Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71460 times)

Offline Gragnok

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Col_Gragnok
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 07:51:55 pm »
Could people stop posting immature crap like gifs and "you win one free internet" on this thread? That wont help anyone regardless of their stance on this issue it simply lowers the tone from mature debate to childish bullshit. People should show their agreement or disagreement maturely or not at all if they actually care.

This is a pretty serious issue and I agree on almost all points, but I am a little concerned already that some people have, as Vikestad said, joined the 'bandwagon' and people are already posting all these stupid videos, pictures, gifs etc without actually discussing their thoughts. This really needs to be talked out and I'd like more people to post their opinions, instead of this devolving into the meme fest which was the Champions of Europe.

So speak up people!

Yeah well said Harry. Didnt see your post before.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2013, 07:52:03 pm »
This is a pretty serious issue and I agree on almost all points, but I am a little concerned already that some people have, as Vikestad said, joined the 'bandwagon' and people are already posting all these stupid videos, pictures, gifs etc without actually discussing their thoughts. This really needs to be talked out and I'd like more people to post their opinions, instead of this devolving into the meme fest which was the Champions of Europe.

This. I think it's incredibly important to maintain a serious discussion & debate in order to come up to an agreement. So please guys, do not for the love of Thor post popcorn pictures or write down blatant shit w/e.

I asked for it before and I totally agree with this. Whether it be in this thread or a new one, I would like a place where people post their true opinions and suggestions.

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2013, 07:52:43 pm »
I find it kind of depressing how the ones commenting reminds me of someone who's just alternatively pressing the "Like" button.
I don't know if it's fear or ignorance that has prevented anyone from taking notice or doing something about it in the first place. But for once someone is finally putting it out on the table.
I just hope people will start doing something about it rather than just act as if they support it.

Offline BlackDynamite

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:14 pm »
rip in peace guise. god bless craig :-*

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
  • Side: Union
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:21 pm »
Support

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:29 pm »
I suggest we open another thread, a more serious one, where we discuss what we want to see changed.

Meanwhile, this thread can be used as a way of showing your support.

Offline LaBelle

• Corporal
  • Ho-doggy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LaBelle
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:47 pm »
It's about time.  I'll also point out that a few admins of the community were a good portion of the Secession admin team.

And look how that mod turned out.  Favoritism was rampant, and anytime we said anything, we were labeled trolls.  Some of us were even banned from the community.  Well done Hekko, for voicing our opinions.  BUT THAT BEING SAID, it's a bit ironic that another "Community hero" had to be the one to say it in order for anyone to take it seriously. 

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:57 pm »

This. I think it's incredibly important to maintain a serious discussion & debate in order to come up to an agreement. So please guys, do not for the love of Thor post popcorn pictures or write down blatant shit w/e.

I asked for it before and I totally agree with this. Whether it be in this thread or a new one, I would like a place where people post their true opinions and suggestions.

Will he listen to them? A track record says otherwise and I fear he will do the usual tactic of post and lock.

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 07:54:29 pm »
Stop feeding the drama, please.. For god sake, you can also just await and let Hekko talk with any admin, since Hekko is a mature person. You don't all have to spam, REVOLUTION etc...  ;)
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2013, 07:55:16 pm »
Mugir ces féroces soldats!

Translation : The howling of these fearsome soldiers

Google Translator isnt always the answer.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2013, 07:55:28 pm »
Stop feeding the drama, please.. For god sake, you can also just await and let Hekko talk with any admin, since Hekko is a mature person. You don't all have to spam, REVOLUTION etc...  ;)

I think Hekko intended to get the community up by posting this. Otherwise, he would have sent it to the admins by pm.

Offline Akira

• Private
  • Swords master and Bayonet blunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Akira
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2013, 07:55:45 pm »
He's trying to send a message to the whole community.

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2013, 07:57:28 pm »

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
  • Watch out! He has a stick!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Affjoris
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2013, 07:58:24 pm »

So speak up people!

Ok, lets do that then. I found my good friend Craig banned from the forums. Supposingly because of Harassment. When i asked what his ban was about, i got told that is was because of trolling, racism and discussing with the admins. While trolling might apply to his behavior from time to time, it was within boundaries. A warning would have been a good responds imo, but they had to give out a ban. This was because he was a supporter of the believe that the FSE was becoming corrupt and couldn't take criticism. Of course they are going to say otherwise but oh well. Then the fights moves to talesworld. Where Vince locked the mod revival squad page just because duurling and Craig are talking about how the FSE behaves. Yes it was off topic, but then again it should have been taken to PM's and not lock the tread i need to organise things. Then the whole olafson thing pops up as well, which is just another push in the wrong direction. I think the whole situation has been handeled very poor by the FSE team and the admins, and this is why i think the FSE should not be in any position to control the community.

Mind you that before this happend i had nothing against the FSE team, and only reformed my opinion on the recent events.

Offline Thomaas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • UK-Thomas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Ligne_Sgt_Thomas
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »

So speak up people!

Ok, lets do that then. I found my good friend Craig banned from the forums. Supposingly because of Harassment. When i asked what his ban was about, i got told that is was because of trolling, racism and discussing with the admins. While trolling might apply to his behavior from time to time, it was within boundaries. A warning would have been a good responds imo, but they had to give out a ban. This was because he was a supporter of the believe that the FSE was becoming corrupt and couldn't take criticism. Of course they are going to say otherwise but oh well. Then the fights moves to talesworld. Where Vince locked the mod revival squad page just because duurling and Craig are talking about how the FSE behaves. Yes it was off topic, but then again it should have been taken to PM's and not lock the tread i need to organise things. Then the whole olafson thing pops up as well, which is just another push in the wrong direction. I think the whole situation has been handeled very poor by the FSE team and the admins, and this is why i think the FSE should not be in any position to control the community.

Mind you that before this happend i had nothing against the FSE team, and only reformed my opinion on the recent events.

Very well said sir