Author Topic: Anglo-Zulu mod what gets on your tits?  (Read 3964 times)

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: go to hell i`m not in the mood
  • Side: Neutral
Anglo-Zulu mod what gets on your tits?
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:52:43 pm »
After seeing similar threads for warband i thought i would create one for the mod..  what really pisses of you in game.

Mine is the sappers...  most of them build the most useless forts in the middle of nowhere that absolutly no other teamates are near or likely to fall back/seek cover in.

Why they build them i do not know but one thing is for sure, all that happens is a lot of build points are wasted, and the sapper is likely to get a zulu spear in his back whilst digging his `palace`, without having a chance to fire a single shot at the zulus, and having accomplished nothing to help his team.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:54:14 pm by sally100 »

Offline BloodBeag

• Private
  • You're one day closer to death and you're wastingt
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BloodBeag
  • Side: Union
Re: Anglo-Zulu mod what gets on your tits?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 04:56:02 pm »
i agree with the sappers, especially when they build defences just to make zulus bots get stuck.
Fur der kroooown!

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:14:37 pm »
When you actually build good defenses but the entire team doesn't use them and instead stands in front of them in the open, and then gets completely wiped out by Zulus. Or when they do use your defenses, but as soon as the Zulus get close they all retreat, pretty much meaning the defenses were useless. You're supposed to hold the walls, thats the point of walls, there's no point if you run away as soon as the enemy gets close, thats like leaving a city as soon as it's besieged.

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 05:26:35 pm »
When you actually build good defenses but the entire team doesn't use them and instead stands in front of them in the open, and then gets completely wiped out by Zulus. Or when they do use your defenses, but as soon as the Zulus get close they all retreat, pretty much meaning the defenses were useless. You're supposed to hold the walls, thats the point of walls, there's no point if you run away as soon as the enemy gets close, thats like leaving a city as soon as it's besieged.

Agreed, i have no problem with sappers building, as long as they arent` building random crap - i don't think it is an exaggeration to say that 70 -80 per cent of the sapper built fortifications during games aren`t even used lol
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:28:09 pm by sally100 »

Offline Ardagh

• Sergeant Major
  • 1BnYLR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ardagh
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:14 pm »
This one's more of a server problem - people who spam TNT and waste all the build points/lag up everyone's game. Highly frustrating.
-Anglo-Zulu War Community Manager (Developer)
-VCW Community Manager + Head Researcher (Developer)

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:10:02 pm »
This one's more of a server problem - people who spam TNT and waste all the build points/lag up everyone's game. Highly frustrating.

I can't work out if it's better to make TnT cost a lot of Bp or hardly any.

Offline Wolfe

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sir_Awesome
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 04:02:59 am »
Sapper foolishness, Zulu uber-headshot-from-across-the-map snipers, and Shooting Zulus and it only takes out 1/2 of there health. A mean look, those cowhide shields may look nice but they couldn't stop rifle OR pistol rounds. And I'm pretty sure these Zulus didn't use PEDs like the Filipinos in there rebellion vs. the USA...
"It is well that war is so terrible, else we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee
"If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell." - General Phillip H. Sheridan
"We'll fight them, sir, 'til hell freezes over, and then, sir, we will fight them on the ice." - a Confederate soldier at Gettysburg

Offline Caesar15

• Sergeant
  • For crown and country!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 05:34:39 pm »
Sapper foolishness, Zulu uber-headshot-from-across-the-map snipers, and Shooting Zulus and it only takes out 1/2 of there health. A mean look, those cowhide shields may look nice but they couldn't stop rifle OR pistol rounds. And I'm pretty sure these Zulus didn't use PEDs like the Filipinos in there rebellion vs. the USA...

PED's?

Offline Wolfe

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sir_Awesome
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:46:23 am »
PED's?

Performance enhancing drugs, ya know steroids and the like. During the Philippine Insurrection it was recorded that before attacking U.S. troops some of the rebels would, well, get high. U.S. troops recorded Filipinos being shot several times but still attacking.  :-\ One of the reasons that the new service rifles and pistols (1903 Springfield and Colt 1911) were to be chambered in .30-06 and .45 compared to less powerful rounds.
"It is well that war is so terrible, else we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee
"If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell." - General Phillip H. Sheridan
"We'll fight them, sir, 'til hell freezes over, and then, sir, we will fight them on the ice." - a Confederate soldier at Gettysburg

Offline sally100

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 03:23:25 pm »
The one thing about gameplay that gets me is the game is either super easy, ie mow down every zulu within a mile with no casualties

Or we are totally slaughtered by an overwhelming amount of zulus ie 70 bots against 8 players, and we loose within 30 seconds lol

(ps yeh admins arent on much)

Offline RagingWomble

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 11:27:57 pm »
Losing connection and returning with 20 guys screaming admin.........