Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71467 times)

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2013, 08:54:53 pm »
The critique of the admining is fine, but if you host or admin a private server, and you run/admin it like a personal whorehouse, are we supposed to take you seriously if you comment in support of Hekko's post? I don't think so. I check the 84e logs for abuse every fourth of fifth day, and I talk with every admin who get too emotional. Point is, I get sick of some of you commenting who I know would do a lot worse.

Just because we say things are done badly, doesn't mean we say we could do better. We say, things SHOULD be done better.

You might have missed my point. I simply don't want to associate with douchebags, and even if I agree with most of Hekko's points, I might not agree with his main thesis that the community actually deserves better.
+1

Do you two claw your faces in the mirror?

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2013, 08:55:53 pm »
Windusche, you got beta for the next patch just because you are Vince's friend, and I like you a lot, but you're part of the point we're trying to prove.

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2013, 08:56:01 pm »
The critique of the admining is fine, but if you host or admin a private server, and you run/admin it like a personal whorehouse, are we supposed to take you seriously if you comment in support of Hekko's post? I don't think so. I check the 84e logs for abuse every fourth of fifth day, and I talk with every admin who get too emotional. Point is, I get sick of some of you commenting who I know would do a lot worse.

Just because we say things are done badly, doesn't mean we say we could do better. We say, things SHOULD be done better.

You might have missed my point. I simply don't want to associate with douchebags, and even if I agree with most of Hekko's points, I might not agree with his main thesis that the community actually deserves better.
+1
You may wish to rethink that "+1" friend, i'd read. because whilst the quote has some valid points, it also mentions a sizable amount of the community as "douchebags".

Offline Modig

• First Lieutenant
  • Aspirerande arbetsaristoj
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2013, 08:56:27 pm »

+1

What are you? Masochists?

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2013, 08:56:39 pm »
your using Interent explorer!?!?  >:(
No that is clearly internet explorer
my mistake
We noticed.

Guys For fuck sake stop trolling around on a serious post.....

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2013, 08:57:19 pm »

+1
You may wish to rethink that "+1" friend, i'd read. because whilst the quote has some valid points, it also mentions a sizable amount of the community as "douchebags".

There is a sizable amount of douchebags in the community, though.  ;)
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2013, 08:57:58 pm »
Indeed there is, the problem is that that part of the community isn't the one being chastised.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2013, 08:58:54 pm »
Guys, guys, please. This is certainly not what Hekko wanted. Once again, there is another thread.

Try to talk about real problems and avoid personal accusations.

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
  • Watch out! He has a stick!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Affjoris
  • Side: Union
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2013, 08:59:05 pm »

+1

Ok, so according to you this community doesnt deserver better admins?

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2013, 08:59:33 pm »
Tbh, most of the 'douchebags' are friendly douchebags. There are relatively few people i loathe. Most of the time it's a competitive rivalry that calls for some rather unjust words. It's toxic, spitefull and unnecesarily hateful. But 90%+ of people i badmouth and badmouth me are actually goodguys.

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2013, 09:00:30 pm »

+1

Ok, so according to you this community doesnt deserver better admins?

If he sides with the loyalists, they will give him land. Nah, in all seriousness, he is just placing tongue in...

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Modig

• First Lieutenant
  • Aspirerande arbetsaristoj
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2013, 09:00:53 pm »
If you go around and think everyone are douchebags, you might very well in fact yourself be a douchebag.

Offline mem95

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2013, 09:02:11 pm »
I can only agree with you, truly got my full support Hekko.

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2013, 09:04:13 pm »
I dont think these "Join the revolution" sigs are needed.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2013, 09:05:29 pm »
Guys this post is about the admins and moderators. Not about the community.