Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71465 times)

Offline Blade

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bladeson
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2013, 09:26:57 pm »
Vince has not posted yet because if he makes a mistake then BCoF will most likely fail.His project is based on the community funding the game.So no community,no game.

21:26 - Daniel: Even though this situation will probably cause the death of BCoF there was not much chance of it coming out anyways with only 9% of its "required" funds.

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2013, 09:27:28 pm »
OK things are on the balance now. Win and we will change the community forever, lose and BCoF will be done forever. (And don't bring popcorns)
The problem is that the mods haven't replied and until then, this is going to continue.

They are preparing. Let us give a good image. After all don't forget that we insult them with this
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2013, 09:27:31 pm »
Since everyone is clearly ungrateful of what the US administration team is doing, and our own team members from the other side clearly think we are doing things wrong, I will be resigning from the administration team and will have my formal letter wrote out and posted soon. Thanks for the time everyone, maybe now I can actually enjoy the game like I used to.

Offline Chaos

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2013, 09:27:35 pm »
Now I'm unsure whether to donate or not, I want to donate mainly because I'm looking forward to what the Dev's can create but at the same time, after reading all these comments and such, I'm now in a dilemma. I'm almost certain now that new people who have just joined this community will look at this and think, what's the point?

Offline LaBelle

• Corporal
  • Ho-doggy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LaBelle
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2013, 09:27:50 pm »
Nothing is balanced.  Nothing will be fixed.  While I support the admins being brought back down to Earth, I don't support the community acting as if it's all the admins fault.  Secession died for the same reason.  This will pass, you will all play BCoF and bitch and complain because there's something not to your liking about it, and then after that?  You'll continue to play BCoF and NW.

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2013, 09:28:38 pm »
Since everyone is clearly ungrateful of what the US administration team is doing, and our own team members from the other side clearly think we are doing things wrong, I will be resigning from the administration team and will have my formal letter wrote out and posted soon. Thanks for the time everyone, maybe now I can actually enjoy the game like I used to.

Oh Dear  :'( first collateral damage
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »
Perhaps I've just been out of the loop recently, but admin misconduct has rarely affected my ingame or community experience in a negative way. Perhaps their system of selecting and promoting admins is fault but I have to ask, is it really that bad? Have you actually suffered from it? Perhaps there are those who have but from what I've seen, if the admin is truly at fault, the situation is quickly resolved and the admin makes sure not to make the same mistakes again.

Yes, I bought NW and not MB: Vietnam. I did not pay money to have half the maps blown up by a cruel kid using a magnifying glass on an ant hill.

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2013, 09:28:51 pm »
Good, you were never fit for an admin position.

Offline Crawford

• Donator
  • [2ndCS] Col. River
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2013, 09:28:55 pm »
I have not that much experience with the US administrative policy, some of the recent choices make me wonder though how the American side chooses admins, and from what I have heard from other admins that play on US1 at times as well, is that some of the new US1 admins are tripping balls with their new adminpowers, waiting for opportunities to flex their strength for the least offence.

Alright, I know this is mostly a EU thing, but I feel this needs to be posted, because all of you are really starting to annoy me. I will also like to say that I am posting this as me and not an official admin. 

Okay, before I discuss about anything else I would like to get the thing that bothers me most out of the way.
I have not that much experience with the US administrative policy, some of the recent choices make me wonder though how the American side chooses admins, and from what I have heard from other admins that play on US1 at times as well, is that some of the new US1 admins are tripping balls with their new adminpowers, waiting for opportunities to flex their strength for the least offence.

Who the fuck are you to talk about the US administration when not a single admin I have spoke to has ever seen you on US1 before. As far as I am concerned, you have absolutely no place to talk about the US admin team. I feel sorry for the EU admin team that you are even acting this way while being an admin. In case you have forgotten, which you clearly have not since you talk so much about the professionalism administration is so important, you are acting completely out of line in accordance to admin regulations. I hope that someone sane enough sees that you are in no shape to hold the responsibility of admin, if you cannot even keep yourself professional in public. The same thing could be said about the EU admin team, but at least we have the respect to not talk about it in public, and rather keep it through PMs like we are supposed to do. The way you have presented yourself in this thread immediately shows me that you have no concern for the community and rather you wish to bash everyone you can possibly think of something to bash them about, for your own personal "Internet glory". This is absolutely unacceptable.

Now to address everyone rather than just the OP.

Have you all lost your minds?! We are playing a GAME this is not a bloody government! I don't care how many people know you in a online game that has no point at all in the world except to give others enjoyment. We are not building some kind of internet social hierarchy. Nobody is better than someone else. None of you have any right to tell FSE what to do with the community, and FSE has no right to tell the community to do. All you guys are doing is arguing over the most pointless in meaningless things in this life. This game is not real life. I can honestly and shamelessly say that Napoleonic Wars and Warband have been a enormous part of my life. Especially this past year. I spend hours a day playing and admining US1, so everyone can enjoy the game like it should be. I probably play more than just about 95% of the players. I spend countless hours of my free-time on this game and NEVER have I feet any amount of importance to anything. You should not either. I think we could all agree that Diplex is the most known NW player. That does not make him some kind of spokesperson or official. It does not make him any more important than you or I. So those of you acting as though you are some kind of icon and that if you say something FSE should listen and respond, you are completely out of your mind. You all are starting to disgust and annoy me with your constant rants and crying like children about how FSE is not doing things right with the community. FSE did not make the freaking community, you guys did. FSE made the game. You...Us. we made this community, and anything we feel is wrong, is our fault. Leave FSE alone about the community. Yes, they may have had some out there business practices with the community, but I think they have since learned. If you feel so strongly about FSE, going on THEIR forums and basically calling them useless is not going to solve anything. FSE is ABSOLUTELY taking the right path by telling you guys to pm all concerns to them. They DO deal with them. Just because something is not done the way you want it does not mean you have a right to decry the developers of this wonderful game, who were kind enough to give you a game for a cheap price that has stayed with you for such a long time. You cannot deny that you like this game, if you are so concerned about the community around it.

So in conclusion of what I have asked of you guys, please, for the sake of all of us, stop making fools of yourselves and just enjoy the damn game, and if you feel you can no longer find enjoyment in it, stop playing it. Nobody is making you play this game, and you all need to grow up and realize that.

If you're not able to turn the other cheek when taking criticism without having a hissy fit then why are you even admin?

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

That would be definately not good, because you seem like one of the few reasonable people in this thread.

Offline hherlev

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2013, 09:30:13 pm »
I am waiting for Vince's reply to all this :D

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2013, 09:30:23 pm »
Good, you were never fit for an admin position.

Bit harsh?

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2013, 09:30:33 pm »
The entire community is waiting Vince, make your move.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2013, 09:30:39 pm »
I think it is clear that though we have different ideas and opinions, the majority of people here seem to agree things are done unproffesionally and should be changed.

Now, we should look to ourselves to create said change. Things indeed balanced - lets wait for an official FSE reply.

Offline Jack1995_1

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2013, 09:30:55 pm »
EMP is right, this is a game. People are treating this as if it was a takeover. There are alot of +1's and "totally agree" posts, but not much actual content.  I might get some hate, but, who cares? I am treating this as a game, a place to play with friends, a way to spend time. There are two sides to every story, and each ban or kick will be based on evidence rather than "I don't like that guy" BAN. Right now, most of the community appears to be acting like 12 year olds, crying because they do not get their way. And about BCoF, even if the community goes to shit, even if half the player base leaves, people will still play it. Why? Because it will be a fun game. Not a way of life. A game.