Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71467 times)

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
  • Watch out! He has a stick!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Affjoris
  • Side: Union
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2013, 09:39:10 pm »
I honestly am only waiting for some sort of excuse of the FSE team. I don't want their head on a plate, nor do i want a completely new admin team.

The only thing i desire from this whole drama is a message from vince/olafson/whoever is going to represent FSE which is saying:

Sorry for the mess we created, we made some mistakes. It all was a terrible misunderstanding from our side, and a bit of your side as well. We hereby declare that Daniel Craig and all those others who where muted/banned will be unbanned, and that we will do our very best to avoid mistakes in the future. We hope you forgive us.

That's all i freaking want. I need no new admin team, i just need a fair way to decide who is going to be one. If windbusche where to become an admin i would be fine with that, he has been in this community long enough and most people know him. They may not agree with his point of view, but at least he has ment something for the community in those months/years he has been involved in it. Everyone here has "enemies" in this community, be it because of personal issues or trough regiments disliking each other.

Also i would like to see a bit less involvement from the FSE with the community,  i am totally fine with all the other community managers. Its just because if they stay this involved in this community, it wont be long until a similar problem as this will pop up again. Just stepping down a notch, and just post in treads, help people with technical issues, would only benefit the community imo.

Offline Akira

• Private
  • Swords master and Bayonet blunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Akira
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2013, 09:39:20 pm »
Since everyone is clearly ungrateful of what the US administration team is doing, and our own team members from the other side clearly think we are doing things wrong, I will be resigning from the administration team and will have my formal letter wrote out and posted soon. Thanks for the time everyone, maybe now I can actually enjoy the game like I used to.
Good, you were never fit for an admin position.
Bit harsh?
Maybe, but nobody can deny it.
You should of never have gotten it in first place you were not up for the admin position nor' were you capable of being a good admin
What? Me? I was never an admin.
Not you nipple i respect you i was talking about crunch.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2013, 09:40:01 pm »
I think it is clear that though we have different ideas and opinions, the majority of people here seem to agree things are done unproffesionally and should be changed.

Now, we should look to ourselves to create said change. Things indeed balanced - lets wait for an official FSE reply.
FSE is trying to wait for us to wait quitly for a reply, and then not reply and let it die.  ::)

Keep the fires stoked until Vince comes.
Then you can wait for a long time as Vince should be programming, it is the job of the Community Managers to respond and not Vincenzo.
Though I also recall that people should message the CM and not post threads all over the place. :)
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2013, 09:40:17 pm »
Ugh. This community is in shambles. I'm going to demand you all stop and think about this. To do so, I will provide you all with the ingredients to do so.

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Now that you're all greased up for education, let's reflect back on what I've said previously. I'm not biased, and what I said is probably the least biased thing here. So start reading.

Spoiler
Alright, look. So many people are here, so many are involved. Whether or not everyone here likes each other, doesn't even matter.

The fact is: the community is upset. Labeling them as douchebags for it is wrong. However, the fact that the developers do put a lot of work into the game specifically for the community, is just as true.

We can argue, and argue, and argue. I've done it so many times in the past in this bloody community. This community has predators, preys, parasites, producers... but a lot more predators and parasites than there should be. Let's stop trying to suck each others blood and just work on fixing the actual problem.

From what I've gathered, the community is mad about a lot of things. I haven't had a severe problem with it, until today I had no problem with it at all, but there are honestly plenty of genuine problems here. Locking this thread isn't going to do the mods/admins any good, and making this a bigger flame than it already is will just put the community into a bigger hole with the mods/admins.

I'd recommend peaceful conclusions. Perhaps the community can take the time out of a day to sit down with the current admins, developers, etc., and figure out the simplest way things can be solved. Not to argue, but to cooperate. This doesn't need to turn into an internet war.

May I suggest starting with things that would improve us all as a community as a whole, members, mods, and all; current admin selection/selecting a better fit group of admins; repealing/altering the Sports Jersey/Regiment Name retiring nonsense; determining a better selection of testers for betas rather than "best buddies" and "famous advertisers". Expanding on that last one, playtesters should be selected for their knowledge of what their doing, not so they can experience the game first because they're liked by the developers.

I could go on and on and on with this, but that would contradict myself. We need to quickly find something to fix these messes, each in a well-looked-at manner. Take my recommendations, or not, but dare I say someone needs to take action--because no one currently is.
No no, now this isn't even right. Guys, calm down, and try to resolve this. This is seriously turning into the most retarded thing ever (and I use retarded with the definition provided in your average dictionary): an internet war. Look better upon yourselves, all you, loyalists and rebels alike, for I have no intent on picking either side, because both are so flawed and so biased beyond disrepair. For this reason, I declare myself a free, separate state of neutralist, that I wish for this to all be mutually appeased, in that I've had enough, and I'm sure there are several others who agree with me, with half the balls I do to declare it. That said, don't pick sides. Just make things better.
[close]

Please, community, this game and the 1% of its community that I actually enjoy saved me from my depression and anxiety. Don't let it come back, as a personal request from me to you all. No one truly wants heads on spikes, no one truly wants a war... so please, stop this nonsense, and change your diapers.
I believe the admins are only stoking the fire by not replying. Instead of taking your advice  ::)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2013, 09:41:43 pm »
Akira, I don't even know you, but at least I will be making some people in this community happy with my choice.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2013, 09:41:51 pm »
Please, some people need to refocus. There have been plenty of blunders by the devs/admins. I dont hate them, in fact i really try to support them(you can lol) Diplex has donated a fuck ton of money to BCoF and he is in this thread(sorry if i am speaking for you Diplex or i am in the wrong, feel free to state that if so) agreeing with Hekko.

Most players here loved MM, and are bitterly dissapointed with multiple things, how the game turned, how the community turned, and how the Devs and admins have turned.

This isn't just some revolution, and Hekko is just as aware as anyone that this isn't a "revolution", there is no "winning" of a revolution, i believe it was more to highlight that there are alot of unhappy people, and that things should be adressed sooner rather than later. No longer ignored.

For now it is just a big complaint but there are no reasonable solutions made. You (not you Vorlen specific but the most people in here) are just telling the FSE that they are shit. Don't forget they made this game.

Btw: This is only my personal opinion and I do not speak for the FSE team or any other official admins.

Offline red.h

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2013, 09:41:54 pm »
I honestly am only waiting for some sort of excuse of the FSE team. I don't want their head on a plate, nor do i want a completely new admin team.

The only thing i desire from this whole drama is a message from vince/olafson/whoever is going to represent FSE which is saying:

Sorry for the mess we created, we made some mistakes. It all was a terrible misunderstanding from our side, and a bit of your side as well. We hereby declare that Daniel Craig and all those others who where muted/banned will be unbanned, and that we will do our very best to avoid mistakes in the future. We hope you forgive us.

That's all i freaking want. I need no new admin team, i just need a fair way to decide who is going to be one. If windbusche where to become an admin i would be fine with that, he has been in this community long enough and most people know him. They may not agree with his point of view, but at least he has ment something for the community in those months/years he has been involved in it. Everyone here has "enemies" in this community, be it because of personal issues or trough regiments disliking each other.

Also i would like to see a bit less involvement from the FSE with the community,  i am totally fine with all the other community managers. Its just because if they stay this involved in this community, it wont be long until a similar problem as this will pop up again. Just stepping down a notch, and just post in treads, help people with technical issues, would only benefit the community imo.

>fse mods apologizing

My sides

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2013, 09:42:38 pm »
I'm with Audite and Affjoris on this. We want play a fun game, with good admins and serious Devs.

Offline Akira

• Private
  • Swords master and Bayonet blunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Akira
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2013, 09:44:11 pm »
You are 100% correct, Hekko. It's also amusing how many people in this thread are suddenly agreeing with Hekko when they've been sucking admin dick for ages, playing along with the bullshit, and generally helping this game sink lower than the titanic.

There's no way in hell I'm buying BCOF in state things are now.
You speak words of wisdom.

Offline Chibbi

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2013, 09:44:21 pm »
Please, some people need to refocus. There have been plenty of blunders by the devs/admins. I dont hate them, in fact i really try to support them(you can lol) Diplex has donated a fuck ton of money to BCoF and he is in this thread(sorry if i am speaking for you Diplex or i am in the wrong, feel free to state that if so) agreeing with Hekko.

Most players here loved MM, and are bitterly dissapointed with multiple things, how the game turned, how the community turned, and how the Devs and admins have turned.

This isn't just some revolution, and Hekko is just as aware as anyone that this isn't a "revolution", there is no "winning" of a revolution, i believe it was more to highlight that there are alot of unhappy people, and that things should be adressed sooner rather than later. No longer ignored.

Agreed. This thread is starting to get a real Salem vibe to it aswell. People turning on each other all over the place.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2013, 09:44:23 pm »
I'm with Audite and Affjoris on this. We want play a fun game, with good admins and serious Devs.
Exactly.

Offline red.h

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2013, 09:45:01 pm »
You are 100% correct, Hekko. It's also amusing how many people in this thread are suddenly agreeing with Hekko when they've been sucking admin dick for ages, playing along with the bullshit, and generally helping this game sink lower than the titanic.

There's no way in hell I'm buying BCOF in state things are now.
You speak words of wisdom.

BCOF was just another way for them to suck your money out with a shitty game. Except this time, it's worse because they're using their own engine.

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2013, 09:45:25 pm »
I'm not mad about the game, even though I'm bitterly disappointed about a number of things in NW. My main concern is the that this is meant to be a public forum and people simply get banned or muted for stating their opinion, it just creates a negative feeling.

Offline Chaos

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2013, 09:45:41 pm »
Admins... cmon, you're only making the situation worse by not replying.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2013, 09:45:46 pm »
nor do i want a completely new admin team.

Upon realizing my misspeak, may I point out, that only the "abusive" admins should critiqued, and furtherly removed from duty, if so required. A community-based selection of administrators would prove well, as the corrupted system of admins-assign-admins and admins-decline-responsible-players-in-contrast-to-the-people-they-personally-like has not been working, according to a lot of people.