell me, how do you become well know? More than likely being on the server, which is pretty key when selecting an admin, so I do not understand that logic.

On to the US team. Quite frankly I have no idea how any EU member can critise them. Tell me Hekko, how many times have you been on the US server? I bet its not more than I have. You have no idea the difference and the hard job US admins have. So please, don't start busting out wild accusations by saying you heard this or that just as a way to attack FSE.

Now onto the main point. Forum administration. I think the real issue here is, rules are not specific enough and perhaps there just isn't enough coverage. I have seen plenty of pathetic drama on this forum, some of it is funny I must admit, some of it is just boring and lame (51st name). I do not agree, as previously stated with Craigs ban, was a tad heavy handed, which must be avoided so that a forum can be what it should. A place of free discussion, ideas etc. I understand that inorder to grow the community the forums need to be a welcoming place and lets be fair, we as a community somewhat fail on that one. We can not solely blame FSE team for it, however they should take some heat for their role played, of which is being over reacted upon in this thread.

Reading through this thread I saw little but pity arguing with only a few posts worth reading. We need to rethink the struct of the forum and how and what should be punished and how. With a clear and transparent system so that people know whats happening and why.

I hope that this post will be taken in the light it was wrote in and not simply bashed. I also hope you provide something to the discussion so that we can finally put this community to rest. Which btw is far more peaceful than some of the other ones I have and still am in (total war...my goodness lol).

Bai.
No that was not the point... i suggest you read it again, the point is that people that really do an effort for this game get cracked down and people that get invited to join, raise eyebrows in the community
[close]
Could you be more specific with what you are referring to as I don't understand what you are talking about.

Well, no. This was never a lynch mob. If people want to get up and /quit instead of constructive discussion then in my eyes that shows something. No-one is saying "OMG U GOTZ 2 QUIT". I didn't even want Kitty removed, i don't know her, i dont have an opinion on her at all. What i question is the general management and hypocritical decisions. If that causes people to act prematurely so be it. Littleguy stood up preparted to take the flak on himself, and i commend that.
[close]

While yes I agree admins should have thick skin..you have no idea the abuse an admin gets in US1. People in the EU server wouldn't dare do it, thats how much of a difference there is...atleast since I was last there. I think Deo and Little have went great ways to making it a better place.

However Crunch is a simple admin, gets abuse every day on the server and then it turns to getting abuse on this forum and from an apparent admin who knows, seemly, nothing about Crunch nor the US server. To be honest, I wouldn't even bother debating the subject around that section since Hekko is only basing it on rumors. However obviously this has been the last straw and sadly the US team loses a valued member. As to the other resignations, sure nobody asked for them, however the all so called evil people stepped down. Probably because they aren't in this to get childish remarks thrown at them every 2 seconds so being fed up and quitting is hardly a dishonorable or bad thing. What is important is that the lost of these people creates important change for everyone.

Spoiler
Ni, I think you are correct with most of your points.
Criticizing the US side may not have been the right thing to do, though he also didn't force that topic, but merely said that he had heard some things, so I wouldn't elaborate on the US administrations, since I haven't heard any NA players specifically voice their complaints about the US Administration.
As for the EU Administration I have also never really seen any injustice, since I seldomly frequent the Official Servers, though reading some of the posts here, the appointing of admins does seem quite biased. True, they are mostly well-known players, but not all of them and why would being well known make you a good admin. You can be on the server often and still have flaws, which would allow you to play on the server, but now admin it. Other players may not be on the servers often but would have the qualities which are necessary. So that point is in my view invalid.
The rest I can agree on.

Spoiler
Some kisses for you!  :-* :-* :-*
[close]

First of thank you Jackie for putting some points forward  :-* I only mentioned the US side as I see due to Hekko's silly accusations a valued member of the US team is lost, which I know Crunch was since I mid-night raid from time to time  :P

I mentioned well known why? Simple to show the logic that well known players shouldn't be admin doesn't make sence, if that aren't active on the server then what is the point? I am not saying its the only quality that should be looked for but its should be one, the reason being as I mentioned above. EU admins are decided upon by the invitation of the head admin and Vince sometimes. This system is different than US. Not saying its better, not saying its worse. Some of the aggressive tones have come because Hekko's friend didn't get admin, I will keep my views on that in the place they are meant to be, as we all agreed to the rules that came with being an Official admin, to which I want to follow. How can one enforce the rules if he does not follow them?
Ah, well I might have phrased a bit mysteriously or simply incorrect there. :P
Well-known doesn't necessarily need you being active on that server. You can be active on it, but not be known at all, simply because you do not communicate much or aren't brilliant at melee. You are quite right that the admins should be active on the server and I was wrong saying that they don't have to be, since if they are not, how can they be up to date. Still that shouldn't be the soul criteria in my opinion.
As for Hekko breaking the admin rules, I already said, that I doubt he'd have achieved much by sticking to the admin circles instead of the normal community. Again I might be mistaken here, since I know close to nothing about the EU admins.
Point is, Hekko achieved something, which lots of people wanted. He might have broken the rules, but he also said he was aware of the consequences his post might have. I respect his move and I would also forgive his breaking of the rules, simply because I know him to be a respectable person and not a notorious rulebreaker.
[close]

Yes but, they will be known to admins. Why? Because they would be pointing out stuff, trying to enforce the rules as it is. They should be showing enough desire that admins are bound to know them. But I agree and did say so in my post, not the soul criteria.

Well, it could have waited as things WHERE being discussed but he decided to go ahead and post this anyway for whatever reason. Its done, I am not going to debate the right and wrong about it, he decided to do it, I am just saying that I won't bring anything up that should be.

However there is nothing wrong with the servers as the moment, I think that would be the general acceptance. Atleast I think, there doesn't seem to be much clarity on what people want  :-\ Bar something about a revolution. Atleast I have you to bounce issues back and fourth with Jackie  :-*

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #378 on: January 27, 2013, 11:58:51 pm »

There is no new system
There is in fact. If you don't see it in clarity yet, you will at some point.

Kielbasa!

Offline Skyz

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Hour Kills the Patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 27, 2013, 11:59:04 pm »

I have not that much experience with the US administrative policy, some of the recent choices make me wonder though how the American side chooses admins, and from what I have heard from other admins that play on US1 at times as well, is that some of the new US1 admins are tripping balls with their new adminpowers, waiting for opportunities to flex their strength for the least offence.

100% true

Offline Hoffmann

• Sergeant
  • Your Glorious Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [13te] Uffz.Hoffmann
« Reply #380 on: January 28, 2013, 12:00:00 am »
I do support Hekko's point. Hekko, you sir have some balls... Take all the respect you'd like.

Offline av3ng3r

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 28, 2013, 12:03:25 am »

There is no new system
There is in fact. If you don't see it in clarity yet, you will at some point.

The FSE team is laughing at your naivety

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #382 on: January 28, 2013, 12:04:49 am »
Or you could give them time to proof themselves?

If you don't allow them to rectify mistakes and try to fix them in a way that they think will work better, then you shouldn't be posting here.
Then you should just leave the game entirely.  :-\
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #383 on: January 28, 2013, 12:06:42 am »
Think what you will, but there are noticeable changes that you will see in the coming days. I only hope you will discontinue the disrespectful attitude you have now; I don't want to see anyone else get warned/moderated/muted/banned for an escalated temper.

Kielbasa!

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 28, 2013, 12:09:12 am »
This went from trying to persuade new ways to the FSE staff to trying to personally and emotionally harm the FSE staff.
I will say that this community is way more messed up then the staff.
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #385 on: January 28, 2013, 12:09:54 am »
This went from trying to persuade new ways to the FSE staff to trying to personally and emotionally harm the FSE staff.
+1

Offline Salt

• Major
  • We really out here
    • View Profile
  • Nick: bless
« Reply #386 on: January 28, 2013, 12:11:30 am »

It's a shame that there are some members of the community incapable of mature discussion.  :(
I'm the reincarnated Who- with no talent.

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 28, 2013, 12:12:36 am »
I don't know crunch. And Hekko barely said anything about the US admins. But yes, they should have a thicker skin. -My- experience of US admining has been bad, so i can sympathise with the oposition on this one, that not to say all US admins are cunts, merely that it's not been to a high standard, and is more people playing the game and banning people when they want, than doing a good job of keeping the server integrity and good moderation. I see racism and slurs which admins ignore 2/3 times i am on that server, to the point that i just take it as part of the attitude over there(although again, this isn't directed at any of the candidates in question).

There was no conspiracy to slander people's individual reputation, but to bring to bare many things that people have noticed. I will go out on a limb and say that Hekko has done more for NW since launch than anyone, including the Devs. The Devs coded sure, but every improvement has been due to Hekko'#s relenntless atiitude, every INTERESTING piece of gameplay has been due to Hekko's organisation. He should be on the bloody payroll, if it wasn't for him many more players would have left.(This isn't a serious demand, just an illustartion of his importance)

I don't think i said a bad word about FSE till NW came out. In fact i was a staunch supporter of the "Pay for the DLC, the Devs of this mod deserve it". It was pointed out in another thread that people may be letting past grievances interupt other issues. But the fact that these past grievances have either not been resolved or not resolved in a satisfactory or competant manner is a big deal to me.

ink what you will, but there are noticeable changes that you will see in the coming days. I only hope you will discontinue the disrespectful attitude you have now; I don't want to see anyone else get warned/moderated/muted/banned for an escalated temper.
The number one change I would like to see is a bit more respect for people who got their mod and the possibility of their own game coming out to where it is today. And no, again, not me. Just in general.
Quote from: Xeroth on Today at 12:09:12 am

+1

Explain how please? How are we trying to hurt them. As i said, i can look through the names of posters and link them to the names of alot of donators fopr BCoF. Some have given an incredible amount.

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
« Reply #388 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:20 am »
+1
Lol. Go suck up to the admins more please. This community is fucked up due to the way it's run, it's not that hard to comprehend.

Offline av3ng3r

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:35 am »
Think what you will, but there are noticeable changes that you will see in the coming days. I only hope you will discontinue the disrespectful attitude you have now; I don't want to see anyone else get warned/moderated/muted/banned for an escalated temper.

I don't think it. I have it on good evidence....