Author Topic: Developer Blog 18 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.104  (Read 77688 times)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 18 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.104
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2013, 07:08:18 pm »
Glad to hear that everything got fixed. :) Good work FSE!

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2013, 07:14:44 pm »
Removed double X, now that is good news :D

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2013, 07:23:32 pm »
Boo, no double X.
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2013, 08:38:10 pm »
Those of you who disagree with the removal of double x, I recorded a video for Vince and crew demonstrating it, and he showed it to Taleworlds, and they discussed how to remove. Considering developers of not only NW, but Native Warband as well agreed it was an exploit and not a fair melee maneuver, your complaints will probably have no effect. So instead of storming the breach with comments of unrest, you might as well calm down, and get used to melee without using an exploit, because I assure you, assuming the patch has entirely fixed it, the double x exploit is not coming back.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2013, 08:55:33 pm »
What is this double x anyway?

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2013, 08:59:04 pm »
What is this double x anyway?

I don't know either. I'm unsure if I ever saw it, or had it done against me. Crunch, could you post your video here so we can see what this double x exploit was?

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
  • Been playing this game for too damn long ;~;
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2teGarde]Fallout
« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2013, 09:01:20 pm »
Something that people yelled "exploit exploit!" At because they didn't know how to counter it, in the competitive melee world it made melee extremely interesting and those who claim it's unblock able or that you can't see the animation honestly have not played the game. I have nearly 1,000 hours all attributed to NW.  The double x is when you hold your bayonet up and you tap x twice so the bayonet goes down smoothly and quicker then if you feinted. People, don't remove things you don't understand just because you can't beat them. Next thing you know they're going to take out chambers.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 06, 2013, 09:05:52 pm »
However, it was basically a feint where you swapped attack modes in the middle of a melee attack and it would like a feint, but as soon as you swapped back to melee, it would continue your attack, so basically it was a feint without actually prolonging your attack. I explained it more in depth to Vince, but am too lazy to type it all out again. My video showed just the basis of it, however I did not have anyone at the time to use it against, and I am not exactly sure how to do it perfectly everytime, so the video had some flaws, but I managed to pull it off three times, once in beginning, once in center, and once at end. I'm not good at it because I never use it, so my feint wasn't entirely obvious, but many people do it much better and would be able to show you better, my video was just a visual example for Vince.

http://www.twitch.tv/death_by_emp/c/2679138

Edit: Just seen Fallout's post, replying now.

Oh, and I believe the way it was patched was by adding a delay to weapon mode swap.

Before any of you complain about me poorly doing it in the video, Vince was aware I was not very familiar of how to do it, however I was not the only person informing him of it, many EU players also gave him examples.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:15:14 pm by Death by EMP »

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 06, 2013, 09:12:41 pm »
Something that people yelled "exploit exploit!" At because they didn't know how to counter it, in the competitive melee world it made melee extremely interesting and those who claim it's unblock able or that you can't see the animation honestly have not played the game. I have nearly 1,000 hours all attributed to NW.  The double x is when you hold your bayonet up and you tap x twice so the bayonet goes down smoothly and quicker then if you feinted. People, don't remove things you don't understand just because you can't beat them. Next thing you know they're going to take out chambers.
Okay, so I have played the Mount and Blade series since the very beginning, and have nearly 3k hours throughout the entire series. That means nothing however, because the double x exploit is not an exploit because it was hard to counter, but because it was never meant to be in the game. Saying it spiced up the game is like saying saper glitching a tower up to the rooftops in Arabian Harbor makes the game more interesting. It's an exploit but opens to new areas of the map, making it more interesting, right? People who complain about it call it an exploit because they can't counter it, right?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:15:44 pm by Death by EMP »

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2013, 10:04:55 pm »
Personally I've never experienced that (glitching on Arabian harbor) because on official servers that i play on. (NW_Official_Na1) sappers are regulated with wasting build points and everything by admins. The double x however is different in that respect as it IS counterable, just like a chamber.  You can chamber a chamber back and forth all day. And I have a feeling that people who can't chamber a chamber say the game is broken an that chambering is an exploit, when it's just their own personal skill holding them back, I.E the double x.  People didn't know how to counter it so they deemed it an exploit and a cheat. When if they would sit and understand it for the melee awhile before yelling exploit they would realize it's counterable and that it is in no way an "exploit" worth fixing and that is does make the melee more interesting.  You've officially dumbed down melee twice now. One more "fix" and I'm throwing NW in the garbage. :/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:07:18 pm by Fallout »

Offline MazZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • MazZ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stCSG_RSM_MazZ
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2013, 10:23:47 pm »
Double x was an exploit -> good riddance I say!

It's not because something is counterable that it's not an exploit.
For example jump stab can also be seen as somekind of exploit, but is also very easily counterable.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:29:16 pm by MazZ »

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2013, 10:45:38 pm »
Well the jump stab is for fun and giggles, but the reason I'm so peeved is because the double x spiced up the competitive melee world.

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #237 on: August 06, 2013, 10:57:44 pm »
Ehh double x seems to be cheating to me. Since it shows not animation of holding the attack direction of where you are attacking,and another good thing is no more musketoon cav!(Those Grenzers acted like them when they had the chance.)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2013, 11:02:55 pm »
Ehh double x seems to be cheating to me. Since it shows not animation of holding the attack direction of where you are attacking,and another good thing is no more musketoon cav!(Those Grenzers acted like them when they had the chance.)
Coming from you I would expect you to say double x is all luck.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 06, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »
Well the jump stab is for fun and giggles, but the reason I'm so peeved is because the double x spiced up the competitive melee world.

It did not. There is a reason why they didn't allowed it on the EU Groupfighting server of the 91st. Where (I may say) some of the most competitive players of NW regularly play. - Also all the melee tournaments didn't allow it.