Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (4v4) {Season 1 Thread}{Champions: Aces}  (Read 91903 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American 4v4 Draft League ($150) [FEB 18TH START DATE]
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2019, 08:38:21 pm »
I think the best option is an expansion draft. Have each team be able to protect 3 players. The rest will be available to be drafted to the new team. One player from each team will be selected by the captain of the 8th team. This will be the most fair way to do it.

You would only be able to take one player from a team so for example: If Unitater leaves Jakester and Ghostrider unprotected you would only be able to choose one of them.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #316 on: February 16, 2019, 09:28:59 pm »
vote no to an 8th team because that's wack

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #317 on: February 16, 2019, 10:08:24 pm »
nick out here playing 4d chess im proud
+1

Also hand picked would be compelete BS and if we don't have an 8th team you have 15-17 FA and half of them are better then 60% of the people on teams. Maybe let me pick 2 and the mod team pick the rest.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:10:00 pm by Ip Man »

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 16, 2019, 10:11:29 pm »
nick out here playing 4d chess im proud
+1

Also hand picked would be compelete BS and if we don't have an 8th team you have 15-17 FA and half of them are better then 60% of the people on teams. Maybe let me pick 2 and the mod team pick the rest.

no

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #319 on: February 16, 2019, 10:17:29 pm »
Godfreid has a point I could pick 3-4 guys from the original free agents before I signed up and then pick 2 subs who recently sign uped. That would be pretty fair. No point in having 17 FAs with 8-10 that can easily replace the subs on every team. There are enough FAs to easily make 2 more teams.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:25:50 pm by Ip Man »

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 16, 2019, 10:30:00 pm »
Idk, a handpicked team is kind of iffy. If an 8th team is going to be made, it should be made from the players left over from the draft who weren't picked but actually bothered to sign up on time, and whoever was the first sign up following the draft.

Yeah the first free agents first. Not all of them though on one team as that wouldn't be fair, they would be at a disadvantage.

Godfreid has a point I could pick 3-4 guys from the original free agents before I signed up and then pick 2 subs who recently sign uped. That would be pretty fair. No point in having 17 FAs with 8-10 that can easily replace the subs on every team. There are enough FAs to easily make 2 more teams.

If you are the captain. Another thing is the 8th team whoever is the captain wouldn't have a bad team. It would obviously have some good players from the free agent pool there with some other people which looks fair overall.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2019, 10:42:45 pm »
That's dumb that people are even considering creating a new team for people that signed up after the draft ended. It's not fair to the people who actually signed up in time for the draft to have to deal with an influx of players who weren't even available to be drafted and now either can be picked up or selected for a new team.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2019, 10:48:42 pm »
That's dumb that people are even considering creating a new team for people that signed up after the draft ended. It's not fair to the people who actually signed up in time for the draft to have to deal with an influx of players who weren't even available to be drafted and now either can be picked up or selected for a new team.

problem with some free agents is how good they are. krastinov, asianp, and kosj are all players that can make impact (especially in a small 4v4) so leaving them in the free agent pool is gonna be bad when you have free agency coming around where teams can grab one of them easily; leading to team stacking

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2019, 10:49:57 pm »

problem with some free agents is how good they are. krastinov, asianp, and kosj are all players that can make impact (especially in a small 4v4) so leaving them in the free agent pool is gonna be bad when you have free agency coming around where teams can grab one of them easily; leading to team stacking
Yeah don't allow them to play. They didn't sign up in time.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2019, 10:59:18 pm »

Yeah don't allow them to play. They didn't sign up in time.

interesting idea. I'm sure windflower will look everything over and will probably have another mod meeting

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2019, 11:10:59 pm »
no
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline AsianP

• Major
  • Retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AsianP
« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2019, 11:36:16 pm »
i can offer special skills to any team that picks me up thank you

(no not blowjobs)
1st Place Vetro's Old Fashion 2v2 (Team Bird: AsianP, Armada), 1st Place Dan's Ultimate Dueling Tournament VIII, 1st Place 5v5 Groupfighting Tournament (TeamGG), 1st Place 8v8 Groupfighting Tournament (Tier 1), 2nd Place 2v2 Tournament (Old School), 3rd Place 1v1 Duel Tournament, 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S5 (NA 91st), 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S6 (3eVolt), 2nd Place TNWL S2 Pro League (58eme), 2nd Place NAPL S2 (3eVolt),  1st Place NA Regimental Groupfighting League(3eVolt), 1st Place Napoleonic War's Golden League (42nd), 2nd Place OG Mudbone 1v1 Duel Tournament

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #327 on: February 17, 2019, 12:55:15 am »
The good free agents will get picked up eventually by the teams that are at the bottom of the standings
Everyone else should have signed up on time if they really wanted to play.

The only true way to make a balanced 8th team is to hold a complete redraft which I'm sure most people are against.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 12:56:48 am by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #328 on: February 17, 2019, 02:28:16 am »
Nick did sign up on time just to leave and then sign up again after the draft
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2019, 02:28:22 am »
I sympathize with the people that signed up late. With the exception of the past 2-3 weeks, I haven't really checked the forums much in like a year. If you're not on the forums every few days it's hard to catch everything that happens. People who want to play shouldn't be punished because they are living their lives. Idk how a draft would work out though lol
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA