Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71467 times)

Offline Akira

• Private
  • Swords master and Bayonet blunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Akira
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2013, 08:02:39 pm »
On a side note on a not really serious side note:

Signature
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:12:42 pm by Akira »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2013, 08:03:08 pm »
Wow.. I completely agree with you Hekko and this is one of the many reasons that made me quit the game about a month ago.

Offline ThatSillyLucas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ThatSillyLucas
  • Side: Union
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2013, 08:05:16 pm »
I personally think that everyone deserves to have a judgement. Everyone can support or not no matter their past. Maybe some had been trolling or whatever but they still can  have a opinion and it shall be taken equally and as the other's opinions. Everyone is at the same level remember that.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2013, 08:07:19 pm »
Unfortunatly this had stemmed back from near the begining of MM Prussia, where favourtism over competance took over for the Developing AND the administration staff (Although some of them are pretty decent at their jobs). The community in itself had started to develope more into the game for gameplay wise than the Developement staff at one point, suggesting better ways for melee, more maps and even the beginings of the admin mod.

I'm glad to see that so many people agree that a decent reform is in the best interests in the MAJORITY of the community.

Anywho to jump on the bandwagon:

+75.3789

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2013, 08:08:23 pm »
My ban request of olafson was meant to be a joke.
But it opened Olafson his eyes and he stepped down from his position.
+
Many times I said on teamspeak that a person should be banned because of bad behaviour. But the I got told the moderators won't ban people as quick because they would lose supporters of the new game.

Offline Mekkil the Graet

• Donator
  • BACK AGAIN
    • View Profile
    • nApoleonic wArs!111
  • Nick: nApolenic_wArs!111_Dev_Mekkil
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2013, 08:08:30 pm »
My dear Hekko, once again you have succeeded in bringing attention to a vital topic in a well written and diplomatic way. You have said what needed to be said, and what others have been trying to point out for quite a while, however, it looks as though its gained a fair bit traction...

What I now hope for, is that these matters shall be changed to the better. But how do we go about doing it? Have you got any ideas yourself, Hekko?

Offline Vikestad

• Sergeant Major
  • "84e sheriff, white knight of truth and justice"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vikestad
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2013, 08:09:16 pm »
The critique of the admining is fine, but if you host or admin a private server, and you run/admin it like a personal whorehouse, are we supposed to take you seriously if you comment in support of Hekko's post? I don't think so. I check the 84e logs for abuse every fourth of fifth day, and I talk with every admin who get too emotional. Point is, I get sick of some of you commenting who I know would do a lot worse.
84e RĂ©giment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Offline Sanderos25

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CPL Batavii
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2013, 08:10:05 pm »
90th is in.. +85

In a single move Hekko has set Vince and the rest of the admin team check, Vince has been reading this for an hour  and knows what Im about to say.

Next move is for Vince, but if he makes the wrong one, his little empire collapses!
"Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied." - Otto von Bismarck

Offline LaBelle

• Corporal
  • Ho-doggy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LaBelle
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2013, 08:12:30 pm »
The critique of the admining is fine, but if you host or admin a private server, and you run/admin it like a personal whorehouse, are we supposed to take you seriously if you comment in support of Hekko's post? I don't think so. I check the 84e logs for abuse every fourth of fifth day, and I talk with every admin who get too emotional. Point is, I get sick of some of you commenting who I know would do a lot worse.

While I see your point and agree, now isn't the time to split the community when it's supposed to be a time of unity against a common foe.  We'll deal with the others later.

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2013, 08:13:10 pm »
90th is in.. +85

In a single move Hekko has set Vince and the rest of the admin team check, Vince has been reading this for an hour  and knows what Im about to say.

Next move is for Vince, but if he makes the wrong one, his little empire collapses!

Pretty much this.
Your move Vince.

Offline Modig

• First Lieutenant
  • Aspirerande arbetsaristoj
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »

And this is relevant because?

Offline Vikestad

• Sergeant Major
  • "84e sheriff, white knight of truth and justice"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vikestad
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2013, 08:15:29 pm »

While I see your point and agree, now isn't the time to split the community when it's supposed to be a time of unity against a common foe.  We'll deal with the others later.

Well, I am not immature or idealistic, so I'm out.
84e RĂ©giment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2013, 08:16:22 pm »

Just because we say things are done badly, doesn't mean we say we could do better. We say, things SHOULD be done better.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2013, 08:19:52 pm »
+1000000000000 to Hekko's original post.

Edit: I suppose I'll make some points here.

Vince has been shutting down all threads and discussions regarding this, when the people who are talking about it have donated to the development for THEIR game. For the sake of customer service, we should be being treated better, and the community should have a voice, without constantly wondering if their post will warrant them a mute or ban. Things need to change, I've been starting to stay away from the forums and NW because of this. To say the least, if this thread is locked, I hope you realize the consequences of your actions.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:24:34 pm by Odysseus »

Offline LaBelle

• Corporal
  • Ho-doggy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LaBelle
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2013, 08:22:25 pm »

Well, I am not immature or idealistic, so I'm out.

...What?  I didn't say you were either of these things.