Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71465 times)

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2013, 09:31:03 pm »
I am waiting for Vince's reply to all this :D

Yes, that is what it feels like he is doing, haha

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline red.h

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2013, 09:32:04 pm »
Hey Crunch, look right below your forum name. Without the community, BCoF would fail.

BCoF is going to fail, its going to have shitty melee and FSE can't make their own engine for shit

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2013, 09:32:08 pm »
I think it is clear that though we have different ideas and opinions, the majority of people here seem to agree things are done unproffesionally and should be changed.

Now, we should look to ourselves to create said change. Things indeed balanced - lets wait for an official FSE reply.
FSE is trying to wait for us to wait quitly for a reply, and then not reply and let it die.  ::)

Keep the fires stoked until Vince comes.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2013, 09:32:54 pm »
Since everyone is clearly ungrateful of what the US administration team is doing, and our own team members from the other side clearly think we are doing things wrong, I will be resigning from the administration team and will have my formal letter wrote out and posted soon. Thanks for the time everyone, maybe now I can actually enjoy the game like I used to.
Good, you were never fit for an admin position.

Bit harsh?
Maybe, but nobody can deny it.

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2013, 09:34:25 pm »
Since everyone is clearly ungrateful of what the US administration team is doing, and our own team members from the other side clearly think we are doing things wrong, I will be resigning from the administration team and will have my formal letter wrote out and posted soon. Thanks for the time everyone, maybe now I can actually enjoy the game like I used to.

Bit harsh?

Its the fact he Tried For the community. He's done more than others....

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2013, 09:35:09 pm »

Bit harsh?

Its the fact he Tried For the community. He's done more than others....
Okay.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2013, 09:36:16 pm »
Popular Thread Is Popular Indeed
[close]

@Vince
The success of your game is reliant on wether you say the right words, and now.

Offline Akira

• Private
  • Swords master and Bayonet blunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Akira
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »
Bit harsh?
You should of never have gotten it in first place you were not up for the admin position nor' were you capable of being a good admin

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2013, 09:37:10 pm »
Crunch did a lot. Faced some of the worst trolls. Spent countless hours on arguements and tried to squezze some fun out of this. please leave him alone for now
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2013, 09:37:18 pm »

Offline red.h

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2013, 09:37:36 pm »
Popular Thread Is Popular Indeed
[close]

@Vince
The success of your game is reliant on wether you say the right words, and now.

>his game

He just took a bunch of features from F&S and put them into a different time period.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2013, 09:37:42 pm »
 Ugh. This community is in shambles. I'm going to demand you all stop and think about this. To do so, I will provide you all with the ingredients to do so.

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Now that you're all greased up for education, let's reflect back on what I've said previously. I'm not biased, and what I said is probably the least biased thing here. So start reading.

Spoiler
Alright, look. So many people are here, so many are involved. Whether or not everyone here likes each other, doesn't even matter.

The fact is: the community is upset. Labeling them as douchebags for it is wrong. However, the fact that the developers do put a lot of work into the game specifically for the community, is just as true.

We can argue, and argue, and argue. I've done it so many times in the past in this bloody community. This community has predators, preys, parasites, producers... but a lot more predators and parasites than there should be. Let's stop trying to suck each others blood and just work on fixing the actual problem.

From what I've gathered, the community is mad about a lot of things. I haven't had a severe problem with it, until today I had no problem with it at all, but there are honestly plenty of genuine problems here. Locking this thread isn't going to do the mods/admins any good, and making this a bigger flame than it already is will just put the community into a bigger hole with the mods/admins.

I'd recommend peaceful conclusions. Perhaps the community can take the time out of a day to sit down with the current admins, developers, etc., and figure out the simplest way things can be solved. Not to argue, but to cooperate. This doesn't need to turn into an internet war.

May I suggest starting with things that would improve us all as a community as a whole, members, mods, and all; current admin selection/selecting a better fit group of admins; repealing/altering the Sports Jersey/Regiment Name retiring nonsense; determining a better selection of testers for betas rather than "best buddies" and "famous advertisers". Expanding on that last one, playtesters should be selected for their knowledge of what their doing, not so they can experience the game first because they're liked by the developers.

I could go on and on and on with this, but that would contradict myself. We need to quickly find something to fix these messes, each in a well-looked-at manner. Take my recommendations, or not, but dare I say someone needs to take action--because no one currently is.
No no, now this isn't even right. Guys, calm down, and try to resolve this. This is seriously turning into the most retarded thing ever (and I use retarded with the definition provided in your average dictionary): an internet war. Look better upon yourselves, all you, loyalists and rebels alike, for I have no intent on picking either side, because both are so flawed and so biased beyond disrepair. For this reason, I declare myself a free, separate state of neutralist, that I wish for this to all be mutually appeased, in that I've had enough, and I'm sure there are several others who agree with me, with half the balls I do to declare it. That said, don't pick sides. Just make things better.
[close]

Please, community, this game and the 1% of its community that I actually enjoy saved me from my depression and anxiety. Don't let it come back, as a personal request from me to you all. No one truly wants heads on spikes, no one truly wants a war... so please, stop this nonsense, and change your diapers.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2013, 09:38:03 pm »
Bit harsh?
You should of never have gotten it in first place you were not up for the admin position nor' were you capable of being a good admin
What? Me? I was never an admin.

Offline Needsomemore

• Sergeant Major
  • I'm the most overrated noob ever - Nsm
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Gefr_NeedSomeMore
  • Side: Union
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2013, 09:38:15 pm »
13 pages in and everyone already derailed from the original post .......

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2013, 09:38:55 pm »
Please, some people need to refocus. There have been plenty of blunders by the devs/admins. I dont hate them, in fact i really try to support them(you can lol) Diplex has donated a fuck ton of money to BCoF and he is in this thread(sorry if i am speaking for you Diplex or i am in the wrong, feel free to state that if so) agreeing with Hekko.

Most players here loved MM, and are bitterly dissapointed with multiple things, how the game turned, how the community turned, and how the Devs and admins have turned.

This isn't just some revolution, and Hekko is just as aware as anyone that this isn't a "revolution", there is no "winning" of a revolution, i believe it was more to highlight that there are alot of unhappy people, and that things should be adressed sooner rather than later. No longer ignored.