Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71439 times)

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2013, 09:58:48 pm »
Completely agree with you Millander, making a thread like this is only going to be worse for the community, it has gone from pointing out flaws in a civil manner, to picking as many holes as you can because something as little as retiring the 51st number has rubbed you up the wrong way or something.

It looks to me more like anger and resentment. If they were happy with the way things were run it wouldn't be satisfying to complain. The 51st number seems more like a trigger than a cause to me.

The 51st number? Or the 51st in-game regiment which we paid for?

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2013, 09:59:02 pm »
You guys do all realize that we can't gain control of the public servers or forums - no matter how long this debate goes on for - don't you?

Offline LittleGuy

• Second Lieutenant
  • NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LittleGuy
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2013, 09:59:21 pm »

What about the amount of people calling each other names and shit on US 1? saying eachother are bad at this and that spamming it 24/7 and i dont want to say names.
[/quote]

Calling someone bad does not concern me as long as there is no racist slur someone within the message. Calling people names is frowned upon, but not ban worthy unless it is a threat RL, and/or a racist slur.

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2013, 09:59:26 pm »
I am currently a head admin for the US1 side of things, and I take full responsibility for any actions both admissible and inadmissible by my admin team. I have even gone so far as to personally apologize to those who have been wrongly banned, or had admin powers misused on them. Yes, we do have new admins, and yes our current method of selecting admin may seem like a popularity contest as far as the actual process goes. It goes something like this.

1. We post a thread asking for people to apply for an admin position.

2. All of the admin candidates are then added to a list and mailed to every admin on the team.

3. The admins list the candidates in to three different groups labeled "I think this person would make a good admin" "I have had issue with this person in the past and do not feel they would make a good admin, please explain if you put them here." and "Who the heck is this?"

We do this so that we can gather information on the persons past. Any rule breaking, trolling, bans etc.. This is also used to ensure that the admin team works well together, and we try to avoid any infighting as that just causes problems.

4. We tally up all the Yes/Nos each person got and drop the people will shady pasts, bans for breaking certain rules, and add the group of people that the current admin team agrees will work best.

5. We watch, and remove any admins we feel are misusing their powers even after warnings, and rectify any wrongdoing with the intent on making those admins better as they learn to handle their new position of hatred and disdain amongst the  community.

So no, our process is not perfect, and there is most certainly a period of training that comes with adding a batch of new admins. There are a few things in this game that do not help though. The inclusion of fluff admin guns and weapons that normal players don't get a chance to use does not help us. The draw of these new "toys" is simply too much for a new admin sometimes. And the only way to punish people and remove them from the game is either an hour long or a perma ban. These issues will hopefully be fixed in BCoF.

As far as my admin team's actions go. Yes, there have been mistakes, and most have been rectified. If Crunch does end up resigning, I will be sad to see him go. He above all others with the exception of myself and Deo who have to decide when someone actually gets unbanned has faced more hate and trolling than anyone else on the US1 team and has handled it far better than most would. He has become a great admin since he was added to the roster, and is both fair and logical in his decisions when it comes to banning and punishment. He even gives warnings when he's not supposed to. -_-

At any rate, as I said before. I take full responsibility for all actions taken by my team.

Unless you are a previous 92nd member, i dont know you personally. However, i (on behalf of all who wish me to) would like to say that this isn't a witch hunt, those who are iunnocent, respectfull and caring of the communities opinions, shouldnt be put in a position that they feel the need to apologize, again, Hekko didn't want this to be a witch hunt. If americans think you are at fault then that's another issue :P But, at least in my opinion, this is an issue with the devs rather than a few rogue admins who fuck shit up.

Maybe i'm wrong, in which case, as always, my disclaimer is just ignore me and say im a cock.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2013, 09:59:31 pm »
Completely agree with you Millander, making a thread like this is only going to be worse for the community, it has gone from pointing out flaws in a civil manner, to picking as many holes as you can because something as little as retiring the 51st number has rubbed you up the wrong way or something.

It looks to me more like anger and resentment. If they were happy with the way things were run it wouldn't be satisfying to complain. The 51st number seems more like a trigger than a cause to me.

The 51st number? Or the 51st in-game regiment which we paid for?

Number that a regiment was called, not the in game class

Offline ThatSillyLucas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ThatSillyLucas
  • Side: Union
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
Please dont involve the french anthem to this topic its out of the context :p

Offline Tiberius Decimus Maximus

• Private
  • ...Much obliged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2013, 10:00:25 pm »
I rarely get involved in this community, except for a few isolated jaunts into Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars, but recent events have caught my attention here. And while I get why there is some internal conflict within the "revolutionaries", as it were, I think it is valuable to take a step back and marvel at this:

"The main administrator of the forum actually made his girlfriend an administrator."

For those who defend them on behalf of the fact that they made the game, well, you would have been right a couple years ago when the group was a non-commercial modding group. However, they are now a fully independent, commercial game development studio, and they should put on their big boy britches, mature to criticism, and act like it.

That's my two cents. I'll be generous to myself and call it reason. 'Tis easy to get caught up in all this, so I thought I'd share my thoughts, is all. Hopefully I will be allowed to continue doing so in the days ahead. Thank you for your consideration.

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2013, 10:00:45 pm »
You guys do all realize that we can't gain control of the public servers or forums - no matter how long this debate goes on for - don't you?

I do, what i want is equal respect for all. I don't want any praise or position I just want a civil community (This is the oath  :D)
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
  • Side: Union
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2013, 10:01:10 pm »
Remember those souls we have lost, for questioning the hierarchy.
#biggun
#dan
#jezza
#craig

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2013, 10:03:29 pm »

I think alot of the 'vets' don't care about this, sorry. Many regiments have the ability to host servers(infact the 200 man battle servers ruin battle, too big, too messy, imo), and probably 60%+ of this thread dont play battle anymore since NW.

Groupfighting( Hekko's ideal, as the one who formulates the EU cup and GF tournies) has become the preffered place to play for many players. All that is is another negative that FSE does little to foster this community it says it supports, when it does nothing to help towards the competitve multiplayer spirit of a multiplayer focused DLC it made.

Offline Blade

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bladeson
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:10 pm »
#biggun
#dan
#jezza
#craig

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:29 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Popular thread.

Anyways, I disagree. Just don't get into trouble, don't start drama and just worry about yourself and you'll be fine.
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2013, 10:05:17 pm »
#biggun
#dan
#jezza
#craig
Hate to bring it to you lad, but Dan was hardly trying to do anything he believed in. Unless he believes in trolling of course.

If you look at Hekko's OP, you will surely  notice the grand difference between approuches and also between what kind of end result both people would like to see.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline GrantyPooh

• First Sergeant
  • Old Nosey
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GrantyPooh.
« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2013, 10:05:43 pm »
#biggun
#dan
#jezza
#craig
and #cherry

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2013, 10:05:53 pm »
For all of you who sent me abusive steam messages, I got at least 6, please stop, just because I do not agree with Hekko.