Author Topic: Suggestions.  (Read 91045 times)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
Suggestions.
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:58:11 pm »
For me personally a sergeant with stripes and rifle, type your ideas.

From Blucher,
As he said post your suggestions and we will take a look at them.
DON'T POST ABOUT "HOW WE NEED TO FIX OUR TEXTURES AND STUFF"
We Understand the helmet is not correct yet so dont complain and be nit picky please.
Tired of getting comments on how inaccurate something is wrong.
Be respectful to us we are trying to get this to be as historical as we can ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:01:49 pm by baktech »

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Potterr

• Donator
  • can u not
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rec_John_Potterr
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: If I am allowed to do this- what do you want in the future of AZW?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:03:15 pm »
Big battles with a massive community :D

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:06:53 pm »
Nice

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:52:53 pm »
Guys cmon, the mod is at pree alpha. There is no need for threads like this so early, plus I am sure the AZW devs will make a suggestion box when they would like suggestions. They have so much more in store, a Sgt with stripes and a rifle is probably already been planed. No need for this at this stage of the mod.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: what do you want in the future of AZW? Edited by Blucher
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:29:10 pm »
Guys cmon, the mod is at pree alpha. There is no need for threads like this so early, plus I am sure the AZW devs will make a suggestion box when they would like suggestions. They have so much more in store, a Sgt with stripes and a rifle is probably already been planed. No need for this at this stage of the mod.

Apparently there is this thread for.

So a rather quick suggestion.

Give the Zulu's a copy of the martini rifle(Yes copy the martini rifle or whatever gun you give them). And lower the accuracy on that item so you don't effect the British used guns. Don't start about "but the guns we're like that!" Yes I know. But that Zulu's could head shot people from the other side of the map is just ridiculous. And perhaps also lower the damage to get it a bit realistic!

Just my thought...

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBnYLR_Maj_Blucher
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 05:37:17 pm »

Give the Zulu's a copy of the martini rifle(Yes copy the martini rifle or whatever gun you give them). And lower the accuracy on that item so you don't effect the British used guns. Don't start about "but the guns we're like that!" Yes I know. But that Zulu's could head shot people from the other side of the map is just ridiculous. And perhaps also lower the damage to get it a bit realistic!

Just my thought...

We already made their skill level worse then the British. They have NW shooting skills (varries from what ever gun they spawn with) just remember reloading has been changed for the mod so they shoot faster. Also Since we got rid of other AI it only spawns the two we made, thus making it so when people have 100 bots 50% of them have guns..... so you have alot of people shooting at you. It has been fixed in the next update.
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: AZW Suggestions you have
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 05:43:18 pm »
I hope it will be better.. Playing on open maps and getting shot from miles away can get rather frustrating after a while... Perhaps an idea to put limits on the Zulus with Rifles?

And oh and is it possible to give critics about maps that are in? I believe a little "fort" with a river and some hills on the side. People said it was part of the mod.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:45:39 pm by Gokiller »

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 05:50:12 pm »
I hope it will be better.. Playing on open maps and getting shot from miles away can get rather frustrating after a while... Perhaps an idea to put limits on the Zulus with Rifles?

And oh and is it possible to give critics about maps that are in? I believe a little "fort" with a river and some hills on the side. People said it was part of the mod.
Yes it will be fixed next update. :P
also their are a lot of custom maps for this mod so far. Just go to the server owners thread and post your opinion of the map
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 05:51:36 pm »
Well they said it was made by Crozade or something. And seeing he's a dev I thought the map would be part of the mod. Atleast I guesed..

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:18 pm »
Well they said it was made by Crozade or something. And seeing he's a dev I thought the map would be part of the mod. Atleast I guesed..

Well honestly I have no idea what maps hes really made. Havent been shown much.
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 06:17:03 pm »
Even though I'm on the team I'm gonna post here anyway ;)

Percussion rifles and muskets for the Zulu. There were tens of thousands of these older firearms sold in Zululand in the 1870's. Realistically they should have very few Martini's because they simply couldn't get the ammo for them. Little was captured at Isandlwana thanks to the commissary blowing it up as can accurately be seen in Zulu dawn and what was captured at Nyezane wouldn't have made far beyond the few hundred Zulu who captured it.

Offline Ronan6793

• Donator
  • But at what cost?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Nick: Ronan
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 06:26:54 pm »
I would suggest getting a server and Stress testing the Ammo so you can choose whether or not to have more or less than 25 Bullets

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 06:30:39 pm »

Percussion rifles and muskets for the Zulu. There were tens of thousands of these older firearms sold in Zululand in the 1870's. Realistically they should have very few Martini's because they simply couldn't get the ammo for them. Little was captured at Isandlwana thanks to the commissary blowing it up as can accurately be seen in Zulu dawn and what was captured at Nyezane wouldn't have made far beyond the few hundred Zulu who captured it.
Will require us to have two seprate reload animations which now when i think about it i could probably do it easily
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 06:33:37 pm »

Just my thought...

The accuracy of Zulu sharpshooter bots is worse than NWs, it's the simple fact that 50 of them are constantly firing with high rates of fire which result in their kills. The fact that at the same range brits kill 10 zulus for every 1 brit the zulus kill shows that the zulus have awful accuracy.
Anyway in the next version there will be a lot less sharpshooter bots, it's just that right now there are two troops the AI uses and it makes a random ratio, sometimes being almost 100% sharpshooters.

We will work on giving them muskets but the first release was too early to implement separate reload animations

Offline Scrat555

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »
I know you're doing this, but rifled breech-loading artillery. Make it faster, more damaging, and more accurate than an NW cannon. Also Morton's Jam case shot for the arty: "It is interesting to note that at siege of Eshowe between 23rd January and the 3rd April 1879, the Royal Artillery ran very low on case shot. This shortfall was rectified when it was realised that Morton’s jam tins exactly fitted the bore of the 7-pounder. The infantry were thereby ordered to give up their empty Morton’s jam tins to the gunners, who improvised brilliantly by manufacturing their own case shot."  :P