Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71439 times)

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2013, 09:12:57 pm »
Well I'll likely get banned, and perhaps I'll return and try and make a small MM community for the banned, revolution supporters.

Also... 1400th post!

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2013, 09:13:02 pm »
 Alright, look. So many people are here, so many are involved. Whether or not everyone here likes each other, doesn't even matter.

The fact is: the community is upset. Labeling them as douchebags for it is wrong. However, the fact that the developers do put a lot of work into the game specifically for the community, is just as true.

We can argue, and argue, and argue. I've done it so many times in the past in this bloody community. This community has predators, preys, parasites, producers... but a lot more predators and parasites than there should be. Let's stop trying to suck each others blood and just work on fixing the actual problem.

From what I've gathered, the community is mad about a lot of things. I haven't had a severe problem with it, until today I had no problem with it at all, but there are honestly plenty of genuine problems here. Locking this thread isn't going to do the mods/admins any good, and making this a bigger flame than it already is will just put the community into a bigger hole with the mods/admins.

I'd recommend peaceful conclusions. Perhaps the community can take the time out of a day to sit down with the current admins, developers, etc., and figure out the simplest way things can be solved. Not to argue, but to cooperate. This doesn't need to turn into an internet war.

May I suggest starting with things that would improve us all as a community as a whole, members, mods, and all; current admin selection/selecting a better fit group of admins; repealing/altering the Sports Jersey/Regiment Name retiring nonsense; determining a better selection of testers for betas rather than "best buddies" and "famous advertisers". Expanding on that last one, playtesters should be selected for their knowledge of what their doing, not so they can experience the game first because they're liked by the developers.

I could go on and on and on with this, but that would contradict myself. We need to quickly find something to fix these messes, each in a well-looked-at manner. Take my recommendations, or not, but dare I say someone needs to take action--because no one currently is.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:14:33 pm by Sir Audiate »

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ballion
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2013, 09:15:29 pm »
I dont think these "Join the revolution" sigs are needed.
Just a little fun, vital supporter.

Yeah, just a little fun? I think that this is a fairly serious discussion regarding the future of this community.
It's something to represent how the community wants better.
Watched because i dunno

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2013, 09:15:41 pm »
I miss Praetorian.  :'(

Offline Mik_

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.24 Mik
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2013, 09:16:00 pm »
I'll wait for hancock to deliver the milk and cookies  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:17:53 pm by Mike »

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2013, 09:16:42 pm »
Alright, I know this is mostly a EU thing, but I feel this needs to be posted, because all of you are really starting to annoy me. I will also like to say that I am posting this as me and not an official admin. 

Okay, before I discuss about anything else I would like to get the thing that bothers me most out of the way.
I have not that much experience with the US administrative policy, some of the recent choices make me wonder though how the American side chooses admins, and from what I have heard from other admins that play on US1 at times as well, is that some of the new US1 admins are tripping balls with their new adminpowers, waiting for opportunities to flex their strength for the least offence.

Who the fuck are you to talk about the US administration when not a single admin I have spoke to has ever seen you on US1 before. As far as I am concerned, you have absolutely no place to talk about the US admin team. I feel sorry for the EU admin team that you are even acting this way while being an admin. In case you have forgotten, which you clearly have not since you talk so much about the professionalism administration is so important, you are acting completely out of line in accordance to admin regulations. I hope that someone sane enough sees that you are in no shape to hold the responsibility of admin, if you cannot even keep yourself professional in public. The same thing could be said about the EU admin team, but at least we have the respect to not talk about it in public, and rather keep it through PMs like we are supposed to do. The way you have presented yourself in this thread immediately shows me that you have no concern for the community and rather you wish to bash everyone you can possibly think of something to bash them about, for your own personal "Internet glory". This is absolutely unacceptable.

Now to address everyone rather than just the OP.

Have you all lost your minds?! We are playing a GAME this is not a bloody government! I don't care how many people know you in a online game that has no point at all in the world except to give others enjoyment. We are not building some kind of internet social hierarchy. Nobody is better than someone else. None of you have any right to tell FSE what to do with the community, and FSE has no right to tell the community to do. All you guys are doing is arguing over the most pointless in meaningless things in this life. This game is not real life. I can honestly and shamelessly say that Napoleonic Wars and Warband have been a enormous part of my life. Especially this past year. I spend hours a day playing and admining US1, so everyone can enjoy the game like it should be. I probably play more than just about 95% of the players. I spend countless hours of my free-time on this game and NEVER have I feet any amount of importance to anything. You should not either. I think we could all agree that Diplex is the most known NW player. That does not make him some kind of spokesperson or official. It does not make him any more important than you or I. So those of you acting as though you are some kind of icon and that if you say something FSE should listen and respond, you are completely out of your mind. You all are starting to disgust and annoy me with your constant rants and crying like children about how FSE is not doing things right with the community. FSE did not make the freaking community, you guys did. FSE made the game. You...Us. we made this community, and anything we feel is wrong, is our fault. Leave FSE alone about the community. Yes, they may have had some out there business practices with the community, but I think they have since learned. If you feel so strongly about FSE, going on THEIR forums and basically calling them useless is not going to solve anything. FSE is ABSOLUTELY taking the right path by telling you guys to pm all concerns to them. They DO deal with them. Just because something is not done the way you want it does not mean you have a right to decry the developers of this wonderful game, who were kind enough to give you a game for a cheap price that has stayed with you for such a long time. You cannot deny that you like this game, if you are so concerned about the community around it.

So in conclusion of what I have asked of you guys, please, for the sake of all of us, stop making fools of yourselves and just enjoy the damn game, and if you feel you can no longer find enjoyment in it, stop playing it. Nobody is making you play this game, and you all need to grow up and realize that.

If one of the developers or lead admins finds what I posted is wrong, I will gladly step down, because at least I might actually be able to enjoy the game without people acting as if I am some sort of idol. I just want to play and enjoy the game, I don't want people to watch and critique my every move.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:20:07 pm by Death by EMP »

Offline red.h

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2013, 09:18:30 pm »
Alright, I know this is mostly a EU thing, but I feel this needs to be posted, because all of you are really starting to annoy me. I will also like to say that I am posting this as me and not an official admin. 

Okay, before I discuss about anything else I would like to get the thing that bothers me most out of the way.
I have not that much experience with the US administrative policy, some of the recent choices make me wonder though how the American side chooses admins, and from what I have heard from other admins that play on US1 at times as well, is that some of the new US1 admins are tripping balls with their new adminpowers, waiting for opportunities to flex their strength for the least offence.

Who the fuck are you to talk about the US administration when not a single admin I have spoke to has ever seen you on US1 before. As far as I am concerned, you have absolutely no place to talk about the US admin team. I feel sorry for the EU admin team that you are even acting this way while being an admin. In case you have forgotten, which you clearly have not since you talk so much about the professionalism administration is so important, you are acting completely out of line in accordance to admin regulations. I hope that someone sane enough sees that you are in no shape to hold the responsibility of admin, if you cannot even keep yourself professional in public. The same thing could be said about the EU admin team, but at least we have the respect to not talk about it in public, and rather keep it through PMs like we are supposed to do. The way you have presented yourself in this thread immediately shows me that you have no concern for the community and rather you wish to bash everyone you can possibly think of something to bash them about, for your own personal "Internet glory". This is absolutely unacceptable.

Now to address everyone rather than just the OP.

Have you all lost your minds?! We are playing a GAME this is not a bloody government! I don't care how many people know you in a online game that has no point at all in the world except to give others enjoyment. We are not building some kind of internet social hierarchy. Nobody is better than someone else. None of you have any right to tell FSE what to do with the community, and FSE has no right to tell the community to do. All you guys are doing is arguing over the most pointless in meaningless things in this life. This game is not real life. I can honestly and shamelessly say that Napoleonic Wars and Warband have been a enormous part of my life. Especially this past year. I spend hours a day playing and admining US1, so everyone can enjoy the game like it should be. I probably play more than just about 95% of the players. I spend countless hours of my free-time on this game and NEVER have I feet any amount of importance to anything. You should not either. I think we could all agree that Diplex is the most known NW player. That does not make him some kind of spokesperson or official. It does not make him any more important than you or I. So those of you acting as though you are some kind of icon and that if you say something FSE should listen and respond, you are completely out of your mind. You all are starting to disgust and annoy me with your constant rants and crying like children about how FSE is not doing things right with the community. FSE did not make the freaking community, you guys did. FSE made the game. You...Us. we made this community, and anything we feel is wrong, is our fault. Leave FSE alone about the community. Yes, they may have had some out there business practices with the community, but I think they have since learned. If you feel so strongly about FSE, going on THEIR forums and basically calling them useless is not going to solve anything. FSE is ABSOLUTELY taking the right path by telling you guys to pm all concerns to them. They DO deal with them. Just because something is not done the way you want it does not mean you have a right to decry the developers of this wonderful game, who were kind enough to give you a game for a cheap price that has stayed with you for such a long time. You cannot deny that you like this game, if you are so concerned about the community around it.

So in conclusion of what I have asked of you guys, please, for the sake of all of us, stop making fools of yourselves and just enjoy the damn game, and if you feel you can no longer find enjoyment in it, stop playing it. Nobody is making you play this game, and you all need to grow up and realize that.

How about you get off your high horse, asshole.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2013, 09:18:37 pm »
Point proven.

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2013, 09:18:44 pm »
I am waiting for Vince's reply to all this :D
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic

Offline Sotilas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Adj*_Sotilas
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2013, 09:18:50 pm »
Kitty is not an community manager anymore.
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4869
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:22:05 pm by Sotilas »

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2013, 09:19:17 pm »
How about you get off your high horse, asshole.
You pretty much just went ahead and gave proof to my earlier point.

Well done, sir.

Offline Vikestad

• Sergeant Major
  • "84e sheriff, white knight of truth and justice"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vikestad
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2013, 09:20:19 pm »
Sid is just whoring for drama as usual. A perfect example of why the community is shit. A lot of talk and no substance. The revolutionary bs is just immature and shouldn't be given any attention by anyone half serious..
84e RĂ©giment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2013, 09:20:32 pm »
I am waiting for Vince's reply to all this :D

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ballion
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2013, 09:21:18 pm »
Hey Crunch, look right below your forum name. Without the community, BCoF would fail.
Watched because i dunno

Offline Dasvi2018

• Second Lieutenant
  • Beware of the Greek Moustache
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2013, 09:21:31 pm »
Sid is just whoring for drama as usual. A perfect example of why the community is shit. A lot of talk and no substance. The revolutionary bs is just immature and shouldn't be given any attention by anyone half serious..

Big point here, don't be rebels without a cause
Quote from: Adam Jensen
If you want to make enemies..try to change something
Quote from: Stalin
The loss of 1 man is a tragedy,the loss of 5 million..is a statistic