Author Topic: Acceptable accents for BCOF  (Read 13320 times)

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Acceptable accents for BCOF
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 04:29:12 am »
im living in north carolina to but im from italy  so i leave it to your imgination to think of what i sound like muhaha

(if I may ask) what part of NC?

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
  • The 1st Cavalry and Infantry Regiment is Recruitin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1stCI
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 08:14:19 am »
I know this may not be the post, but in character creation, you decide what state you want your battle scream comes from? Leaves less confusions? Just a suggestion

And if you deice to do this, get fans from these respective state to put on the heaviest inter-state accent they can put on.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:16:06 am by [1stCI:Col] GodsonGuys »
Mother Führer Gentlemen -

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 10:13:07 am »
FSE may allow for voice selection in the character creation screen but I am unsure yet.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 01:46:15 pm »
I support this idea.

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 06:33:42 pm »
Ah cheers that is very helpful. What about for the North? What was the standard accent of the time that still exists today?

Well, Northern accents vary, from , , and many others... really depends where they're from.

#Random Examples

Maybe a dialed down Philly, but Boston is a bit strong. Again I think a weak southern indiana accent would work.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 06:39:14 pm »
Ah cheers that is very helpful. What about for the North? What was the standard accent of the time that still exists today?

Well, Northern accents vary, from , , and many others... really depends where they're from.

#Random Examples

Maybe a dialed down Philly, but Boston is a bit strong. Again I think a weak southern indiana accent would work.

I was thinking Philly was good as well. New York and Bostonian accents are far too regional, and you wouldn't hear them anywhere outside of those selected areas, so they're not the best accents for representing the entire Union.

However, I have a question. Will each regiment get a different accent, or are they going to be the same across the faction? It would be interesting to hear a Brooklyn regiment with a brooklyn accent and a Texan regiment with a Texan accent, rather than just a generic northern and southern accent.

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 06:50:52 pm »

#Random Examples

I was thinking Philly was good as well. New York and Bostonian accents are far too regional, and you wouldn't hear them anywhere outside of those selected areas, so they're not the best accents for representing the entire Union.

However, I have a question. Will each regiment get a different accent, or are they going to be the same across the faction? It would be interesting to hear a Brooklyn regiment with a brooklyn accent and a Texan regiment with a Texan accent, rather than just a generic northern and southern accent.

That would be pretty cool. Dibs on Bronx lol.

Offline regwilliam

• Donator
  • add regwilliam to join 1stNJ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 06:33:56 am »
morrisville

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 07:24:05 am »
FSE may allow for voice selection in the character creation screen but I am unsure yet.

That would be absolutely badass. That feature was quite fun in Uncharted 3.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 02:13:11 pm »
Ser a 2 reasons I vont to hev sis nais dshermen accent:

1.: I'm German. :D

2.: The biggest group of foreign soldiers were Germans. 1860 there lived 1.3 millions of in Germany born people in the USA. 50% of them were willing to fight in the war which was the biggest percentaged amount from all ethnic groups.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 05:50:06 pm »

2.: The biggest group of foreign soldiers were Germans. 1860 there lived 1.3 millions of in Germany born people in the USA. 50% of them were willing to fight in the war which was the biggest percentaged amount from all ethnic groups.

Thats a pretty good point, it would be pretty cool to have a German regiment in there if there was actually one. I'm to lazy to do my research right now.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 06:18:37 pm »
I would have thought it would have been the Irish, but that works too!

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 06:23:49 pm »
In the 11th corps of the union army, the main language was german. Whole regiments and brigades spoke german for the official orders. So the language was pretty important!

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 02:34:50 am »

One of my ancestors moved from Prussia to the United States and fought there as well. I don't know much about him but apparently he first served in the Prussian army and then in the Union army. He served as a colonel in the 103rd New York Volunteer Infantry, 1861/62, he was later wounded in the war and was given a commission as brigadier general. He later  returned to Germany in 1878 where he later died, possibly or in part due to the wound he had sustained during the war flaring up to cause infection.

Spoiler

[close]

Offline regwilliam

• Donator
  • add regwilliam to join 1stNJ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 01:39:30 pm »
what was his name ?