Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71468 times)

Offline Akira

• Private
  • Swords master and Bayonet blunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Akira
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2013, 09:51:11 pm »

Official song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:54:23 pm by Akira »

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2013, 09:52:15 pm »
Summarizes allot of this thread

red62: vince roast
red62: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2645.195
[32ndRD]  Millander: juast a bunch of forum drama
[32ndRD]  Millander: people taking the forums way to serious
[32ndRD]  Millander: threads like this are doing more to hurt the community than help it.
red62: its fun do
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2013, 09:52:35 pm »

Official song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g[/youtube]

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2013, 09:53:17 pm »
#UnbanDan

Offline Blade

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bladeson
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2013, 09:53:58 pm »
#UnbanDan

I agree, we should unban the poor souls. Hatake, Biggun, Daniel and Cherry.

Offline Hutker

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Huss_Lt_Hutker
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2013, 09:54:01 pm »
Agreed with hekko.

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2013, 09:55:05 pm »

Offline GrantyPooh

• First Sergeant
  • Old Nosey
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GrantyPooh.
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2013, 09:55:14 pm »
#UnbanDan

Also #unbanBiggun  #unbanCraig

Offline LittleGuy

• Second Lieutenant
  • NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LittleGuy
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2013, 09:55:18 pm »
I am currently a head admin for the US1 side of things, and I take full responsibility for any actions both admissible and inadmissible by my admin team. I have even gone so far as to personally apologize to those who have been wrongly banned, or had admin powers misused on them. Yes, we do have new admins, and yes our current method of selecting admin may seem like a popularity contest as far as the actual process goes. It goes something like this.

1. We post a thread asking for people to apply for an admin position.

2. All of the admin candidates are then added to a list and mailed to every admin on the team.

3. The admins list the candidates in to three different groups labeled "I think this person would make a good admin" "I have had issue with this person in the past and do not feel they would make a good admin, please explain if you put them here." and "Who the heck is this?"

We do this so that we can gather information on the persons past. Any rule breaking, trolling, bans etc.. This is also used to ensure that the admin team works well together, and we try to avoid any infighting as that just causes problems.

4. We tally up all the Yes/Nos each person got and drop the people will shady pasts, bans for breaking certain rules, and add the group of people that the current admin team agrees will work best.

5. We watch, and remove any admins we feel are misusing their powers even after warnings, and rectify any wrongdoing with the intent on making those admins better as they learn to handle their new position of hatred and disdain amongst the  community.

So no, our process is not perfect, and there is most certainly a period of training that comes with adding a batch of new admins. There are a few things in this game that do not help though. The inclusion of fluff admin guns and weapons that normal players don't get a chance to use does not help us. The draw of these new "toys" is simply too much for a new admin sometimes. And the only way to punish people and remove them from the game is either an hour long or a perma ban. These issues will hopefully be fixed in BCoF.

As far as my admin team's actions go. Yes, there have been mistakes, and most have been rectified. If Crunch does end up resigning, I will be sad to see him go. He above all others with the exception of myself and Deo who have to decide when someone actually gets unbanned has faced more hate and trolling than anyone else on the US1 team and has handled it far better than most would. He has become a great admin since he was added to the roster, and is both fair and logical in his decisions when it comes to banning and punishment. He even gives warnings when he's not supposed to. -_-

At any rate, as I said before. I take full responsibility for all actions taken by my team.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2013, 09:55:26 pm »
#UnbanDan

I agree, we should unban the poor souls. Hatake, Biggun, Daniel and Cherry.
Don't forget Craig

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2013, 09:56:06 pm »
Summarizes allot of this thread

red62: vince roast
red62: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2645.195
[32ndRD]  Millander: juast a bunch of forum drama
[32ndRD]  Millander: people taking the forums way to serious
[32ndRD]  Millander: threads like this are doing more to hurt the community than help it.
red62: its fun do

Completely agree with you Millander, making a thread like this is only going to be worse for the community, it has gone from pointing out flaws in a civil manner, to picking as many holes as you can because something as little as retiring the 51st number has rubbed you up the wrong way or something.

Offline 2oothBrush

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2oothBrush
« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2013, 09:56:53 pm »
#UnbanDan

Offline Akira

• Private
  • Swords master and Bayonet blunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Akira
« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2013, 09:57:06 pm »
I am currently a head admin for the US1 side of things, and I take full responsibility for any actions both admissible and inadmissible by my admin team. I have even gone so far as to personally apologize to those who have been wrongly banned, or had admin powers misused on them. Yes, we do have new admins, and yes our current method of selecting admin may seem like a popularity contest as far as the actual process goes. It goes something like this.

1. We post a thread asking for people to apply for an admin position.

2. All of the admin candidates are then added to a list and mailed to every admin on the team.

3. The admins list the candidates in to three different groups labeled "I think this person would make a good admin" "I have had issue with this person in the past and do not feel they would make a good admin, please explain if you put them here." and "Who the heck is this?"

We do this so that we can gather information on the persons past. Any rule breaking, trolling, bans etc.. This is also used to ensure that the admin team works well together, and we try to avoid any infighting as that just causes problems.

4. We tally up all the Yes/Nos each person got and drop the people will shady pasts, bans for breaking certain rules, and add the group of people that the current admin team agrees will work best.

5. We watch, and remove any admins we feel are misusing their powers even after warnings, and rectify any wrongdoing with the intent on making those admins better as they learn to handle their new position of hatred and disdain amongst the  community.

So no, our process is not perfect, and there is most certainly a period of training that comes with adding a batch of new admins. There are a few things in this game that do not help though. The inclusion of fluff admin guns and weapons that normal players don't get a chance to use does not help us. The draw of these new "toys" is simply too much for a new admin sometimes. And the only way to punish people and remove them from the game is either an hour long or a perma ban. These issues will hopefully be fixed in BCoF.

As far as my admin team's actions go. Yes, there have been mistakes, and most have been rectified. If Crunch does end up resigning, I will be sad to see him go. He above all others with the exception of myself and Deo who have to decide when someone actually gets unbanned has faced more hate and trolling than anyone else on the US1 team and has handled it far better than most would. He has become a great admin since he was added to the roster, and is both fair and logical in his decisions when it comes to banning and punishment. He even gives warnings when he's not supposed to. -_-

At any rate, as I said before. I take full responsibility for all actions taken by my team.
What about the amount of people calling each other names and shit on US 1? saying eachother are bad at this and that spamming it 24/7 and i dont want to say names.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #238 on: January 27, 2013, 09:57:42 pm »
Completely agree with you Millander, making a thread like this is only going to be worse for the community, it has gone from pointing out flaws in a civil manner, to picking as many holes as you can because something as little as retiring the 51st number has rubbed you up the wrong way or something.

It looks to me more like anger and resentment. If they were happy with the way things were run it wouldn't be satisfying to complain. The 51st number seems more like a trigger than a cause to me.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 27, 2013, 09:58:33 pm »

It looks to me more like anger and resentment. If they were happy with the way things were run it wouldn't be satisfying to complain. The 51st number seems more like a trigger than a cause to me.

The trigger was 1.06 melee, this is the "click"
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic